Port of Lyttelton Cruise ship season

I feel for the local people, who live/work in the worst effected areas. I don't know how they can take the continuing stress. I suspect some will shift and not return.

You are not wrong there - latest survey has indicated 1 in 5 are leaving or planning to for many though it is not quite that simple.

Port is now open to container ships. It again sustained damage in Mondays quake and container ships could not come in for 4 days so supermarket shelves were starting to look a little bear.

For those that are interested or visiting in the near future there is a website www.christchurchquakemap.co.nz which shows all the quakes, where they are centred, size and depth. You can see them by day, since Feb or go right back to Sept.

Sherie

I have relatives living in Christchurch, the other side of the hill from Lyttleton, their house was badly damaged in the first one. Now the house is damaged again, and once again no power or water.

My heart really goes out to all these people it must be horrible when these quakes strike and then the damage. And the worst part their is no warnings, like you get with approaching storms.

Sherie,

Thank you for the link to the quake map, which I had not seen before.

Yesterday DH and others travelled to Christchurch to help shovel liquefaction from around peoples homes.

Please do thank him and the others for their fantastic work. Its great that they give up their time to help out - makes such a difference.

Sherie

Sherie,

What a good web site. Isn't technology amazing. It is hard to believe there have been so many quakes. No wonder peoples nerves are rattled. Thanks for the update.

Jen

Hi Jen

Now, if we could just get them to show the next 24 hours we would all sleep alot easier.:D

Sherie

Hi Jen

Now, if we could just get them to show the next 24 hours we would all sleep alot easier.:D

Sherie

Sherie,

Gotta luv your sense of humour.:D What happened at that big meeting yesterday? Lots to be pulled down I assume? Will the locals get some support re compensation if they have to move? I certainly hope so.

Also is daughter completely recovered now? That I hope for, the most for you Sherie.

Jen

Sherie,

Gotta luv your sense of humour.:D What happened at that big meeting yesterday? Lots to be pulled down I assume? Will the locals get some support re compensation if they have to move? I certainly hope so.

Also is daughter completely recovered now? That I hope for, the most for you Sherie.

Jen

Hi Jen

My daughter is well on the road to recovery - thanks for asking.

Residential Christchurch has been divided into colour groups. Red, yellow, green and white. Green can rebuild, orange and white need more testing of the land and red houses (over 5,000) are not allowed to rebuild on their land. Those in the red group have the option of letting the government buy their homes at valuation or claiming through their insurance. They will never be able to please everyone but appears to have been a well received package and provided clarity to a number of those worst affected.

Sherie

Archived