Princess EZ Air - but not Toronto?

KAWS

I went to Princess EZ air to just see what the prices would be for our upcoming cruise. To my surprise the departure defaulted to Montreal and there was no Toronto choice on the drop down menu.

So what good is this to us? Seems strange that Montreal would be offered but not a huge airport like Toronto Pearson. I've done this through Royal with no problem choosing our airport so I can't figure why you can't book a flight from Toronto on Princess.

Definitely a hmmmmmm moment! :confused:

The idea that perhaps they are all sold out makes sense. But if they never purchased them in the first place - well that is the part that puzzles me.

Thanks for the possibilities though. It never occurred to me that maybe they were just sold out.

I went to Princess EZ air to just see what the prices would be for our upcoming cruise. To my surprise the departure defaulted to Montreal and there was no Toronto choice on the drop down menu.

So what good is this to us? Seems strange that Montreal would be offered but not a huge airport like Toronto Pearson. I've done this through Royal with no problem choosing our airport so I can't figure why you can't book a flight from Toronto on Princess.

Definitely a hmmmmmm moment! :confused:

Just an FYI:

The tickets on Princess EZ Air and Choice Air are NO different than the cruise air tickets passengers purchased throughout the years.

The cruise line buys 1000's of tickets on contract a year or more in advance. These are the SAME consolidator class tickets they used on cruise air. They have just dumped them into a proprietary software program (I KNOW for a fact Choice Air is the "backend" software of Travelocity but it is NOT Travelocity, just the software).

NO HOW, NO WAY are you getting a service with EZ Air or Choice Air where MOST city ticket pairs are shown. What you are seeing is ONLY the tickets the cruise line has ALREADY purchased and dumped into the proprietary software. They OWN the tickets. Cancel the cruise and there is a REAL possibility you have lost your air. You CANNOT use it for a land trip. Some have already come to this sad reality. HAVE to take a cruise to use the tickets purchased on EZ Air or Choice Air.

As 6rugrats posted, either the tickets are sold out OR the cruise line got a better deal with Montreal tickets and didn't purchase any Toronto tickets.

Post your dates, airports, etc. etc. for more help. You are certainly NOT getting any bargain with Choice Air or EZ Air tickets. You are NOT getting the same tickets you would buy from the airline, Travelocity, Expedia or Orbitz (published fare tickets).

PLEASE be careful and KNOW what you are buying.

Is this for the March 2012 cruise I see you posting about? I just started a dummy booking for it and got non-stop and multiple stop options from YYZ on several airlines.

Just an FYI:

You are certainly NOT getting any bargain with Choice Air or EZ Air tickets. You are NOT getting the same tickets you would buy from the airline, Travelocity, Expedia or Orbitz (published fare tickets).

PLEASE be careful and KNOW what you are buying.

We used Choice Air last year for our flights. I had looked at the Air Canada site and the price was unbelievable. I then went to look at Choice Air through Royal. The EXACT flights for the days I wanted worked out to a total of $400 less. We booked them through Choice and we had no problem.

At one point last year we were thinking of switching our cruise and when I inquired about changing the flight we were told that if we cancelled or changed there was a non-refundable $188 per ticket price attached. But, you're right: you can't just use them for something else if it's attached to Choice (and I'd assume EZ air).

Dan: We don't need flights. We have them already through Aeroplan points going and coming back we're not flying from Ft. Lauderdale. We're renting a car and driving to Ft. Myers for a few days to visit friends before we fly home from there. I just was curious and wanted to see what EZ air would offer or had available and that's when I noticed there was no Toronto option. But yes it was for the March cruise that I was looking at so interesting that you could see Toronto options and I didn't.

We used Choice Air last year for our flights. I had looked at the Air Canada site and the price was unbelievable. I then went to look at Choice Air through Royal. The EXACT flights for the days I wanted worked out to a total of $400 less. We booked them through Choice and we had no problem.

No doubt that was because nothing happened to your flights that necessitated making changes, i.e. your flights were not cancelled, and weren't delayed enough to cause missed connections. If either of those had occurred, you likely would have found out just how problematic those cheaper Choice Air tix can be.

You may get the EXACT flights and airline but you sure didn't get the SAME tickets. IF you would have had a glitch (doesn't matter what-pick one-mechanical, weather, security shutdown, cancellation, Iceland volcano, South America earthquake), your Choice Air tickets leave you at the BOTTOM of the barrel with VERY few options. The tickets are NO GOOD on another airline, they are NOT reroutable and you are the last to be rebooked. You are essentially STUCK until the ORIGINATING airline has seats available for you. May be a day, may be a few hours, may be a week. You very well could miss your cruise.

It even says so in the fine print. From the Choice Air website: "Airline tickets we issue are highly restrictive and you may find that your ticket cannot be exchanged, reissued or revalidated for another carrier or routing."

PLEASE don't believe you are buying the SAME tickets you could have purchased on the Air Canada website or through other venues. It just ain't so.

At one point last year we were thinking of switching our cruise and when I inquired about changing the flight we were told that if we cancelled or changed there was a non-refundable $188 per ticket price attached. But, you're right: you can't just use them for something else if it's attached to Choice (and I'd assume EZ air).

As quite a few found out this year when the Middle East and some Asia itineraries were canceled, you now have tickets that are essentially not worth beans. They told you $188 to transfer your air tickets to another cruise. I have heard as high as $400 change fee (which just about wipes out any potential savings you MAY have had with your worthless consolidator ticket). And THAT is ONLY if you use your expensive Asia ticket to go on a Caribbean cruise. It is my understanding that you MUST take a cruise within one year or your tickets have absolutely NO value. What a rip!!!

We fly out of Toronto (normally) and for all of our cruises we've had the option of doing the EZ air booking, not that we ever exercised that option. The closer you get to the cruise, the fewer choices you have. They only book flights with Air Canada or various US carriers though. You can change the default setting, perhaps there is some confusion on their records about where you live and where the nearest airport is.

Next cruise, it looks like we're driving to Buffalo and picking up a flight from there. That way we do customs in the car and avoid all the ridiculous taxes on the flights!

Archived