Elite Perks ?

crslover

We are elite members, but have not sailed since new perks have been updated. We will be traveling on the Solstice. I understand there is a place you can go to for cocktails in the evening before dinner. Can you order any cocktail? Can you take one with you? We are thinking about the premium liquor package, but will we need it if this place is available.:confused:

If you search this board you should find some photos of the menus from the Elite cocktail hour. You cannot order any cocktail, just the ones on the list. No margaritas, for instance. You are asked not to take them with you when you leave. Often the Captain's Club host/hostess is at the door and if they see you walking away with a drink, they ask you to leave it behind. Toward the very end of the cocktail hour they seem to be a bit more lenient about this, according to various reports. The cocktail hour is from 5-7, but not on the first night, nor the day of the Captain's Club party (which is usually in the afternoon).

they also have bloody marys and mimosas in the am. i would not order the liquor pkg unless you are very particilar about what you drink.

Also, the smoked salmon presentation, together with all of the normal goodies is outstanding. I would usually stop for a bloody mary and lox and bagel, sans bagel and cream cheese, before visiting Blu for a full breakfast.

"IF' there are a large number of Elites on board the event will be moved from Michaels Club to the Sky Lounge (or equivalent name).

Michaels club has a limited bar. Sky Lounge bar is a full service bar.

On our recent Connie T/A we (& our friends) ordered appletinis/cosmos

scotch sours/very dry martinis (gin or vodka) G&T.

I know you can't order umbrella drinks or margaritas

Jack

We are "Elite" and the decision to go on Celebrity has been swayed by the comments on this site. We are Diamond on RCI and "Elite" with both Celebrity and Princess.

We now plan to book with Celebrity on a 12 nighter out of Cape Liberity.

Thanks for the input.

That is generally true -- dress is "smart casual and above" each night, meaning no shorts, t-shirts, flip flops. It depends, however, on who the Captain's Club host/hostess is as to how tightly this is enforced. I have seen passengers turned away from the Elite event for being underdressed, but some cruisers have reported some laxity. I wouldn't count on it being very casual, though. YMMV.

On Equinox the "Elite" social "hour" was from 4:00 to 6:00 in the Sky Lounge , and was quite well attended. The first couple of days we ordered Harvey Wallbangers , which are not on the "menu", and we were accommodated, but a few days in a waiter explained that the Captain's Club has a separate bar stock and it was a problem providing drinks not on the menu. Thereafter we ordered from the menu , which was not a problem - thoughly enjoyed the sessions, complete with appetizers. One day we accidently wandered in with shorts on , and were politely requested to change. This perk definitely affects one's decision regarding alcohol packages.

Archived