Airfare ???

disneyaholicraquel

Does anyone know the average price of a plane ticket from Michigan to SJU is? I'm looking for 3/31-4/8/2012...

Just wanna know when to take the plunge...right now Delta has $260 for 3/31 and the return is super high. Just wondering if this is normal or should I wait???

Does anyone know the average price of a plane ticket from Michigan to SJU is? I'm looking for 3/31-4/8/2012...

Just wanna know when to take the plunge...right now Delta has $260 for 3/31 and the return is super high. Just wondering if this is normal or should I wait???

We ended up paying an insane $700 pp for Iowa to SJU for spring break 2012. Last year, though, we waited to get our tickets (to Miami) and they ended up being even more. So I booked these right away and hope I didn't make a mistake. I think the Spring Break / Easter tickets sometimes just keep going up. It is so frustrating when the plane tickets cost as much as the cruise!

• 2 weeks later...

We booked our round trip airfare from Charlotte for $528 direct a few months ago in order to get the best arrival and departure times. I had watched it ever since it became available and was afraid it would continue to go up or the best times would be gone. We are sailing on the Caribbean Princess on 3/4 but we're flying down on 3/2 so we can enjoy San Juan before the cruise!

We have several friends going with us and they're hoping the price will drop but who knows......

disneyaholicraquel: Where are you in Michigan? I have been looking for fares out of Grand Rapids and they are $525...they do not look much better out of Detroit...a few weeks ago they were $460...I probably should have bought them then for our March 2012 cruise, but I wanted to wait for AirTran and Spirit Airlines to release their prices....good luck! I really want to get them under $400 but that may be just a dream......

disneyaholicraquel: Where are you in Michigan? I have been looking for fares out of Grand Rapids and they are $525...they do not look much better out of Detroit...a few weeks ago they were $460...I probably should have bought them then for our March 2012 cruise, but I wanted to wait for AirTran and Spirit Airlines to release their prices....good luck! I really want to get them under $400 but that may be just a dream......

I am from Grand Blanc so I am looking for the Flint airport. There are no direct flights at all. I am kinda holding out for Airtran to. No Spirit for me... If I can get them around $500 I will be satisfied!

We're sailing Jan. 21/2012 on Serenade and I'm patiently waiting for Jet Blue to release their schedule .. right now it only goes up to January 3rd. We've sailed from San Juan three times and I've always got the best price from Jet Blue flying from Buffalo, NY. Not sure if Jet Blue flies from Michigan, but it might be another option for you to check. :)

We're sailing Jan. 21/2012 on Serenade and I'm patiently waiting for Jet Blue to release their schedule .. right now it only goes up to January 3rd. We've sailed from San Juan three times and I've always got the best price from Jet Blue flying from Buffalo, NY. Not sure if Jet Blue flies from Michigan, but it might be another option for you to check. :)

No, Jet Blue here....

We booked Chicago to San Juan non-stop for $430.00 round trip per person-happy with that!:)

Yea thats a good price. I booked to early from Columbus , could have saved a $100 pp but you never know. :p

We always book as early as possible, it appears prices just keep going up. We booked non-stop ORD (Chicago) to SJU round trip in January and paid $282 ($141 each leg) + $46 taxes roundtrip p/p....they actually had been lower, but as I saw them increase I grabbed them. Doesn't look like they will come down this year due to the very high oil prices....so grab em' while they look decently priced in my humble opinion.

We always book as early as possible, it appears prices just keep going up. We booked non-stop ORD (Chicago) to SJU round trip in January and paid $282 ($141 each leg) + $46 taxes roundtrip p/p....they actually had been lower, but as I saw them increase I grabbed them. Doesn't look like they will come down this year due to the very high oil prices....so grab em' while they look decently priced in my humble opinion.

Would love to BUT, I checked AA out of ORD out and the only non-stop flight on Friday is early morning. My husband won't even be home from his 3rd shift job until a bit later than that flight time. Otherwise I'd be grabbing them. We want Saturday to explore.

Looks like airfare went down a little today!

Book a one-way nonstop for Nov for $185 including all fees from CLT to SJU! Roundtrip non-stop was @ $474 but I figured I would take my chances and keep searching for a one-way flight coming home. Must be able to find a comparable price within the next few months. Otherwise, I'll just stay in SJ!:p

Looks like airfare went down a little today!

Book a one-way nonstop for Nov for $185 including all fees from CLT to SJU! Roundtrip non-stop was @ $474 but I figured I would take my chances and keep searching for a one-way flight coming home. Must be able to find a comparable price within the next few months. Otherwise, I'll just stay in SJ!:p

What airline was this? That's a great price!:)

I just got an email from Priceline saying AirTran's one way fare from Buffalo to SJU is $149 but that's for September.. I'm looking for January :(

What airline was this? That's a great price!:)

I just got an email from Priceline saying AirTran's one way fare from Buffalo to SJU is $149 but that's for September.. I'm looking for January :(

UsAirways.

I know it stinks waiting for them to put out their pricing - been there :eek:

I'm on the fence....AA went down to $224 each way....I think that's the best I'm gonna get for that time of the year. I wish Airtran would open up....I'm afraid to wait.

Wow.. that's a huge drop! :) I just checked AA for a January flight to SJU from Buffalo and return, but the prices I'm getting are the highest yet.. almost $700 each! :eek: Think I'll just wait :(

I'm on the fence....AA went down to $224 each way....I think that's the best I'm gonna get for that time of the year. I wish Airtran would open up....I'm afraid to wait.

I know what you mean.

I still haven't booked our flight home (the Sun before Thanksgiving) and Airtran is about $250 pp (with one stop in ATL). So tempted to book.....

Archived