Princess cancels Puerto Vallarta - no plans for Carnival to do same

Cruzin 1025

USA Today just posted that Princess has canceled calls to Puerto Vallarta for the rest of the year.

http://travel.usatoday.com/cruises/post/2011/06/princess-cruises-ship-puerto-vallarta-mazatlan-mexico-cancel/175043/1?csp=fbcruise

Per John Heald, no plans at the moment for Carnival to do the same.

John Heald I checked with a senior beard who says " we have no plans to discontinue calls to Puerto Vallarta"...........

In May, a Canadian man living in Puerto Vallarta was stabbed to death and robbed in his home. Princess declined to say how the incident, or any other specific incident, informed the deployment changes.

This is like saying someone was shot in LA so we better not go. What a bunch of bs. So the iten. change is 2 cabo days and Ensenada which I would do if it was me. In March Spirit had 2 Cabo days and people stayed in Cabo overnight, yes taking the chances with the weather and all but if they report is favorable then do it. They talked to John Heald and he gave the go ahead with the weather stipulation. Everybody is talking about Santa Barbara and San Fran. as port destinations. That is not what I would take a cruise for. I can drive to those cities and stay cheaply enough. I guess we have our government to thank for supplying arms to Mexico. Some idiot thought they could track the guns and get the cartels that way. What a joke. The leadership of the ATF should all be fired. :cool:

It was the DOJ and senior members of the executive branch that authorized it. Its a shame that cartels have been allowed to take over that country.

Its a shame what has happened to mexico.. its been a steady downhill slope for a Long long time..corrupt

its a just a matter of time till it spreads to the other side ( carrib)

It was the DOJ and senior members of the executive branch that authorized it. Its a shame that cartels have been allowed to take over that country.

What does this have to do with the cartels:confused: Sounds more like a fuel savings to me..........for christs sake Ensenada is closer to the corrupt border towns than P.V. I call B.S.:rolleyes:

I don't see anyone wanting to do this itinerary so eventually they will be taking Princess out of the West Coast also.......

I always felt like I would be getting ripped off if I purchased a cruise that stops in one port for 2 days..

My thoughts exactly!!

If they change the itinerary after you book it - you should be able to cancel without penalty - other than weather or a true safety issue.

An NCL passenger was just mugged in Bermuda...fortunately the cruise passenger got the best of the guy...anyway, if you can get attacked in Bermuda, you can get attacked anywhere. If a cruise line pulled out of PV, it was a financial decision.

What does this have to do with the cartels:confused: Sounds more like a fuel savings to me..........for christs sake Ensenada is closer to the corrupt border towns than P.V. I call B.S.:rolleyes:

I don't see anyone wanting to do this itinerary so eventually they will be taking Princess out of the West Coast also.......

This is what my DH thinks also. Fuel savings.

Our family just got off the Splendor on Sunday. We had no problems in PV , and would have liked to have spent another day there. We did a Pirate Adventure, and it took most of the day...but our tablemates had no problems either.

Hmmmm, so if CCL does cancel PV, will I be able to change my cruise to another itinerary? 2013 is a long way out and things may smooth over by then but still...

There is nothing to smooth over......heck the way things are going by 2013 there might not be any ships left of the west coast......

It is about perception and a political pee pee match. People perceive PV, et al, as dangerous and drug/gang infested. Therefore bookings on Princess are down on these itineraries. Princess tells the Mexican tourism ministry that they are pulling out until the perception is that things are safer.

Princess could of at least replaced Ensenada with La Paz.

La Paz didn't have much to do when I went but it sure is better than Ensenada

Ensenada is closer......less fuel....they can just anchor outside of Ensenada on their last sea day.....

Archived