Need help fast...PLEASE????

Trying to book my hotel for upcoming cruise Sept 1...which one would you choose? Embassy Suites MIAMI Airport $100 or LaQuinta East $80. I'm torn because we stayed at the Embassy Suites in Feb of this year and loved it. Nothing around but, the hotel itself was really nice.

LaQuinta

Pros - shuttle included / cheaper overall / free internet

Cons - Never stayed at a LQ before / Last Tripadvisor review stated bed bugs (I know take with a grain of salt)

Embassy Suites

Pros - Already know it's nice / nightly reception / breakfast buffet

Cons - Shuttle expense / internet expense / cost of hotel higher

A little background it's 2 of us my cousin and myself both in early 30's. We will arrive around noon. Our plan for the day is to go to the Dolphin mall (I know there are hotels closer to the mall but, I narrowed it down to the above choices). Then come back and rest until it's time to checkout.

SO WHICH WOULD YOU CHOOSE...

We always choose the Embassy Suites...

use this code on the corporate space when booking on line...nice discount...

MVP Hampton®, Doubletree® and Embassy Suites® hotels

Corp.

The fine print indicates a number of conditions including that they reserve the right to cancel your reservation or change your rate if you don't qualify for the MVP rate. I am HHonors but not gold or higher status.

We are currently at the Renaissance for about the same price as the ES, but the cocktail hour is certainly appealing ..... (we have breakfast included at Renaissance). I know they are very close to one another.

I think ES is closer to the small mall (i.e. Total Wine/Publix) but I think Renaissance is closer to the water taxi stop - is this accurate?

Just booked ES in FLL using the promotion code for 11/4. Initially best price was $170.99 using my AAA discount. The MVP promotion code reduced it to $143.99. ...with taxes it's $159. I have a HH#. Has anyone used the code and had an issue?

Thanks,

Kathy

• 2 weeks later...

As far as I could tell when I booked mine, if you joined Hilton Honors program and have a HH #, you can use the code. I did not see anything otherwise, and have never booked through Hilton before...

Loliola

I just used this code. We are staying at ES late Nov and early Dec

I already had a reservation and tried to change on line and received a msg to contact Reservations. I did contact them and they said no problem the rate was available for both pre and post cruise. I saved $15 pre and $20 post. I only have a Blue HHonors card and they said no problem.

The fine print indicates a number of conditions including that they reserve the right to cancel your reservation or change your rate if you don't qualify for the MVP rate. I am HHonors but not gold or higher status.

We are currently at the Renaissance for about the same price as the ES, but the cocktail hour is certainly appealing ..... (we have breakfast included at Renaissance). I know they are very close to one another.

I think ES is closer to the small mall (i.e. Total Wine/Publix) but I think Renaissance is closer to the water taxi stop - is this accurate?

The OP was asking about Miami the Total Wine, Publix, etc is in Fort Lauderdale. But I agree ........ I'm booked into the Embassy 17th Street in Fort Lauderdale for December with a Corporate Rate of $103.00 a night ........ woo hoo!

The one in Miami is nice but as OP said there is nothing near it but freeway & train tracks unless you have a car.

Archived