Suggestion for hosts

Bisous3

Hi all!

I think it might be a great idea to compile a FAQ to leave permanently posted here on this bulletin board. It seems that there are many questions repeated many times over a few months. (eg.- are there irons in the room? How many formal nights? whats a good hotel to stay in in Ft. Lauderdale?....you get the idea.)

If I can help, let me know, but there are many more knowledgable X cruisers on this board than me!

Suzanne

Suzanne

Oceanic '82

Oceanic '83

Century '01

Century '03

Millennium '03

Island Princess '04

Hi Suzanneicon_smile.gif I think your suggestion has been offered up before......

and has been declined...due to the fact those questions are actually on other forums too.

When you go to the main menu...there is the listing of Forums that are offered (First Time Cruisers, Cruise Fashions, Hotels, etc.) I think if they put an FAQ on here it would probably be doubling up on what is already listed.

I might be wrong....but I think that is why it has never been done on this particular board.

Next up...HORIZON Sept 18th to Bermuda!

See My Century and Mercury Pictures at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/lovescruising

When you set up FAQ's people don't use them because they don't want to take the time to search through them. It's always easier to ask the same question over and over again.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;3;19;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Donuts, is there anything they can't do....

Suzanne:

The suggestion is excellent but it should be done in a way that makes it simple for new posters to access.

The problem of the persistent threads occurs because new posters just simply don't know and ask an honest question. They deserve to be answered because they are looking for information. I try to answer the question whenever possible but things get out of hand at some point.

Don

The questions don't change, but the old answers aren't always up to date and correct. Better to ask and get accurate up to date info than to rely on last years answers.

Char

click <a href="mailto:gaultchar@aol.com">here</a href> to send me an e-mail

This Cruise Critic forum is a live forum and things, regulations and whatever do change. What was true a year or a month ago, might not be true anymore. New people do join and have the same rights as the oldtimers to ask whatever they want to know and participate in this forum. Anyone can answer or not, nobody is forcing anyone to do anything. If someone is tired of answering the same question about the iron, smuggled booze or whatever, do not answer, someone else will.

Wes

I don't have a problem with the people who ask questions that have been asked before, I'm sure I've done it myself.

I was merely making a suggestion that I thought new cruisers would appreciate. When I've read FAQs on other websites there were always questions on it that I never thought to ask.

And whats wrong with updating information periodically when it changes?

Its starting to get like rec.travel.cruises in here.....

Suzanne

Oceanic '82

Oceanic '83

Century '01

Century '03

Millennium '03

Island Princess '04

Thanksgiving on the Millie '04

Maybe it would be helpful if the search or find tool worked better. I have often searched for info only to get a message that no information is available. So, yes, I have been guilty of asking a FAQ. I'm deeply grateful to those of you who will answer "the same old question" one more time!icon_biggrin.gif

Archived