Port of Lyttelton Cruise ship season

Hi,

The main site is www.christchurchnz.com. On the main page there is a connection to media or travel updates, click on 'read more' (in red), then look for latest info for Transport, then scroll down to 'tours and transport' and finally click on 'update'. This will bring up a pdf file. I found this particular site very interesting an informative regarding our plans.

Hoping this helps, it did for us.

Jen

Thank you for listing this site.

Am sure it will be of help to many cruisers.

Thank you for listing this site.

Am sure it will be of help to many cruisers.

My pleasure. Glad it was helpful. I thought it would keep us up to date with things over there, as no doubt they will be different by Nov when we go.

Have a great land trip:)

Jen

My pleasure. Glad it was helpful. I thought it would keep us up to date with things over there, as no doubt they will be different by Nov when we go.

Have a great land trip:)

Jen

Hi everyone

Yes, keep checking the websites as your trip approaches, things change rapidly here. Just had a significant 5.5 aftershock this morning which is likely to have caused more damage.:eek:

Sherie

Hi everyone

Yes, keep checking the websites as your trip approaches, things change rapidly here. Just had a significant 5.5 aftershock this morning which is likely to have caused more damage.:eek:

Sherie

Oh Sherie, thats not good. Obviously you are ok...just hang in there and keep looking forward to your cruise later this year....sounds like you all need a break.

Jen:)

update...sounds like another biggie,

a building has collapsed,

http://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/top-stories/9629954

The latest aftershock to hit Christchurch has apparently caused a building to collapse.

Stuff website reports police have said a building on the corner of Stanmore and Worcester Street has collapsed and people are feared trapped inside.

TV3 also reports an ambulance has been sent to Latimer Square where people are also feared trapped.

Just after 1pm the violent 5.5 magnitude quake struck the city at a depth of just 11km, 10km east of Lyttleton, 10km north-east of Diamond Harbour and 10km east of Christchurch.

GeoNet reports another aftershock followed soon after at 1.28pm

"It was very frightening. I am very worried about some reports of injuries coming in," Mayor Bob Parker told NewstalkZB.

Parker said the major concern was for people who may have been in the city centre working around already damaged or semi-destroyed buildings.

"There are people in there all the time working on the demolition process," he said.

"If we ever needed a reminder of why it is we do that we just had one today."

Just heard it on TV news. When will it ever end???? :confused: Some damage and liquifaction and 7 people may be trapped in a building.

Also heard on the news ,they had just started an inquiry into why one of the buildings collapsed in the big one and killed so many people, when this one hit today , and they all had to evacuate the venue.

Seems like they just get it all cleaned up , and another one strikes.

Very sad news. I imagine the residents are having a hard time coping, as would be expected, their nerves must be frayed. I imagine this also may impact on tourism, including cruises, as Cch seems to be copping it big time. I hope there is good news from today, re only injuries, not lives lost.

Hang in there Sherie....your aussie cousins are thinking about you all.

Jen

Yes last big one was a 6, really scary at the moment. I am home now - power ok but looks like no water or sewerage. I was just leaving the hospital where my daughter had just had surgery when the 5.5 struck. Ended up huddled in the middle of the street with the children.

Yes last big one was a 6, really scary at the moment. I am home now - power ok but looks like no water or sewerage. I was just leaving the hospital where my daughter had just had surgery when the 5.5 struck. Ended up huddled in the middle of the street with the children.

I don't know what to say to you, other than keep safe, and thinking of you all.

Jen:)

Thoughts are with you and everyone in Christchurch.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you all over there. Hope your daughter recovers well soon. Take care.

Shipping containers have found new uses..

Christchurch's shipping containers

Thousands of containers are being used as barriers around damaged buildings and unstable cliff faces, and as temporary storage for householders and businesses in Christchurch.

Cathedral_Blessed_Sac.jpg

Containers_Shag_Rock_corner1.jpg

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/image.cfm?c_id=3&gal_cid=3&gallery_id=119459#7712574

Front page headline in the Christchurch Press this morning, states, "7350 quakes and still counting since the September 4th quake".

The 6.3 quake on Monday caused liquefaction again.

I feel for the local people, who live/work in the worst effected areas. I don't know how they can take the continuing stress. I suspect some will shift and not return.

Archived