Ladies! Let's talk dresses for the cruise!

Hi! We are going on FOS July 31. My newbie question is:

How many dresses do you pack? The reason why I ask is because shorts are not allowed in the MDR. Even on casual nights, I can wear a sun dress. There are 4 casual nights. I am not saying that we will eat in the MDR every night, but I guess I need to be prepared.

I can pack some capris with cute tops too

If you eat in the MDR for lunch, what do you wear? I want to try the salad bar on the sea day.

What about Bfast?

How many times do you repeat your dresses, etc?

Suggest you visit the fashion board here. I will tell you, no one will notice or care what you are wearing if you repeat outfits. There should be a dress code listed on your cruise documents or on your cruiseline's webpage that use can use as a guide.

I usually pack one very dressy cocktail like dress and then another outfit.. maybe a skirt and dressy top or black pants and sparkly top. It depends on what fits best! I usually wear capris during the day or shorts on port days. I pack a rainbow of dressy tanks to mix and match with my shorts or capris. I always take a sweater in case the MDR or theater are cool.

A few times I took long gowns and that was a pain. I try to take outfits that I can wear my black strappy heels with. I have repeated outfits for dinner, especially if we are dining in one of the alternate dinner venues. Do what you are comfortable with.

For a seven day I pack my 2 formal dresses. Then I have a pair of slinky black dress pants I wear 2 of the nights with a couple bright tops. Then I usually buy sundresses in port that are fun to wear the other nights! They're light and don't take up much space at all. In the MDR don't wear your swimsuit and cover up, that's about it. Have a GREAT time!!!

I only pack dresses for dinner. Takes up alot less room than packing a top and bottoms. A dress is 1 article and top/bottom is 2. LOL Don't repeat my dresses either. I only pack one pair of "dress" shoes to go with them all and one pair of sandals.

I get fabric that I can roll and not have to worry about wrinkles. I only pack in a carry on.

Thanks for moving the thread! You can see by my name that I am just learning.

In all honesty, I could care less what people think about repeats on clothes. I am afraid I will have stains on my clothes by the time the 7 days are up.

Thank you thnak you thank you for letting me know about shorts for bfast and lunch. What a huge relief! I just thought we could never enter the MDR in shorts. Whoo.

Port days I am not worried about, swimsuit for us with cover-up. We will be beaching it most of the time.

So, one formal dress, and a sundress, capris and a top. Rinse and repeat.

I wear denim shorts with any top during the days.

Thanks for moving the thread! You can see by my name that I am just learning.

So, one formal dress, and a sundress, capris and a top. Rinse and repeat.

I wear denim shorts with any top during the days.

What I usually do is bring two or three cocktail dresses, sometimes a long formal dress, although many cruise lines are now trying to eliminate formal nights, two or three pairs of long pants, a couple skirts, and lots of tops that can be worn with the pants and skirts.

During the day I wear sundresses, shorts, capris, t-shirts or knit tops or tank tops. I always bring a couple light-weight cardigans and a shawl or two for cool days and evenings. Two pairs of dressy sandals with matching evening bags, a pair of flip-flops or casual sandals, and comfortable walking shoes or tennis shoes for days with a lot of walking.

Don't forget to bring a straw hat or casual cap for when you're out in the sun. But the most important thing to bring is a sunny and positive attitude. Have fun!:)

I packed 5 or 6 sun dresses and 1 formal cocktail dress when I cruised to the Bahamas. I usually wear sundresses all the time but when I was on the ship, I didn't wear one at all!!! I couldn't believe it!!! I spent most of my time in my bathing suit and sarong and when I wasn't wearing that, I had on shorts or goucho pants/capris. And NOBODY CARED!!! :) When people say nobody cares about what you wear, they are telling you the truth!

I wore my cocktail dress on the last night because we had already decided we wanted our last night to be a formal dinner night. We went to the very nice steakhouse on the ship and didn't feel over-dressed; many people had on nicer outfits.

Hope this helps!!

I'll be honest...I am one of those ladies that dearly loves the opportunity to dress up so I dress up every night. The other ladies are right...no one really cares and I have even seen jeans and spaghetti strap tshirts at night in the MDR. So go and be who you want to be and dress up or dress down, but enjoy, enjoy, enjoy...it is over before you know it!!!

Archived