Norway Sojourn cruise review

just typed up my detailed review and posted under Member review section,,,i n a few words,,,loved it,,,first time on Searbourn,,but not last....should be posted soon,,if you have any questions,,feel free to ask after reading....:D

The review doesn't show yet. I am looking forward to reading it though, especially in view oof the poor review of a Sojourn cruise from Civitavecchia in April.

Can't wait to read your review. We are going to the Fjords on June 29th. I do have a question. Did you do the Flam Railway trip? If so, did you do it on your own or use Seabourn's?

Thank you.

yes,,did Flam rail with ship tour,,and highly recommend it,,the bus tour before was spectacular,,,really better than on rail car for views,,,worth the extra money..can do Flam rail on own,,,but only takes 30 mins or less each way,,,near ship,,but wait till ship tour leaves so not cramped....the rail past Myrdal,,to Vos,,was not as great since rail cars have smaller windows....another to take for sure is in Olden,,,the Geiranger bus tour,,called Roof of Norway,,just wonderful.....need to take one there since port is so small and not much to see....each provide hotel coffee break in am,,,and buffet lunch in pm,,,those just average,,due to amount of people on tour,,but we ate fast and wandered area instead....

Also,,a hint re..Copenhagen,,,drop off luggage in am,,,and take taxi to canal tour,,,would be a long,confusing walk to find it,,,,we got back to ship and room ready by 2....no need to wait in salon,,,won t let you wander ship ......used HOHO bus in most of the other ports,,,easy to do on own....:D Oh, do bring warm clothes,,,need layers,,,mittens and hat too...and rain gear....no bad weather,,just wrong clothes,,,they say...had lots of snow in high areas,,maybe not as bad later in season......

and WORE it 2 times,,,but,,hey,,I m from Florida,,anything under 50 is freezing to me....many ended up buying hats and gloves from street kiosks in Alesund,,,,was 45 and rainy that day,,,in Geiranger it was warmer at low elevation and freezing cold and windy at top,,they dropped us off for photos and I was glad I was properly dressed,,,but then Copenhagen seemed hot,,,at 70.....that s why layers work,,can take off as needed...you ll have a great time,,I d go again in a heartbeat....:D

Brrr!Hope it warms up a bit before our Aug 7 Norwegian Fjords trip -- like you here in Arizona we say that if it does not get to 60 degrees it is a winter day!Actually, if I had to chose I would take cool weather in Norway over rainy weather.

but to answer,,a few men had tuxs,,,most suits,,but my DH wore sport coat and no tie,,and felt fine,,,,women had dressy pants and nice tops,,so no formal gowns,,,so very flexible....

For brief review...was my favorite cruise so far,,,loved Seaborn,,and Sojourn,,,great cabins,fantastic food and service,,,great and varied entertainment,,but didnt start till 945....loved table for 2 at any time,,,Rest.2 was not a hit with us,,too fancy and rich,,but others liked it.Had room service for breakfast every am,,what a treat....and very prompt...

took 2 ship excursions,,as mentioned above,,the Flam rail and bus,,,loved the Olden one,,bus to Geiranger,,only drawback was crowded lunch at hotels,,but can eat fast and wander town,,have over 1 hr....or more...

Weather is varied,,as mentioned bring more than you need,,and layer,,,many were not prepared for cold or rain....

Do take taxi to canal tour,,after dropping off luggage,,long and complicated to it,,would have gotten lost,,and no need to get to ship before 2...

Was concerned about flight that day we docked...could get off at 830,,but if needed could take own bags off and leave at 730...so could have made it...but glad we stayed 1 extra day to see Copenhagen better...took HOHO and trolley in all ports when not on 2 tours,,very easy and could see more than walking,,only$30.00 all day,,a bargain..most were parked close to ship....

Hope that helps......:)

was nearby at port terminal bldg..5 min.walk away,,no shuttle from ship,,,or could walk 3 or so blocks to town...but wanted to see Vigelands Park and Folk Museum,,both great....and bus stopped at both..very convenient....a long day there till 11pm ,,,so much to see...wanted to stop at viking ship museum,,but got tired...lots of walking in both places above....a large city like Copenhagen,but interesting ...:)

Alexandra -

Were there plenty of indoor places on the Sojourn (besides the observation lounge) to sit and watch the scenery go by during chilly or damp weather? Did they open the drapes in the dining room? In photos, everything seems to be closed up. This is my one concern about booking Norway on this ship. Thanks. I'm looking forward to reading your review.

you could open drapes,,or keep closed ,,if sun bothers you,,,remember,,,light almost all the time...you could also go to protected areas outside,,like back of ship,,at club bar...or observation bar inside,,many options,,,we bundled up and sat on balcony,,out of wind...hard to sleep with all the great scenery,,didnt want to miss anything...got up at 6am to see sail into fjord at Flam,,and worth it..no excuse,,GO!!!!! They re supposed to email when review posted...will let you know,,,its been 5 days????:confused:

It isn't quite as sraightforward in the dining room. We like to sit by the window if possible with the curtains (drapes) wide open. However there was always someone who complained that the sun, low in the evening, was blinding them and asked, nay demanded that the curtains be drawn together. The waiters wre put in an impossible position. However, we always acceded, we didn't want anyone's evening meal spoilt.

it did not go to Geiranger fjord,,,and that was the highlite of tour,,plus ferry ride down it,,,just spectacular,,so it would be only 4 hrs.compared to 8,,,but we had a stop in mountains for coffee and photos op....then Geiranger hotel for lunch..plus photo stops for gorgeous views...etc...really the best of trip,,IMO,,of course...so short one is "very nice" as compared to GREAT>....but do pick SOME excursion,,town very small...;)

Hi Alexandra,

I was very glad to read that your husband only wore a sport jacket and no tie. I just want to make sure I have this right...is it ok to wear that even on the "formal optional" night? I am fine with dressing up but my husband would prefer not to bring a suit. Can't wait to read your review!!

Thanks again.

Shay

wore long sleeved sweater on "casual" nite,,,,review should be posted by tomorrow,,,at last,,,very slow...but as said above,,hosts on cruise,,and must post when home...but all pretty much said,,,fantastic...PS..even saw "fancy" jeans on women,,when said in brochure,,,"no jeans after 6" ...no one cares if looking appropriate ,not into details....;)

Archived