Platinum package

We just received our Platinum package in the mail. :) Strangely we just finished a cruise on Carnival (price and departure port were the considering factors) and I think this was a strange omen because it is very hard not to compare the lines. For me.. NCL has it down.

We are cruising again out of Barcelona this fall for our 30th anniversary and looking forward to our first Platinum level cruise which will be our second cruise on the Epic! We got a special onboard credit (will post if any problem) and luggage tags in our Platinum package and very nice leather passport covers that say NCL. So many things I missed being on Carnival including the bliss bedding (my back hurt all week) and my eggs Benedict just to name a few.

I think I had to get past this last trip to start planning our next one. We are flying into Paris two days before this trip so I am both nervous and excited at the same time.

Congratulations on the Platinum Status. NCL is my favorite cruise line, too. I agree with you about the Bliss beds.

Don't worry about flying into Paris. It's pretty easy, but make sure you have your transportation taken care of before you get there. We usually use a shuttle service as cabs are so expensive. The last time we were there, we found a lot of people wanted to practice their English which made it easy for us to find our way around.

Also, you may want to purchase your Metro pass for the time you're there. The Metro subway was easy to figure out and made it so easy to move around the city. Another thing we purchased before we went was a ParisTour package. It allows you to go into museums (including the Louvre which we spent almost eight hours exploring), double decker tour buses, and other attractions around Paris.

Latitutes rewards at any level, bronze, silver, gold or platinum are not really very impressive. The program sounds good, but doesn't deliver much.

As my Mom used to say "Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick"

Not that I will ever get anything I am from the UK and we are excluded from this anyway.

As my Mom used to say "Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick"

Not that I will ever get anything I am from the UK and we are excluded from this anyway.

I know that you don't get everyting but you are not excluded from it, once on the ship you get the same things as the rest of the Latitudes guests.

I know that you don't get the OBC people booking from NCL in Germany get but the price for your cruise is sometimes much lower so it's still a good deal for you to book from NCL UK.

I know that you don't get everyting but you are not excluded from it, once on the ship you get the same things as the rest of the Latitudes guests.

I know that you don't get the OBC people booking from NCL in Germany get but the price for your cruise is sometimes much lower so it's still a good deal for you to book from NCL UK.

I agree with the onboard perks but the OP was complaining about receiving a gift in the post since it appeared not to be enough for them.... and also making fun of Vet as he always has a dig at NCL

I don't book through NCL UK as I have never found them to offer me a good price. I can usually do way better than the NCL UK price by making an international call....

Latitutes rewards at any level, bronze, silver, gold or platinum are not really very impressive. The program sounds good, but doesn't deliver much.

The Lattitudes program has delivered everything listed to me !! What aren't they giving you that shows on the website ?

I agree.... and if you book a Suite, then you get it all anyway.

I see what you are trying to say, but you're not exactly correct. Remember, Latitudes Benefits are something that you "get", while Suite Benefits (or Perks) are something that you "buy". (Of course, we all "buy" the Latitude Benefits by paying for the cruises, but that is just splitting hairs ;))

BTW....Glad that you're back, Richard. I hope that you're going to behave yourself this time!

I agree with the onboard perks but the OP was complaining about receiving a gift in the post since it appeared not to be enough for them.... and also making fun of Vet as he always has a dig at NCL

I don't book through NCL UK as I have never found them to offer me a good price. I can usually do way better than the NCL UK price by making an international call....

The OP was not complaining about anything, was he?

The OP was not complaining about anything, was he?

The only thing the OP mentioned that I thought was a "complaint" was directed at the quality of the bedding on the Carnival ship...the OP made it pretty clear that they like NCL's Bliss bedding better.

Archived