French Doors

mkissa

Some recent price drops have given us the opportunity to move from an inside 4B to a French Door room on the Spirit for $20pp for our 5 day cruise. Do you think that is worth is? Should we wait for something better? Our cruise is not until November.

ETA: We would be on the same deck we are in now, but would move from aft to midship.

Well, you would get some outside light... might be worth the extra. Have you ever stayed in an outside cabin?

On our first two cruises we had either portholes or an actual window.

I just booked this kind of cabin for the sister ship the Lege3nd. I like having some light, and if you see something out the windows that you want to check out, you just run down one flight and be on the outside promenade. This is exactly what we are looking for when we finally do our Alaska trip. 20 for the week-so worth it!

I would not take it. The bed rocks you side to side and its really annoying. I also do not like the light coming in the room. The inside cabins are nice to sleep in. If it was a balcony upgrade I would do it though.

I have had this type of cabin twice and would book it again in a heartbeat! Only available on Spirit class ships (Legend, Miracle, Pride etc). Better than an outside cabin by far because of the fresh air. You also get some daylight. Same size as an ocean view with a couch too. Worth the extra money.

I would not take it. The bed rocks you side to side and its really annoying. I also do not like the light coming in the room. The inside cabins are nice to sleep in. If it was a balcony upgrade I would do it though.

Please explain what is different about the beds in these rooms vs. any other room.

I guess light is a personal preference. I can't sleep in a totally dark room. My preference is ambient light from outside.

Please explain what is different about the beds in these rooms vs. any other room.

I guess light is a personal preference. I can't sleep in a totally dark room. My preference is ambient light from outside.

Writing LIVE from the Miracle in Nassau from the French Door cabin 4141, I can tell you the beds and the room, everything is identical to an outside or a balcony room. I have been in all of them. This room is the BEST, it is between the lifeboats so there is a great view to the outside, the windows open, it is the BEST value on the Spirit class ships, it is my only choice unless I get a free upgrade to a balcony [picture that happening].

Plenty of ambioent light, great view from certain cabins only. Most are 100% obstructed meaning you can see a little water from underneath the life boats, but basically just offer light into the room.

Can you put chairs outside the french doors so you can sit out there?

No, you have no access to the outside from the french doors. The bottom half of the window is a clear plate glass railing. No way to exit the window unless you do acrobatics, climb out over the railing and swing about 2 feet up onto a catwalk used to access the lifeboats.

......... Only available on Spirit class ships (Legend, Miracle, Pride etc).. Better than an outside cabin by far because of the fresh air. You also get some daylight. Same size as an ocean view with a couch too. Worth the extra money.

It pays to read all the posts because you just answered my question of "which ships on Carnival had cabins with French Doors?"

• 2 weeks later...
Writing LIVE from the Miracle in Nassau from the French Door cabin 4141, I can tell you the beds and the room, everything is identical to an outside or a balcony room. I have been in all of them. This room is the BEST, it is between the lifeboats so there is a great view to the outside, the windows open, it is the BEST value on the Spirit class ships, it is my only choice unless I get a free upgrade to a balcony [picture that happening].

Plenty of ambioent light, great view from certain cabins only. Most are 100% obstructed meaning you can see a little water from underneath the life boats, but basically just offer light into the room.

Do you know if the cabin next to yours, 4139 has a bit of the in between lifeboat view also or do they look directly out to a lifeboat?

I don't know what one poster was talking about "the beds rock you side to side"???

I had a between the lifeboats room and it was fine. It's very industrial looking out there. Never saw another cabin door opened.

Do you remember your cabin #?

I did some research on CC and saw 4140 mentioned as a good location. Haven't been onboard yet to check it out, but the Carnival PVP emailed us a picture and stated that we had selected a good location. Look at the deck plans very carefully - you can tell by looking at the plans.

I did some research on CC and saw 4140 mentioned as a good location. Haven't been onboard yet to check it out, but the Carnival PVP emailed us a picture and stated that we had selected a good location. Look at the deck plans very carefully - you can tell by looking at the plans.

My PVP also sent me a picture of 4140 but it was already booked. ( 4141 also ) I have 4138 and on the deck plan, it looks like I might have 1/4 or 1/3 of the view but then the picture of 4140 shows a full view of between the lifeboats so wondering if I'll have any ocean view at all.

Archived