Things to do in HMC

tayzia00

Me, my mother (1st time cruiser), and my 2 sisters (both 1st time cruisers) will be on Carnival Destiny sailing to HMC on August 11, 2011. Unfortunately I missed out on getting a cabana for my family. They really are not interested in any of the other excursions available. Is there anything else that we can do while we are on the island? Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

Thanks CruiseBruce!! yeah that is probably what we will end up doing. Really wish we would have gotten a cabana though. I am on Carnival.com everyday faithfully trying to see if someone were to cancel so I can book a cabana. But the fact that we are going is more than enough for us:)

A cabana is not an "excursion"...it's simply a place "to be" while on the beach. You certainly don't need one to have a great beach day! Plenty of sun OR shade, depending on what everyone likes. Loungers are all over the place and cost nothing. Move them to where you want, if they aren't in a spot to suit you!

Thanks CruiseBruce!! yeah that is probably what we will end up doing. Really wish we would have gotten a cabana though. I am on Carnival.com everyday faithfully trying to see if someone were to cancel so I can book a cabana. But the fact that we are going is more than enough for us:)

Keep checking. Anyone can cancel up to 7 days before the cruise for a full refund. Also if you do not get to reserve one before you get on the ship go to the excursion desk once on the ship...you never know they might have one.

You might enjoy a break from the beach by taking the glass bottom boat, or the lagoon tour, just to get out of the sun for a while. We too are headed to HMC this fall and are really looking forward to it. I think DH is doing the Aqua Trax-ski do adventure. He's always wanted to try that. I am looking forward to just being on a beach, listening to the band, and pretending to snorkel...LOL. Every once in a while, I'll roll over.

Thanks everyone for the replies!!! I have been back and forth on Carnival.com trying to see if someone has cancelled a cabana yet lol. Yeah we may just kick it on the beach since we already have a cabana for Grand Turk. With the beach and island barbeque I think we will be fine;)

• 1 month later...

Archived