If you could change anything about Carnival?

DZNYROX

Return to focusing on the original core demographic of the 70's and early 80's.

Adults-only cruises.

I don't think I would like to be on board with a bunch of 70 and 80 year olds!!!

;)

Edited by JPH814

We love entertainment and used to love Carnival's. But we find the Production Shows are lacking compared to other lines, usually just 1 male and 1 female singer. Old shows that are tired, dancers that are a little heavy at times with less than appropriate costumes.

Pool Band is now mostly alot of electronics and 2 people, gone are the days of the 5-6 person bands we find elsewhere. Comedians, jugglers, and other guest entertainers are usually fine.

If you want to see night and day take a cruise on Oasis, Allure, or Epic and you will see what you have been missing on Carnival.

If you want to see night and day take a cruise on Oasis, Allure, or Epic and you will see what you have been missing on Carnival.

I see you will be getting on the Epic the day we are getting off. Had a great time earlier this year, and REALLY looking forward to our return. It's one of those ships that you realize it's almost impossible to do everything you want to do - in the time span of 1 week!! (Not the case with Carnival)

Tom

Right now, the new smoking ban it stinks.

The Times They Are a-Changin' !

It may take many more years, but eventually their new policy will look liberal (to smokers).

Tom

Edited by Tom-n-Cheryl

If I could change anything, I'd change where I am right now...to sitting on a Carnival ship! We've been cruising with Carnival since 1993 and we still love Carnival! Sure there are some things onboard that we avoid. Instead the gravitate to what we like about Carnival. A couple of notable additions we liked on our 11/10 5-day cruise on the Fascination was:

1. They added a Comedy Club every night. This was great because one night the seas were too rough for the dancers to perform in the main theater, so we went to the back theater and enjoyed a comedy act. There were 3 comedians that had varying acts throughout the cruise.

2. Carnival brought back lobster to the 5-day cruise. They had stopped that a few years ago, but brought it back.

We've been able to take multiple cruises with our kids over the years - mostly with Carnival - because it is a super value! I live 2 hours from the Outer Banks and it costs more to rent a house 2 rows away from the beach for a week than for the 4 of us to cruise Carnival. The beach is just a house - the cruise includes food, entertainment and beautiful tropical destinations. Still a no-brainer for us.

The enjoyment you get from a cruise is in direct correlation to the attitude you have on the ship.

A few weeks before we set sail on the Carnival Freedom (June 4, 2011), I went on the Carnival.com website to check out shore excursions being offered and to book the ones I wanted ahead of time so I would not get sold out of them once on board for the cruise. I found the ones I wanted for myself, husband and 2 grown children, paid for them, got receipts showing the shore excursions were paid for and which ones they were and thought everything was set. When we got on board on embarkation day I went to the shore excursion desk to double check on everything. I was handed the actual tickets for what I had prepaid for and found that the fishing excursion ticket for my husband in Panama was missing and asked where it was. The person at the desk said the fishing excursion was canceled. I asked why I was not notified and where was my refund for what I had prepaid for on credit card. They couldn't answer any of my concerns and sent me to guest services. They knew nothing about it either and had to lend me a cell phone to use to call my credit card company to see if I was credited for the canceled shore excursion (I was). I then went back to the shore excursion desk to see if I could get my husband booked on the excursion I was taking with our children and it was now sold out!! I then tried to tell them that if I had known they were canceling the fishing trip, I would have booked my husband the shore excursion with us before they sold it out weeks ago! They just looked at me and could offer me no solution to my dilemma. I went round and round with the shore excursion desk. Very frustrating system. Carnival.com does not communicate with the shore excursion desk once on board. They need better coordination. If Carnival.com lists a shore excursion that they then allow you to pay for ahead of time, and then they cancel that shore excursion before the cruise sets sail, they should notify the customer so they can book another excursion before they sell out!!

The size of the pools , on all the ships !

YESS!! last summer was our first cruise and i was shocked to see how little the pools were for such a large amount of people.

I would also suggest cheaper drinks.. those DOD's add up quick!

I would not change anything. . . because you get what you pay for. What you get is exactally the product you are paying for. . . EconoLodge

If you want better food

If you want real music

If you want people to dress better

If

If

If

Sail on another cruise line

It is your money, spend it wisely.

What a sad commentary. To get better food one has to pick another cruise line. I think your post says it all really.

Get a new CEO that is more concerned with us, the cruisers, and less about the botton line. Everything, from the cruisers standpoint, about Carnival has gone downhill the last few years. BRING BACK THE PINS. Yes, the boats are full but in the long run Cahill is cutting his own throat.

Yes...I WANT MY PINS BACK...just when I started cruising in 2002..I started to collect pins for 3 ships...then next 2 cruises no pin..???wt??

I really enjoyed the pins and always looked back at them as atoken of all the different ships I had sailed!!

We would like to see more interesting itineraries. Same o, same o with Carnival. More than one ship in the Caribbean doing the exact same sailing. I would like to see something new in Europe and a repeat of the South America cruise. Itineraries, Carnival: Boring. Love to sail with Carnival but want to go somewhere new and exciting.

I would heat the hot tubs...instead of lukewarm water, heat it to 102 just like everywhere else (including Royal Caribbean)...this is one of the only things we prefer about RCC.

... but that might be hot enough to melt diapers! :eek:

:D

Tom

I saw a post similar to this but asking about the website but im curious if you could change anything about Carnival ships or anything what would it be??:D

I would remove the 200% suppliment and return the reduced SOLO RATE option for PLATINUM GUESTS. :D