Radiance hump D cabins - do they have the corner shelves?

I have read people say that the D hump cabins on Radiance on deck 9 are the same inside - the balcony isn't relevant to to me.

I just saw pictures of inside of what is called 9578 by the person who posted them. There are NO shelves in the corner of the desk unit just past the TV as there are in the other D cabins that are off the hump.

I have 9578 booked and 9576, too. I would definitely prefer another location if these shelves are not part of the room. That storage space is a major part of why we will never book an E again. Without it, a D on the hump is just a stretched E.

Does anyone have pictures that show that part of the D category rooms on the hump? I haven't seen a picture with the shelves - just the one without.

Gina

These are the shelves I'm interested in and ONLY these shelves. ONLY D category please.

http://www.********************/view_room.php?r_id=60608

Why is a picture site blocked? :confused: It's at cruiselinerooms dot com - Jewel of the Seas 9092 and it DOES have the shelves clearly showing.

Gina

You can't really use Jewel as a comparison since Jewel was the last ship built in the class and cabins on Jewel may have a different shelving arrangement because they learned by their mistakes with Radiance and Brilliance.

Same with shower curtains versus shower doors.:D

You can't really use Jewel as a comparison since Jewel was the last ship built in the class and cabins on Jewel may have a different shelving arrangement because they learned by their mistakes with Radiance and Brilliance.

Same with shower curtains versus shower doors.:D

This is what I was thinking, but also since the rooms are set on the hall differently, I was thinking even RD might have the shelves on the port hump rooms even though it appears they don't of the starboard aft rooms.

Here is the midhump on RD that I found. NO shelves at the end by the TV as the normal D cabins have. Unless this is a mislabeled room - not likely though since I know the regular non-hump Ds have the shelves.

Maybe they will ADD them as they reform the rooms. :p

Gina

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=28807383&postcount=56

I don't know about 9576, but we've had 9076 on the Radiance (same location, port side) and we DID have those end shelves. Now I'm wondering about 9576 because we have this booked next year on the Brilliance.

I don't know about 9576, but we've had 9076 on the Radiance (same location, port side) and we DID have those end shelves. Now I'm wondering about 9576 because we have this booked next year on the Brilliance.

I'm finding pictures that aren't looking good. I think 9586 is the only starboard side hump that is "normal". Port side has hump rooms that are lined up straight going down the hall beside the other rooms. Starboard has them configured in a curve around the hump.

I think we are OK with the room we switched to 9078. But I'm quite concerned about my Australia room selection. A month in a D1 with no shelves isn't what we bargained for. :(

Gina

So,

If 9584 looks like this.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=28807383&postcount=56

Why does 9586 look like this? See the difference?

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2348706780080150150xnPaAW?vhost=travel

These rooms are side by side middle of the hump. :confused:

Gina

This is my guess, but when cabins are side by side, they are not identical, the beds are on opposite sides and so are the cabinets/closets and bathrooms.

Example: Now this is on Radiance..........JS cabin 1548 has the bed on the left as you walk in.......as does 1544. These are our 2 cabins of choice. 1546 has the bed on the right side as you walk in as does 1542. So closets,shelves and bathroom are reversed.

The layout may be identical but because the bathroom of 1548 is connected to the bathroom of 1546 the layout of the room will be opposite. This goes for the bathroom in 1544 connecting with 1542..........and so on down the hall!:D

I am assuming that this would be the same scenario with other cabins on other floors.

This is my guess, but when cabins are side by side, they are not identical, the beds are on opposite sides and so are the cabinets/closets and bathrooms.

Example: Now this is on Radiance..........JS cabin 1548 has the bed on the left as you walk in.......as does 1544. These are our 2 cabins of choice. 1546 has the bed on the right side as you walk in as does 1542. So closets,shelves and bathroom are reversed.

The layout may be identical but because the bathroom of 1548 is connected to the bathroom of 1546 the layout of the room will be opposite. This goes for the bathroom in 1544 connecting with 1542..........and so on down the hall!:D

Yes, so that is why I figured 9584 and 9586 would be identical as mirror images. They are the exact mid hump with the heads of the beds connecting in the middle. So, looking in from the outside why does 9584 have no shelves on the right while 9586 does have shelves on the left? The mirror image should be the same since it's the hump split down the middle. I wish Aquahound/Paul were around to clear this up since he posted the great picture of 9586. He even recommended 9584 over "his" room. I wonder why. Maybe he's never been in it to see what I consider to be a major difference.

Gina

We were just in 9576 in April. Theres shelves on both sides of the desk next to the mirror. And there's shelves on the end of the desk next to the TV both top and bottom.

I'll look to see if I have pictures but I was so distracted by the size of the balcony that I don't think I took any pictures of the room. lol

These are the shelves I'm interested in and ONLY these shelves. ONLY D category please.

http://www.********************/view_room.php?r_id=60608

Why is a picture site blocked? :confused: It's at cruiselinerooms dot com - Jewel of the Seas 9092 and it DOES have the shelves clearly showing.

Gina

Yes 9576 did have those shelves.

We were just in 9576 in April. Theres shelves on both sides of the desk next to the mirror. And there's shelves on the end of the desk next to the TV both top and bottom.

I'll look to see if I have pictures but I was so distracted by the size of the balcony that I don't think I took any pictures of the room. lol

I wish you had pictures. The next room 9578 and 9584 appear to be without the shelves. When the rooms aren't designed quite the same, it makes it so difficult to book a room based on what is important. I prefer the shelves to balcony size but having both would be nice. :)

It's the open corner shelves I'm concerned with. I do know they all have the shelves in the cabinet above the TV and on each side of the mirror.

Thanks for your help.

Gina

I wish you had pictures. The next room 9578 and 9584 appear to be without the shelves. When the rooms aren't designed quite the same, it makes it so difficult to book a room based on what is important. I prefer the shelves to balcony size but having both would be nice. :)

It's the open corner shelves I'm concerned with. I do know they all have the shelves in the cabinet above the TV and on each side of the mirror.

Thanks for your help.

Gina

I looked at that picture of the Jewel 9092 on that website you posted above(garsh darnit) and it did have those shelves.

I only have pictures of the balcony I checked my camera. lol I still can't get over the size of the balcony.

We were in 9578 of the Radiance in March and I do not recall the shelves next to the TV. It had the shelves next to the mirror as stated. I have photos of the room at home (should be working now) and will try and post them for you....

let me get back to you tonight with some photos.

Karen

We were in 9578 of the Radiance in March and I do not recall the shelves next to the TV. It had the shelves next to the mirror as stated. I have photos of the room at home (should be working now) and will try and post them for you....

let me get back to you tonight with some photos.

Karen

Thank you so much Karen. I'll really appreciate seeing your room. It really seems these hump cabins aren't all created equally. For some cruisers, it may not matter.

Gina

Gina -

Being a newbie to CC, I am struggling with how to get the picture to upload...getting an error message that a security token is missing....if you know what that means and can walk me through it, I would be happy to try again.....

but, there are no shelves on the edge of the TV....there is actually a column or boxout that is as deep as the upper cabinet.

We loved the location and the view from the hump was great!

Good luck!

Karen

Gina -

Being a newbie to CC, I am struggling with how to get the picture to upload...getting an error message that a security token is missing....if you know what that means and can walk me through it, I would be happy to try again.....

but, there are no shelves on the edge of the TV....there is actually a column or boxout that is as deep as the upper cabinet.

We loved the location and the view from the hump was great!

Good luck!

Karen

Karen, Thank you for trying. I don't know why you would have an error message like that. But your description sounds like another picture I've seen. That upper cabinet is flush with the wall to the left of it, as if inset into the wall, or the wall is built up to it.

Someone who was in the first hump 9576 was able to show me a picture and his room did have the shelving unit. So, I'm keeping 9576 for this Sept. and I've switched to 9078 for next Sept.

I just have to figure out what to do with my middle hump B2B that I think is also missing the shelves.

Thank you. You've been a big help. :)

Gina

I have read people say that the D hump cabins on Radiance on deck 9 are the same inside - the balcony isn't relevant to to me.

I just saw pictures of inside of what is called 9578 by the person who posted them. There are NO shelves in the corner of the desk unit just past the TV as there are in the other D cabins that are off the hump.

I have 9578 booked and 9576, too. I would definitely prefer another location if these shelves are not part of the room. That storage space is a major part of why we will never book an E again. Without it, a D on the hump is just a stretched E.

Does anyone have pictures that show that part of the D category rooms on the hump? I haven't seen a picture with the shelves - just the one without.

Gina

I think that's funny that you have shelf issues. :D:D:D We all have our quirks about cabins...but that one is very unique, Gina. :D

I thought the D recategorization on Radiance was kind of confusing. We booked a D1 as well, and now that the D2's have increased so much we can't downgrade either. :rolleyes::)

We were in a JS...there were shelves behind the mirrors in the corner of the vanity....don't know if that holds true for a D category.

Tons of shelves in the RS too;)

I think that's funny that you have shelf issues. :D:D:D We all have our quirks about cabins...but that one is very unique, Gina. :D

I thought the D recategorization on Radiance was kind of confusing. We booked a D1 as well, and now that the D2's have increased so much we can't downgrade either. :rolleyes::)

Oh gosh...to top it off, I found out there are some shelves at the beginning of the desk/dresser area, but now I'd like to know how large they are. I hope I can direct Paul (aquahound) this way and see what he knows since he was next door.

Gina

Archived