Passport Through Carnival??

mom4travel

Please whatever you do, don't waste your money on passport cards!! waste of money! (unless you DRIVE to Canada or Mexico) BC and ID gets you the same thing as another poster said.

I agree! I'm only getting passports for kids in case we needed to fly home. (Surely, we could go 5 days w/o a distaster??? Murphy's Law . . . . )

If you think about, how in the world would you be able to apply for a passport through Carnival? You must appear before an authorized agent (for a child both parents and the child must be present) to turn in your paperwork, pay your fees, etc. Makes no sense, and of course, this isn't true.

People say all kinds of crazy things.

Unless things have changed, only one parent was needed when we got our boys their passports. That was in 2003 and it was just me and the boys that went to the Court House. They signed, I signed and that was it.

I totally agree. There really sems to be no point to the card unless you live along one of the borders and cross frequently, and even then I'd still have a passport. The card was the only thing I know of that's a cheaper form of a passport.

Alot of people in nothern maine use the card for going across the border often for work/family. That's what the card is ment for, not for international travel by plane/ship, etc. You are 100% right.

But your birth certificate could get wore out using it as a form of ID every time you cross the border or take a cruise to the Caribbean Islands. With the Pass Port ID card, it's plastic, comes in a protective sleeve, won't wear out, and can be carried in your wallet. :D

You can no longer cross the border with a birth certificate. US law requires you to have a passport or an enhanced driver's license to re-enter the US.

Unless things have changed, only one parent was needed when we got our boys their passports. That was in 2003 and it was just me and the boys that went to the Court House. They signed, I signed and that was it.

If your child is under the age of 16, both parents have to appear, unless the absent parent has signed Form DS-3053, which is a statement of consent.

From the US Passport Agency webpage:

The minor and both parents (or guardians) must appear in person to submit Form DS-11 at an acceptance facility or a passport agency

Archived