group transportation to Harwich

The cruise train is being replaced by bus service for our cruise out of Harwich on July 17th, so some folks on our roll call decided it might work out well to just share a van/bus ride from central London to Harwich. Does anyone have any recommendations for a reliable company that could take a group (and a lot of luggage :D)?

The cruise train is being replaced by bus service for our cruise out of Harwich on July 17th, so some folks on our roll call decided it might work out well to just share a van/bus ride from central London to Harwich. Does anyone have any recommendations for a reliable company that could take a group (and a lot of luggage :D)?

The train service still runs, every hour. Just the dedicated 'cruise trains' are probably not available on your day.

As Scott says, the trains will still run, but there will be a coach replacement service for the last bit from Manningtree to Harwich Int. The 'normal' train would have meant you changing at Manningtree anyway. It will work out much cheaper to use the train/replacement coach than a van or similar. I'd use the train, but perhaps get the train before the one I had planned to, to give a bit more time in case of problems.

Simon

Agree with the above...to take the train...After taking a bus from LHR to Harwich...I know I wouldn't do that again...:(

The problem is that we would be taking the bus, as there is no train running that day due to engineering works and a replacement coach service is what is offered. And if I'm going to be traveling by road then I would prefer to leave earlier and have the transportation under my control. I am aware that it will cost more. I don't care. I am just looking for a recommendation for a reliable company with fair pricing.

The problem is that we would be taking the bus, as there is no train running that day due to engineering works and a replacement coach service is what is offered. And if I'm going to be traveling by road then I would prefer to leave earlier and have the transportation under my control. I am aware that it will cost more. I don't care. I am just looking for a recommendation for a reliable company with fair pricing.

Like I said, its only the last bit thats a coach. You will do around 50 miles on the train and about 9 miles on the coach.

Simon

Archived