Westerdam J 1062

Eventide331

Does anyone have any photos of this room by chance? We are booked for August 13 and husband and I are taking 21 year old son. Would like to see how it all works so I can get my head around sharing an interior. Budget prohibited a larger room this go around and we have never done 3 to a room before so very curious. I have said it will be like camping with gourmet food!

Does anyone have any photos of this room by chance? We are booked for August 13 and husband and I are taking 21 year old son. Would like to see how it all works so I can get my head around sharing an interior. Budget prohibited a larger room this go around and we have never done 3 to a room before so very curious. I have said it will be like camping with gourmet food!

I think you will be very happy with this room. My teenage boys and daughter shared J1068 on the Eurodam and loved it. I will describe what I remember from the room they had and I am quite sure yours will be very similar. The room is square instead of rectangular and narrow so it feels more spacious. There is a corner sectional couch and desk with a chair and coffee table in front of the sectional. Also, there are 3 closets. The bathroom has a shower only but this means the vanity/sink area is twice the size of the ones in the veranda rooms. The bed is on the other side of the bathroom wall and has a bunk bed over it. However I would think you would prefer to use the couch for your son rather than the bunk bed. Less painful when you sit up in the morning.:) I think you will really enjoy the room. Compared to the other interior rooms and even the veranda rooms the square shape means you have more floor space in front of the bed and to move around in. Plus it is very convenient for picking up movies at the front desk. Just down the hall! Joanie has a comprehensive database of photos and room descriptions. Her sticky is found at the top of the page.

Diane

Edited by schoolinmy3

Wow... your description is great! I am going to try and remember to take a photo of our room as soon as we arrive (before we destroy it) so that i can post the "real" picture for others on this board. It is so nice to SEE the exact room you are getting or one just like it:)

Thanks again!

Photos of J 1037 on the Oosterdam which will be almost exactly the same as the Westerdam's J 1062 just further forward. You can click on each photo to see it full sized.

J 1037 Large Interior Stateroom Deck 1 Main Deck

[

sm-RevNeal_J-1037-1.jpg--sm-RevNeal_J-1037-2.jpg

[

sm-RevNeal_J-1037-3.jpg--sm-RevNeal_J-1037-4.jpg

[

sm-RevNeal_J-1037-5.jpg--sm-RevNeal_J-1037-6.jpg

[

My cabin aboard was 1037, a J-category inside amidships. Wow, it was lovely.... and LARGE. The bed was WONDERFUL. This cabin has plenty of room for 2 or 3 ... for a single person it was HUGE. The private bath was, pretty much, standard HAL.

[

Cruise Critic Member: RevNeal

[

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie

Thank you for the great pictures! I feel like I have been in the room now:) Exactly what I was hoping for and appreciate your taking time to post those pictures. I do think we will be just fine in this room. It seems larger and better layout that the other interiors rooms that I have occupied. Thanks again!

• 4 years later...
Please, any other comments about this cabin? I could not access the pictures.

I'm concerned about the music above from the Queen's lounge.

My first Holland cruise. Thanks

We our family of four and LOVE the main deck J cabins!

Unless they are under the Queen's Lounge.

To be fair, the last time we were in a Main Deck J under the Queen's Lounge was on the Noordam and just when BB King first came aboard (Early 2014, perhaps?). We also travel with little ones and are in bed by 10pm. If you happen to LOVE BB King, a cabin directly under the Queen's Lounge will guarantee you a front row seat for all three sets every night of your cruise!

Seriously it wasn't that the "noise" was ridiculous, we could hear every single note of every song. It was truly music and not noise in our cabin. I have to hope that after so many complaints they structurally upgraded the area in dry dock to provide some degree of soundproofing. Maybe others that have sailed in one more recently can share their experience.

We our family of four and LOVE the main deck J cabins!

Unless they are under the Queen's Lounge.

To be fair, the last time we were in a Main Deck J under the Queen's Lounge was on the Noordam and just when BB King first came aboard (Early 2014, perhaps?). We also travel with little ones and are in bed by 10pm. If you happen to LOVE BB King, a cabin directly under the Queen's Lounge will guarantee you a front row seat for all three sets every night of your cruise!

Seriously it wasn't that the "noise" was ridiculous, we could hear every single note of every song. It was truly music and not noise in our cabin. I have to hope that after so many complaints they structurally upgraded the area in dry dock to provide some degree of soundproofing. Maybe others that have sailed in one more recently can share their experience.

Thank you....I think?? I like music, but....seriously, right over head may be an issue. Do they play EVERY NIGHT????

Please...who has had this cabin lately? Help!

I amgettingconcerned. Alice

Please...who has had this cabin lately? Help!

I amgettingconcerned. Alice

Friends were in 1058 on the Nieuw Amsterdam. I haven't compared the deck plans, but expect they were in the same vicinity. They called their cabin "ground zero" for the sound coming from the BB King show, and were not happy about their location.

The Future Cruise Consultant was given a cabin along there, and did not like it, either. She was going to recommend that staff who work late into the night, such as the BB King musicians, be given the cabins right below the Queens Lounge.

I suggest you switch to a cabin on starboard, if possible. That should solve your problem. I've stayed in many starboard cabins along there on all the Vista and Signature ships. Never heard a thing from the deck above.

Friends were in 1058 on the Nieuw Amsterdam. I haven't compared the deck plans, but expect they were in the same vicinity. They called their cabin "ground zero" for the sound coming from the BB King show, and were not happy about their location.

The Future Cruise Consultant was given a cabin along there, and did not like it, either. She was going to recommend that staff who work late into the night, such as the BB King musicians, be given the cabins right below the Queens Lounge.

I suggest you switch to a cabin on starboard, if possible. That should solve your problem. I've stayed in many starboard cabins along there on all the Vista and Signature ships. Never heard a thing from the deck above.

Oh no....the inside cabins are sold out. Never been on Holland....may never be again. Will be a very long month!

RuthC, I also have met guest entertainers and Future Cruise Consultants who were give those cabins. Clearly, HAL is aware of the problem. Before BB King, the Queens's Lounge was not intended to be a concert venue. Hopefully now that it is, they have take steps to insulate/soundproof it better.

Alice, are you booked for a thirty day voyage?!? I would have your TA/PCC contact HAL and express your concerns ASAP. I've met other passengers onboard that ended up switching cabins because they unknowingly booked the backstage pass to BB King. Hopefully HAL will be able to get you in an acceptable cabin ahead of time and avoid trying to make it up to you later.

If not, I wouldn't bother unpacking if I were under the Queen's Lounge.

RuthC, I also have met guest entertainers and Future Cruise Consultants who were give those cabins. Clearly, HAL is aware of the problem. Before BB King, the Queens's Lounge was not intended to be a concert venue. Hopefully now that it is, they have take steps to insulate/soundproof it better.

Alice, are you booked for a thirty day voyage?!? I would have your TA/PCC contact HAL and express your concerns ASAP. I've met other passengers onboard that ended up switching cabins because they unknowingly booked the backstage pass to BB King. Hopefully HAL will be able to get you in an acceptable cabin ahead of time and avoid trying to make it up to you later.

If not, I wouldn't bother unpacking if I were under the Queen's Lounge.

Got turned down flat for a move or upsell. I called and so did my TA, it's a no go. They know that I want to move and are offering upsell offers to others, but turned me down? Maybe something will work out, or I'll be up late every night. It is what it is, I should have done better home work before booking. Maybe my first Holland cruise will be my last? I know the ships very well on other lines. the advice that I read was that one couldn't go wrong with the J class inside cabins for a solo. We'll see. Alice

If it were me I'd contact either of the following and express what your concerns are. I'll bet you get a better cabin.

Orlando Ashford’s Office.

officeofthepresident@hollandamerica.com

Guest Relations

GuestRelations@HollandAmerica.com

I'd start with the President's Office but YMMV.

Thank you, Windsailor, I'm new to Holland and doubt that it'll make a difference, but I took your advice. We'll see what happens.

Thanks. Alice

I am having problems with this thread. I have been told twice I am being attacked by a virus when I click on #4 to view the cabin, so far as I am typing this response nothing has happened. So I hope it has stopped.