Whos ready to see a ship back on the West Coast? I am!

I would be very happy even if it is a seasonal ship - summer one week Pacific NW - next week Mexican Riviera (but it is still bad in many parts of Mexico). We enjoyed both the short cruises on the Monarch and the longer ones on the Vision or Mariner.

Princess is now considering or has already stopped going to Puerta Varta (sp i know) and has stopped Motezlan (sp again) because of the danger to passengers. That leaves Cabo. and ?? won't fly to west coast for that.

I am more than ready. In fact I couldn't wait so I booked a Disney Pacific Coastal for next year. Also saw an article that Disney is going to try a new port for one of the cruises in Guaymas Sonora, Mexico when it heads back to the Mexican Riviera. I believe HAL has also used this port.

With no RC ships on the West Coast, I'm hoping that the bosses in Miami are listening to the drumbeats being generated by the new smoking policies of Carnival, Princess, and HAL -- all of those lines still have ships here! :rolleyes:

Until the Mexican government (if that is what you want to call it) can get a handle on the drug cartels that run their country, the mass murders & the crime, there are far too many people who won't cruise there. And who could blame them?

Without tourism, that country will implode ... so I really hope they can get a grip on things there -- it would be nice to see the So. Cal. cruise industry get back to where it was before. Somehow I'm not too confident.

Until the Mexican government (if that is what you want to call it) can get a handle on the drug cartels that run their country, the mass murders & the crime, there are far too many people who won't cruise there. And who could blame them?

Well as long as Mexico is sitting next door to the largest drug addict in the world (USA) that is going to be difficult. It's a country with a poor economy and few income opportunities for it's population.

Well as long as Mexico is sitting next door to the largest drug addict in the world (USA) that is going to be difficult. It's a country with a poor economy and few income opportunities for it's population.

OH .. now i get it! That must be what it is. That excuses EVERYTHING! Thanks for clearing that up for me. :rolleyes:

OH .. now i get it! That must be what it is. That excuses EVERYTHING! Thanks for clearing that up for me. :rolleyes:

Not trying to excuse anything, but it's like blaming alcohol manufacturers for DUIs. The users need to take some ownership.

Also the US supposely has a more 'responsible' govenment and more extensive law enforcement, yet they can't keep the drugs out. Not sure how you would expect the same resources from a less developed country to succeed.

I'm ready for a ship on the West Coast. Even though I'm from Belgium and I have to fly to get there, it's much easier to combine a ship leaving from the West Coast with Las Vegas, than one leaving from the East Coast. Weekly Pacific Northwest cruises llike when they didn't go to Mexico for a while, sounds awesome. And if it were a Radiance Class ship, it would be even better :D

Cindy

Nope, not ready for it at all. Even before the problems in Mexico they would have had to pay me to cruise there again. Did it once and it was the worst itinerary I´ve ever been on. Wouldn´t want to go back there.

We are not big Mexico fans either, but for us its all about the ship! :)

We really don't care where it goes, if we've been to a port or ports we don't care for we just enjoy our day by staying on the ship!

Nope, not ready for it at all. Even before the problems in Mexico they would have had to pay me to cruise there again. Did it once and it was the worst itinerary I´ve ever been on. Wouldn´t want to go back there.

We are tired of the same old MR ports. But we if wanted to cruise and not fly across the country Mexico was the only game in town. (OK a few cruises to Hawaii but those have too many sea days for us).

I am ready for a RCCL ship out here. I did 95 cruises

to the Mexican Riviera and loved it, obviously. If you know

where to go and where not to go in Mexico you will be OK.

There are places I dont go in Long Beach, either.

I would love a cruise that would go to SFO though.

Count me in too.....I've got both hands raised!!! :D :D

I would love to see a PNW.... Or .... a 3 and 4 day would be great too!!!

I second that! I would love to have a 5 nighter out of Seattle to San Francisco and back...what a great mini get away! Some Canada 3 or 4 nights would be awesome too!

Given their previous, less than favorable experience on the West Coast and the lack of diversity of possible ports of call and, couple it with the fact that even their competitors have significantly reduced their presence there, it seems very unlikely that RCI will be returning any of the ships in the fleet in the foreseeable future. 2013 seems much too soon to expect that to happen, given all the factors that would have to change. There are a dedicated band of loyalists on this board who are lobbying for RCI to return but I don't think that the cruiseline will allow itself to make the same mistake twice and will need much more evidence that they could sail more profitably from California than from other ports in the US and elsewhere. There was a recent conference which discussed the feasibility of some of the major cruise lines increasing their presence in the Canada/New England market, and the cruise line executives who participated in the conference pretty much indicated that, for a number of similar reasons, that wasn't going to happen. Deployment of their fleets is a complex subject and such decisions have to be based on hard numbers and not emotion.

Archived