Sea Princess, major delayed 6/09

aaerobear

Big news!!!! The boarding of the Sea princess has been major delayed because of Noro. Check-in will NOT begin until 5:30pm and if you get to the terminal before then you will be turned away.

If you are on this sailing, please check your cruise personaliser for the time you will be allowed to check-in.

Big news!!!! The boarding of the Sea princess has been major delayed because of Noro. Check-in will NOT begin until 5:30pm and if you get to the terminal before then you will be turned away.

If you are on this sailing, please check your cruise personaliser for the time you will be allowed to check-in.

This is correct information. Details are also available on the Roll Call for this June 9 cruise. The ship is scheduled to be scrubbed/sanitized, etc. prior to boarding.

To those of you unfamiliar with the San Francisco port area, the embarkation drop off/lobby/ waiting room areas for this pier are extremely limited. You WILL be turned away if you arrive and expect to board earlier than your assigned time. The ship will sail shortly thereafter. That being said.....

Relax and Bon Voyage ! :(

If one can, at least, get rid of their luggage, they can play tourista :D in the Fisherman's Wharf area or Pier 39, or all sorts of places to see/things to do while they wait to board their ship. It looks like it's "make lemonade" time!!

There are some changes to the itinerary too. Anyone effected may want to check the News Released on Princess's website. Boarding for some decks isn't happening until 7:00 pm.

Interesting! I almost booked the May 30th cruise at the last moment but screwed up my back and it is good that I didn't as when I was planning on leaving for the cruise (over Memorial weekend) I would not have been able to carry a suitcase. While I have been on several ships with large numbers of norovirus and have never gotten sick, I was planning on taking my mom and she seems to catch everything.... So I am thankful I was not on the current sailing.

I looked at June 9th and didn't book it because I didn't want Haines (preferred Skagway as my mom hadn't been there) but if I had known it was going to Sitka - I would have been tempted......

I have no doubt that Princess will get everyone off the ship and clean the heck out of it and hopefully the next voyage doesn't have any problems.....

Archived