Addicted after my 1st cruise?

So I have been back less than 2 weeks from my very first cruise, to Alaska's Inner Passage no less. I enjoyed it so much that I am ready to cruise again! In fact my kids made me promise to take them on one so I have already put a deposit down on a cruise to the Bahamas in Sept 2012. However, that's a long time away so I might have to squeeze another one in before then!

Did the rest of you get the bug after your 1st cruise? I can't believe that I waited until my 40's to start cruising - so many years wasted! If only I had known what I was missing!!

I had been frequenting the Princess boards before my Alaskan cruise, but the upcoming one I have booked is on the Carnival Fascination so I will be hanging out here for a while.

Helen

Cruising is so addictive!! I took my first cruise in Feburary 2010 and I have been on 3 and going on my 4th in October!! Its the best vacation ever!! I love it!! I am constantly on here looking for more great deals to book!! Welcome to the worst addiction ever!!

Oh yeah I have heard about that Warm Chocolate Melting Cake! I must have some!!!

My husband thinks I am crazy to be obsessing about another cruise so soon, but I am just that type of person who lives to plan things. I must have my next project lined up or I go crazy!

Glad to hear that I am in good company! :D

Helen

You think you got it bad! My wife and I are:

1. Platinum Cruisers

2. Live in Florida so we can drive to the port.

3. Have a Cruise Voucher purchased on a previous cruise.

4. Am eligible for the Past Cruiser discount.

5. Am eligible for the military discount.

6. Have a good TA who gives a ship board credit.

7. Although retired, am still working part time to help pay for cruises.

8. Have a wife (of 46 years) who enjoys cruising.

9. Am already booked for our 15th cruise and all with Carnival.

It doesn't get any better!

So I have been back less than 2 weeks from my very first cruise, to Alaska's Inner Passage no less. I enjoyed it so much that I am ready to cruise again! In fact my kids made me promise to take them on one so I have already put a deposit down on a cruise to the Bahamas in Sept 2012. However, that's a long time away so I might have to squeeze another one in before then!

Did the rest of you get the bug after your 1st cruise? I can't believe that I waited until my 40's to start cruising - so many years wasted! If only I had known what I was missing!!

I had been frequenting the Princess boards before my Alaskan cruise, but the upcoming one I have booked is on the Carnival Fascination so I will be hanging out here for a while.

Helen

so gad you enjoyed your 1st cruise. Now you are hooked:D how about a 6 day to Bermuda Carnival Fantasy out of Charleston Oct 6th 2011

we are only about 5 hours from you

welcome to Carnival and Cruise critic

Oh yeah I have heard about that Warm Chocolate Melting Cake! I must have some!!!

My husband thinks I am crazy to be obsessing about another cruise so soon, but I am just that type of person who lives to plan things. I must have my next project lined up or I go crazy!

Glad to hear that I am in good company! :D

Helen

.... Oh how I wish I could have WCMC tonight ....

254899_10150210992518151_500473150_7035333_5693828_n.jpg

Why arn't I on a cruise right now :mad:

We were hooked the second day of our first cruise. Don't feel bad about wanting to take a cruise in between cruising. I know that sounds like a redundant sentence but I'm sure others know what I am talking about. We took a wonderful 4 day cruise shortly after we booked our upcoming trip because 1) it was a steal of a price and 2) we just couldn't wait to get back on another ship. We figured it would be a good way to relieve some of the anxiety of waiting for the next sail away.

Helen

It's a wonderful addiction to have. Took my 1st cruise @ 30 and haven't looked back. My only regrets were that I didn't do it sooner & waiting 5 yrs in between cruise#1 & cruise#2(Oct 2010). @nd cruise was to the Bahamas & Key West. Going on cruise #3 in October & started palnning cruise #4 for next October.

You will enjoy The Bahamas. :) It was so beautiful. Cruise #4 will be back to the Bahamas & Key West.

sure can understand the addiction... we went on first cruise Oct 2010 (Liberty). I was home for 2 weeks and booked another one (Legend) without telling my husband.... gave it to him as part of the christmas present... :D. Then girlfriend from Australia is coming to USA three months after Legend cruise and I am meeting her for a cruise (Freedom). While on Legend we will be booking another cruise :). This is one of the best addictions i have ever had........

Helen

It is addicting, about to head off on my 6th cruise(5th with Carnival) in September, and I too wish I had of started sooner, I would probaly be platinum by now, but I am working on that now:D

Welcome to the addiction!

I am new to the addiction also. I took my first cruise just last year, but have already booked my 4th and am planning out ideas for my 5th :eek:!

Luckily I just got my Aunt and Uncle addicted by taking them on their first cruise a few weeks ago so they already booked their next one with me :).

Enjoy yourself!

Hey -

Come sail out of New Orleans - it is a quick easy flight for you. We will have 4 ships (yippee!!) this fall.

We have 4, 5 and 7 day cruises again. I am so glad to have different options again!!

So many cruises and so few vacation days!!

There could be worst addictions, this is harmless.

Our first cruise was Sept 08, then a spur of the moment cruise in Jul 10 and suffered from post cruise depression and booked the third for next month. I had to book within 2months.

Where else can you go to so many different places and have people wait on you the whole time.

Karen

Helen

My wife and I were diffently hooked after the first night on board our first cruise. Just can't wait for October this year til we cruise again on CCL - Freedom and Miracle.

Addiction to cruising is totally under rated.....

Next thing you know, you will want to move to Florida to live closer to the ships!

That's what we did. Lived in Florida, went on our first cruise, moved to Ohio, realized cruising is much more expensive when you add a flight, moved back to Florida, cruising again! :D

Helen

I got bit the 1st time I cruised. Last year we went on the Carnival Legend. We were looking to take a family vacation to Disney or Universal. After looking at the prices we decided to just visit some local theme parks for the summer. What just so happens to come on the t.v. when we were about to give up? A Carnival commercial.:) Eureka! I checked the prices, compared them to Disney/Universal and Carnival won. We were nervous and excited at the same time. No one in my family had done it so there was really no one that could tell us what to expect. We loved it! The kids never want to do anything else. We're currently booked on 2 cruises. We've promised to cruise at least once every year. So far we are sticking to that. ;)

I agree it is an addiction. We took our 1st cruise on the Triumph March 2010, 2nd cruise Dream March 2011. We will be taking our 3rd cruise Ecstasy September Ecstasy 2011. Already have a cruise planned for Mach 2012 with Voyager of the Seas Royal Cab. I would like to say the addiction gets better after more cruises, but I would be telling a lie. The more I cruise, the more I want to cruise. I want to try all the companies and every ship. Of course that is not likely. I have already talked so many friends into it. I was at the grocery store talking to the cashier about cruises. He said he needed a vacation.....the lady behind me said do you get a kick back or something? I said no why? She said your face just lit up when you were going on & on about cruising....lol

Archived