All Things Explorer of the Seas! -- Part 2

that's fine..it's about 11 miles...they WILL fill up the shuttle/bus --there are several...worse comes to worse grab a cab.,,,,

We live locally, but will be flying in From Miami that morning. If you book your own airfare, can you still reserve on the RCI shuttle? Our flight gets in at 1:30pm.

Thanks

Mary (& Steve)

We live locally, but will be flying in From Miami that morning. If you book your own airfare, can you still reserve on the RCI shuttle? Our flight gets in at 1:30pm.

Thanks

Mary (& Steve)

Yes, I am almost positive you can.

Does anyone know if they still serve Rosotto shrimp as an entree in Portofino's

They changed the menu when it switched to Giovonies (sp) table on the Allure and we didn't care for it.

I'm not a meat eater but DH loves it. Which would be better for us, Portofino's or Chops. I loved the shrimp.

thanks, MIMI

Edited by booze brothers

Does anyone know if they still serve Rosotto shrimp as an entree in Portofino's

They changed the menu when it switched to Giovonies (sp) table on the Allure and we didn't care for it.

I'm not a meat eater but DH loves it. Which would be better for us, Portofino's or Chops. I loved the shrimp.

thanks, MIMI

No Chops on EX...only Portofino!

you can get the chops filet in the MDR for 14 bucks

Cruised on Jewell of the Seas last week and 1st seating was at 5:30 pm. :mad: Hotel Manager said it was "demographics" that caused the change from 6:00 pm. to earlier (yes it was mostly older people). I have been on Explorer 3 times (and 1st seating was always 6pm) and will be cruising on Dec. 1st and have 1st seating; however I was reading an EOS review where the person said the 1st seating time was changed to 5:30 when she boarded. Anyone else have this happen? Don't really want to sign up for My Time Dining but 5:30 is way too early.

Same thing happened last year on Ex. People were reporting early dining as 5:30pm from sometime in the fall until about Easter break, when it went back to 6pm.

DH wants to take the RCL bus from Allentown PA to the port at Bayone.

Not sure how to find information on this.

Any help please

thanks, MIMI

Hey GF, here's one site, not sure if it's the one your looking for but thought I'd post it.

https://www.enttours.com/destinationdetail.aspx?iDestinationInfoId=5

Any help please

thanks, MIMI

IIRC it is Beiber and it stops at the LV Industrial Park someplace near the airport...i was looking for my cousin...

I just googled it for her

IMO it leaves a little late for my liking

my bad, it's trans bridge...google is my friend

http://www.transbridgelines.com/pier.htm

Edited by megr1125

Thanks Patty and Meg.

Looking out the window, about 4" of snow on the ground, ME thinks the bus isn't the way to go. what if we get a bad storm and are held up. The bus leaves late and we know the ship isn't going to wait. (well maybe the RCL bus would)

I'm going to check our thread and see if anyone is staying at a near by hotel that we can leave our car reasonably

We're only an hour and a half from the port but if weather is bad, I'd sure rather be closer to the port. Liz will have to be in the kennel the day before anyway so going to a hotel may be the way to go.

Hmmmmm, ok gals, got any other ideas. LOL

Thanks Patty and Meg.

Looking out the window, about 4" of snow on the ground, ME thinks the bus isn't the way to go. what if we get a bad storm and are held up. The bus leaves late and we know the ship isn't going to wait. (well maybe the RCL bus would)

I'm going to check our thread and see if anyone is staying at a near by hotel that we can leave our car reasonably

We're only an hour and a half from the port but if weather is bad, I'd sure rather be closer to the port. Liz will have to be in the kennel the day before anyway so going to a hotel may be the way to go.

Hmmmmm, ok gals, got any other ideas. LOL

Patty...that's not RCI transportation, maybe that's why

Mimi...try stay123 or trinity reservations dot com

usually the fairfield inn, country inn and/or springhill suites are there, with park n flys cheaper than booking direct. One of my peeps (138east/carol) uses them often, and a lot of peeps on my roll call have done that too...

THEN..book a car service such as http://www.blackexecutivecars.com or http://www.trulimo.com to get you to and from the port...

stay away from the wyndham and worst (best) western and comfort suites..

NOT the greatest places and/or areas. Granted, the EWR "resort" area isn't pretty:rolleyes: but there ARE good and lousy places..

Mimi,

Yes, Meg's advise is right on. There are about 20 or more couples staying at the Springhill for our November cruise. They all booked thru Trinity and have free parking for the entire trip and a really good rate. There's so many of them that they started by booking a shuttle but now they have booked an entire bus to take them to the port and pick them up again. Everyone sent one person the money and she arranged the transportation and paid the bus company already. It's cheaper than paying for parking. I had considered it but I know with working I won't be ready to leave that night and stay at the hotel.......I'll still be packing......LOL But I am still giving it some thought.

Patty

Just wondering what your favorite sea day activities to do on the Explorer are? We will have 5 sea days on our 10 night cruise in March and while I'm more than happy to relax and decompress for alot of that time, think I might need some ideas on how to keep my teen boys and especially my Father in law busy.

Thanks.

Just wondering what your favorite sea day activities to do on the Explorer are? We will have 5 sea days on our 10 night cruise in March and while I'm more than happy to relax and decompress for alot of that time, think I might need some ideas on how to keep my teen boys and especially my Father in law busy.

Thanks.

sleep!

that said there is plenty to do....some of the time, the pools will be fine....and if the weather is icky there is PLENTY to do...not that i remember any of it cause, well...i tend to fall asleep as soon as the ship starts to pull away from the pier:eek:

there's always the rock wall, mini golf, basketball and whatever else is going on....

There's also the fitness center and the giant indoor hot tub. On deck 14 there's a card/game room. There's also shuffleboard, pingpong, jogging track, an inline skating track, ice skating (scheduled times), and golf simulator (fee). Beware of the dreaded video game arcade - I don't know what it costs, but your kids need to know that every time they swipe their seapass card, they get charged. Same goes for the internet usage.

Spend some time exploring the ship to find all these activities - some of them are tucked away.

Any help please

thanks, MIMI

We're taking Transbridge from Bethlehem-LVIP to Cape Liberty for our EOS cruise on Nov. 10. Senior rate is $27.60 r/t. www.transbridgelines.com/pier.htm. Phone#610-868-6001 ext.93. It sounds like the easiest way to go. We're about an hrs. drive to the bus terminal. Hope this helps.