Latisse

Well, I took the plunge today and ordered some Latisse. I had been to my eye Dr. recently and brought up the Latisse and was kind of waiting for his response. He said he could recomend that it works and hasn't had any eye patients who had adverse side effects.

So, in 7-10 days I will get to start on the Latisse and by our cruise in jan. I should have lucious full eye lashes again, yay!

Yay!!! :D You'll be so happy. It took about 12 weeks for me to really see the full effect, but it's worth the wait. I do mine in the morning, because I forget things at night. I apply it, then start with make-up on the rest of my face. By the time I get to my eye make-up, the latisse is dry.

I've been using it for over a year and it is fabulous! I forget to use it sometimes, but for the most part, I still use it daily. If you skip for too long, you'll lose the effect. I am pretty sure that I was told you could use it every other day, I just don't want to take a chance!

Each vial costs me ~ $90 (Target), but the vial lasts much longer than a month. I put 1 drop into the lid of the vial and use that to dip the wand into. Don't force the drip out or it will be too much. Just 1 little drop is enough. Be sure to re-apply the lid tightly, you don't want it to evaporate!:eek:

What color are your eyes? I'm quite interested in this, but the "warnings" about Lattise turning blue pigments to brown concerns me! Cruise Kitty says no change for her....anyone else? I have a touch of brown in my blue to begin with...not sure I'd want anymore!

Let us know how this is working for you! I'd love thicker lashes!

What color are your eyes? I'm quite interested in this, but the "warnings" about Lattise turning blue pigments to brown concerns me! Cruise Kitty says no change for her....anyone else? I have a touch of brown in my blue to begin with...not sure I'd want anymore!

Let us know how this is working for you! I'd love thicker lashes!

Mine are a blue-hazel. No change at all.

I can't believe you bought it at Target. I had to order it from the Dr. it was $100 and he did say if I use it carefully it will last longer than a month.

I am so excited to try it. On one cruise I tried fake lashes and I had a hard time getting them on so this will be so much better.

My eyes are green/hazel.

Thanks for the input, Kris

I have been using it for over a year and love the results too. I buy it from alldaychemistdotcom for $10 per bottle!!! It is sold by it's generic name careprost. I buy several bottles at once because the shipping charge is $25.

cb, I've never tried Rogaine, but yes, you do have to keep it up. Don't use it ~you lose it!;)

Cozette, I got my perscription from the place I go to get laser treatment for broken vessels on my face (rosacea). The perscription is good for about 3 refills, so each perscription lasts me about 8 months. Then I go back and get another perscription. It's signed by the plastic surgeon from the "aesthetics center". I just take the prescription to Target like any other. I can also pay with my pre-tax dollar medical benefits card.

Juneagain, Is the .com place that you order from in Canada or UK? I was told that there is a patent on the formula and generics weren't available yet. :confused:

I buy it from alldaychemistdotcom for $10 per bottle!!! It is sold by it's generic name careprost. I buy several bottles at once because the shipping charge is $25.

Juneagain, Is the .com place that you order from in Canada or UK? I was told that there is a patent on the formula and generics weren't available yet. :confused:

You are right; there is no generic for Latisse. Careprost is the generic for the drug Lumigan, which are eyedrops to treat glaucoma. It contains the ingredient Bimatoprost, which is what will cause temporary lash growth (stop using it and your lashes will return to normal). Using Careprost as you would Latisse is simply an off label use.

I use eye drops to treat glaucoma, and they have indeed changed the color of my eyes. If you follow the instructions for Latisse, you are less likely to experience this side effect, as the medication is not going directly (hopefully) into your eye. I don't know how you can avoid the side effect of discoloration where the medicine touches your skin though. It will make it darker. That's why the application instructions state to never use this medication on your lower lids; the darker pigmentation that you will develop over time is much more noticable there, then on the upper lid.

I have been using this type of eye drop for years and do have thicker lashes as a result. I can't honestly say I would pay any money to get the same results for a "vanity" prescription. I just don't see a huge difference.

I have used Latisse on both my top and bottom lash lines for about a year, and there isn't darkening of the skin anywhere. I have brown eyes, so I can't really comment about changing eye color. My dermatologist keeps the bottles in stock, so I don't have to order it, just ask at the front desk when I need a refill.

Kitty, once you got the results you were looking for do you still use it every day or can you get away with using it less often?

At about 3 months, there was a huge difference, around 4 months, even more!

After about 5 months I started using it every other day.

Also, how many weeks did you get out of one supply?

those first 5 months, each vial lasted about 6 weeks, now it lasts just under 3 months

Kris

I should also add that the only change or side effect I've had is that my upper lash line is slightly darker than before, it looks like very faint, taupe liner.

You are right; there is no generic for Latisse. Careprost is the generic for the drug Lumigan, which are eyedrops to treat glaucoma. It contains the ingredient Bimatoprost, which is what will cause temporary lash growth (stop using it and your lashes will return to normal). Using Careprost as you would Latisse is simply an off label use.

I use eye drops to treat glaucoma, and they have indeed changed the color of my eyes. If you follow the instructions for Latisse, you are less likely to experience this side effect, as the medication is not going directly (hopefully) into your eye. I don't know how you can avoid the side effect of discoloration where the medicine touches your skin though. It will make it darker. That's why the application instructions state to never use this medication on your lower lids; the darker pigmentation that you will develop over time is much more noticable there, then on the upper lid.

I have been using this type of eye drop for years and do have thicker lashes as a result. I can't honestly say I would pay any money to get the same results for a "vanity" prescription. I just don't see a huge difference.

So can I order the Careprost? Do I need a script? Is it the same as Lilash or some of the other over the counter products? I did not have the same success with them that I have had with Latisse. I certainly don't care about the "vanity" of the name Latisse! Is that what you are referring to? Or are you saying that it would be nice to use it for the "vanity" of having long eyelashes and skip the glaucoma part? If it's the latter, I can certainly understand you feeling that way. :)

I do have the darker pigment on my upper lids that is a side effect and I was specifically told not to use on my lower lids. The upper lid is no big deal, since I wear shadow or liner anyway, but I definitely wouldn't want the discoloration below my eyes. It may be that the application on my upper lid has impacted the lower lashes by transferring during blinking, but my lower lashes seem fuller too. Now, if I could just get it to work on my almost non-existent eyebrows! :rolleyes:

I'm on lumigan for my Glaucoma and my lashes are nice and thick, has'nt changed my eyes any but I have noticed hair growing on the tops of my cheek bones, lol, kinda like little eye lashes

Now, if I could just get it to work on my almost non-existent eyebrows! :rolleyes:

Hi, I do use it on my eyebrows also, after I swipe my upper lashes, I put whatever is left on my brow, there has been a real improvement there for me, as I have very thin brows, & they've gotten thinner with age, I'm happy with the results!

Before I purchased from alldaychemistdotcom, I watched videos of Latisse users on youtube and read every single review that I could find online. Makeupalleydotcom was especially helpful. This was how I came to purchase from alldaychemistdotcom. I was told that the ingredients in latisse and in the careprost were the same. What I know for sure is that my lashes look great, my irises have remained golden hazel color, I have a slight line of light plum on my upper lids, and I have saved myself a lot of money by purchasing the careprost. I did not need a prescription and I was aware of and willing to accept any risks associated with the purchase and use. Please do your homework and pick the product with which you are the most comfortable. Good luck. It is great to find and share these products.

Hi, I do use it on my eyebrows also, after I swipe my upper lashes, I put whatever is left on my brow, there has been a real improvement there for me, as I have very thin brows, & they've gotten thinner with age, I'm happy with the results!

Thanks for the tip! I was afraid that they would make long eyebrows that would flop down and obstruct my vision!;)

I'm on lumigan for my Glaucoma and my lashes are nice and thick, has'nt changed my eyes any but I have noticed hair growing on the tops of my cheek bones, lol, kinda like little eye lashes

Do you think this is from the Lumigan dripping down after you put the drops in your eyes?

I was thinking the same thing -- I know that when I try to put eyedrops in, not all of the liquid gets in my eye. With Latisse/generic, you should probably wash your face instead of just wiping off any drips. For those of you who use the generic, does it come with the brushes, or do you buy them somewhere else?

My careprost came with one brush per bottle, not the disposable brushes which you get with latisse. I am very careful with mine and store it standing upright in a glass inside of my medicine cabinet.

I too use the Careprost from alldaychemist with excellent results. Several of my friends had purchased and used it before me so I felt it was safe. It comes with a single brush which I dip in 91% alcohol after each use and stand upright in a glass to dry just like you!

I have used it for about 6 months so far. It took about 8 weeks to see full results and now I just use it every other day (sometimes less).

I order 4 bottles at a time ($10.00 each) since the shipping is so high. But even with the shipping cost, I get 4 bottles for the price of what one would cost from my doctor.

Oh, and I have brown eyes so I can't speak on the eye change side effect. I do notice a slight darkening of my lash line but it just looks like eyeliner to me (which i wear often anyway).

I too use the Careprost from alldaychemist with excellent results. Several of my friends had purchased and used it before me so I felt it was safe. It comes with a single brush which I dip in 91% alcohol after each use and stand upright in a glass to dry just like you!

I have used it for about 6 months so far. It took about 8 weeks to see full results and now I just use it every other day (sometimes less).

I order 4 bottles at a time ($10.00 each) since the shipping is so high. But even with the shipping cost, I get 4 bottles for the price of what one would cost from my doctor.

Oh, and I have brown eyes so I can't speak on the eye change side effect. I do notice a slight darkening of my lash line but it just looks like eyeliner to me (which i wear often anyway).

So, I see that I can order all kinds of Rx from this company and it is located in Cyprus. How do you know when you submit your credit card that measures are taken to prevent identity theft. Are the products shipped from Cyprus and how do you know that they are chemically equivalent? I know I sound very skeptical, but it worries me a little. I'd just like to get some feedback as to your level of confidence with the company and their security methods.

Do you think this is from the Lumigan dripping down after you put the drops in your eyes?

I thought that at first but Its such a tiny drop that goes into each eye I dont know how, plus I dont feel anything dripping. On a health board I'm on its happened to a few others as well,

Archived