Reliving Alaska

jmps

I spent the evening copying some video to DVD. We somehow missed copying this tape and couldn't find it. It was video from our Alaska Inside Passage cruise in 2009 onboard the Zuiderdam. Wow, it brings back great memories! Whales, dolphins, bears, eagles, sea lions, glaciers, mountains, narrow water passages and great people were all there. If you are thinking about an Alaskan cruise do it!

This was our first Alaskan cruise, first HAL cruise, first verandah, first suite, first (and only) upgrade to a deluxe suite. What a great time. We have since sailed with HAL two more times and really like the line.

For Alaska do NOT scrimp on shore excursions you will remember them forever.

I just had to share my good feeling....

I spent the evening copying some video to DVD. We somehow missed copying this tape and couldn't find it. It was video from our Alaska Inside Passage cruise in 2009 onboard the Zuiderdam. Wow, it brings back great memories! Whales, dolphins, bears, eagles, sea lions, glaciers, mountains, narrow water passages and great people were all there. If you are thinking about an Alaskan cruise do it!

This was our first Alaskan cruise, first HAL cruise, first verandah, first suite, first (and only) upgrade to a deluxe suite. What a great time. We have since sailed with HAL two more times and really like the line.

For Alaska do NOT scrimp on shore excursions you will remember them forever.

I just had to share my good feeling....

Everything you said is 100% the truth!! I cannot stop going again and again as it is such an amazing state and cruise!!

Love Love Love the scenery, the views from the ship, the wildlife, the sea life and just everything about Alaska!!

Joanie

I completely understand how you feel and thank you for sharing with us. I took my first Alaska cruise in 2009 on the Zuiderdam, too. I am repeating that same cruise in July. :D Alaska stole my heart and soul in a way I never imagined possible. It truly must be experienced in order to appreciate what everyone says about it.

Shore excursions....oh yes, get out and see all you can. The view from the ship is fabulous but doesn't compare to getting out there and immersing yourself in the wonders that surround you.

I agree...go and be amazed. You'll make memories that will stay in your heart forever. :)

So true!!!! Took our first cruise ever to Alaska on HAL Oosterdam. As DDD said, it stole our heart. I have NO desire to cruise anywhere else! Will be going back for my fourth time this Aug. 5th on the Amsterdam's 14 day itinerary. Did it last year, loved it so much, doing it again! Its such a mystical, magical experience to soak up the environment around you. Love, love, love it!

This was our first Alaskan cruise, first HAL cruise, first verandah, first suite, first deluxe suite. What a great time. We have since sailed with HAL two more times and really like the line.
We could be you. This statement is exactly true for us as well and our first time was Zuiderdam Alaska ... although in 2010.

Thanks ... we share your good feelings.:):)

So true!!!! Took our first cruise ever to Alaska on HAL Oosterdam. As DDD said, it stole our heart. I have NO desire to cruise anywhere else! Will be going back for my fourth time this Aug. 5th on the Amsterdam's 14 day itinerary. Did it last year, loved it so much, doing it again! Its such a mystical, magical experience to soak up the environment around you. Love, love, love it!

I know what you mean about Alaska! I will be doing my "Fifth" Alaska Cruise in September (Southbound) on the Statendam! I have one Inside Passage and three Southbounds from Seward to Vancouver. You can't beat Alaska for it's beauty, and it is clean and awesome!:)

Archived