Somewhat OT - This forum is so civilized!

Mom2B&Z

Do I dare admit I registered for the Disney boards and made a few posts? I will...and OMG the people over there are crazy!

I'm staying here where we can have civilized conversations and agree to disagree with each other :D

Do I dare admit I registered for the Disney boards and made a few posts? I will...and OMG the people over there are crazy!

I'm staying here where we can have civilized conversations and agree to disagree with each other :D

Oh yeah. Sometimes I just have to back away from a thread over there. Have you seen the one about the baby left in the car?

Ok - I was curious so I googled, "Disney boards baby in car" and pulled it right up. All 34 pages, 500 posts (as of this writing) of pointless arguing.

Even the car seat discussions here don't go on that long.

Ok - I was curious so I googled, "Disney boards baby in car" and pulled it right up. All 34 pages, 500 posts (as of this writing) of pointless arguing.

We have 3 kids, and I can say that neither myself or my wife has ever left the kid(s) in the car...

Not saying that the neighborhoods/shopping venues we visit aren't safe, but it's just a big NO... who wants to get caught doing that, too? People'd look at you like you had 3 heads... 3 really UGLY heads.

That being said, there's a great picture going around the internet describing Facebook arguments, but it applies to forum arguments as well.

facebookargument.jpg

facebookargument2.jpg

facebookargument3.jpg

I think with CruiseCritic, the members genuinely want to help each other... Discussing cruises is all about talking about our big relaxing vacation.

Disney Theme Parks isn't necessarily relaxing... :p

Mack2 - that is the funniest thing EVER and reminds me of many of the hot button threads here at CC.

B&Z - yeah I had to walk away from the Disboard because way too many times I wanted to put my head through the computer. You have posters on there that are "sponsors" and display that proudly. They can say what they want -- no matter how stupid it is. :rolleyes: I am happier when I stay away. But now I have to go google that thread just to peek. :p

Edited to say -- wow, that was one heck of a 47 page argument. Can't believe it was allowed to go on for so long. Talk about overkill. Here in PA, its illegal, even for a minute. A local woman here did it to run into the pharmacy for meds for her sick kids after the ped's office - arrested for child endangement. Wife of a local doctor. So the police around here don't care who you are ;)

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience.

That's exactly how I felt over there! The little Canadian part of the forum was good though.

The boys are begging to go to Disney, but I'm starting to dread the idea.

Mack2 -- laugh out loud HILARIOUS!!!

I had to go check out that Disboards argument, and yeah, it really puts even our most curmudgeonly posters to shame. I frequent another site, one that is politically oriented, and sometimes I get frustrated by the mean-spirited insults that get mindlessly hurled about. It's not always like that, by any means; but it's definitely worse there than it is here. By and large, I find the people here on Cruise Critic to be friendly and helpful -- a real breath of fresh air.

One time on that other site, they happened to be talking about cruising, for some reason, and one of them mentioned Cruise Critic. He summed it up well: "They take their cruising as seriously as we take our politics."

Archived