P&O - Price of Beveridges

verycanny

Hi,

Sailing on Ventura in a couple of weeks and were thining of packing a couple of bottles of spirits with us but had various reports on drink prices on board saying that it's quite reasonable.

Anyone any idea on the cost of ordering the likes of a bottle of Gin or Bacardi on board to be delivered to our cabin (intent it to last for at least a few days.....honest :))?

cheers!

Hubbie says Gin btween £8-£10 depending on sort. You can get a deal on mixers. Something like buy 9 get 3 free. The "ice-man" then comes every night to fill up your ice-bucket. Unfortunately it seemed to be when I was in shower! The one time he was about to open bathroom door to empty ice bucket! Husband out on balcony asleep didnt hear him come in! He soon woke up when he heard my squeal(or was it the iceman's!!)

They only sell duty free if you are calling at a port outside the EU duty area, i.e. Canaries, Gibraltar, Norway etc.

Around £9-£11 for litre bottle of gin depending on brand.

Brian

This what you are looking for?

Gin:

Bombay Sapphire £2.30

Gordon's £2.10

Beefeater £2.00

Vodka

Stolichnaya £2.60

Absolut Blue £2.35

Smirnoff Red £2.15

Rum

Bacardi Reserva £2.15

Bacardi Carta Blanca, Captain Morgan’s £2.00

Whisky

Johnnie Walker Black Label, Chivas Regal £2.4o

Teachers, Bells, Famous Grouse, Johnnie Walker Red Label £2.10

Vat 69 £2.0

Malts[/size][/font]

Highland Malt - Glenmorangie £2.60

Speyside Malt -

Glenfiddich, Glenlivet

Islay Malt - Laphroaig, Bowmore

Island Malt - Highland Park, Scapa

Bourbon

Jim Beam £2.15

Canadian

Canadian Club £2.15

Irish[

Jameson £2.15

Bristol Cream, Tio Pepe, Croft Original £2.10

Brandy and Cognac

Remy XO Premier Cru £5.50

Cognac V.S.O.P £2.65

Cognac*** £2.40

Brandy £2.25

Armagnac £2.40

Port

Late Bottled Vintage £2.15

Draught Beers

Lager Pint* £2.60

Lager Shandy Pint* £2.50[

Bitter Pint* £2.35

Bitter Shandy Pint* £2.25

Bitter 1/2 Pint* £1.20*Draught beers available in selected bars only

Becks 330ml - Germany £2.35

Grolsch 330ml - Holland £2.35

Stella Artois 330ml - Belgium £2.35

Budweiser 330ml - USA £2.35

Carlsberg 330ml - Denmark £1.95

Fosters 330ml - Australia £1.95

Beck's Non-Alcoholic 330ml - Germany £1.95

Old Speckled Hen 500ml £2.40

Marston's Pedigree 500ml £2.35

Boddingtons Draught 440ml £2.10

Caffrey's Irish Ale 440ml £2.10

John Smiths Extra Smooth 440ml 2.40

Newcastle Brown Ale 440ml £2.10

Bass Pale 330ml £1.85

Guinness Draught Can 440ml £2.40

Magners 568ml £3.45

Strongbow 440ml £2.10

Smirnoff Ice Red 275ml £2.50

Bacardi Breezer 275ml £2.60

Cheers

Gerry

They only sell duty free if you are calling at a port outside the EU duty area, i.e. Canaries, Gibraltar, Norway etc.

Around £9-£11 for litre bottle of gin depending on brand.

Brian

I thought we saw prices a lot dearer than those on our last cruise. We only did EU ports. Even the drink they were selling to take home were cheaper to buy on supermarket specials at home.

I would bring my own if I were you.

OP is on Ventura in a couple of weeks, which probably means the Fjords cruise, so outside of the EU. Hence duty free. On Oceana in May we bought Bombay Sapphire Gin for £10.50 per litre. That's less than half what we pay in the supermarket.

I've never found it worth the bother of taking spirits on board.

Have a good cruise.

Thanks all for the info it's much appreciated. One of the ports is Gibralter so looks like as you all say... it's not worth taking spirits on board.

Can you buy the duty free at anytime on board or must you wait until the ship is within Gibralter waters? and if it is duty free then I assume you could only buy the one bottle per person (duty free allowance) for the time on the cruise.

They are certainly good prices for the bottles and even for the individual drinks, litteraly pub prices.... especially compared to other cruise lines Im told!

You're doing virtually the same cruise as us and the drinks were available prior to getting to Gib.

Duty Free Allowance only comes into it when bringing ashore, so you should be able to buy more if you are consuming at the rate you are suggesting!

The prices quoted are for in cabin service £10 to £12. They are available all the time and are nothing to do with duty free allowance unless you take them off the ship back at Southampton and then it is the usual 1 ltr per per person.

If you require ice or mixers your steward will get them for you including lemon if you are on gin.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

Hic!:rolleyes:

Dai

:cool:

I hope Arcadia on the 2012 world cruise has sufficient stocks of Spirits for medicinal purposes. Why would you bother buying spirits ashore when you look at the on board prices.

I hope Arcadia on the 2012 world cruise has sufficient stocks of Spirits for medicinal purposes. Why would you bother buying spirits ashore when you look at the on board prices.

I agree with you NSWP the prices are very reasonable compared to the other cruises I have been on.

Regards Frank.

Box of wine sounds great, I can take a couple of boxes of decent Aussie wine on board Arcadia in Sydney for the 49 day adventure, as per my signature. We can buy very drinkable 4 litre boxed wine - we call them casks - here for around $15 each, i.e. DeBortoli, Yalumba. Way to go, hope at least one fits in ye olde cabin fridge.

I agree with you NSWP the prices are very reasonable compared to the other cruises I have been on.

Regards Frank.

True but when ordering a spirit it barely covers the bottom of the glass you need a double to taste. P&O Crusies are more exspensive than some American lines so its win some lose some i have cruised both.

True but when ordering a spirit it barely covers the bottom of the glass you need a double to taste. P&O Crusies are more exspensive than some American lines so its win some lose some i have cruised both.

Hi aussieone

The prices I have experienced on the american ships are about the same only you have to add 15% gratuities on top and hence the price would be maybe the same if not more on certain drinks.

Regards Frank.

All this talk of drink is making me thirsty. Got off Ventura ex Venice 13th. June. Boddington's Bitter is now £3.00 a pint (up from £2.70 Dec 2010) but still very reasonable. BUT for real beer drinkers they have Draught Bass in cans on board selling at £1.85 (same price as the 330ml bottles). Full 500ml but be sure to ask for a 'large glass', ie pint and ask to pour it yourself. Bass drinkers will be aware that there is no Co2 in the can (hence the full 500ml) and must be poured from a height. Heaven...............

Prices are good on most things but the measure is small 25cl :(

I like to finish off the night with a baileys over ice, It doesnt go anwhere near covering it! So on Ventura I realised that if I order a liquer coffee you get 50cl measure! all I did was ask for it separate, coffee and a baileys over ice. cost £4.50 a double baileys would be £5.95 and I got a free coffee ha!:D

The waiters thought this was a great idea. And you could do it with other shots

Anyone know if P&O UK, stock Gluten Free Beer? (I am a coeliac)

You need to contact P&O about this as they will often obtain supplies appropriate. Hope they get what you want - if not maybe they would let you take your own.

Archived