serenity question

sheephugs

I'm cruising Carnival after several HAL & Princess cruises. I love the aft decks on those ships. I see mention of the Serenity Deck but really don't quite understand it. I've tried the search feature on the boards with no success. Sorry if this is redundant but could someone explain it to me? Is there a charge? do you have to reserve a time slot (I think HAL does this)? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

SOME ships have a serenity area, not all, some just have a adult pool, etc. It varys by ship, no one answer.

No charge.

Splendor, Dream and Magic have spa areas for which there is a charge.

PS this is the serenity area on Elation and looking out the back.

Picture118.jpg

Picture119.jpg

They have been adding them to many of the "Conquest" class ships now too....the Serenity area is in the back /aft deck on the Fantasy class ships but it is up above the spa on the Conquest class ships, in the front of the ship

On the Conquest Class ships it has some hammocks, some "round" chairs , some with adjustable shade cover thingys :) They have a bar, bar service...hot tubs that seem to be hotter than the others usually

They do get crowded but there is no charge for them. I have found lounger there on both Glory and Valor.

They are adults only...over 21...!! and NON smoking

also...Glory's aft pool and hot tubs are adult only...but kids can be back there (the pizza and ice cream is back there LOL)

Serenity however is for adults only, the whole area, not just the hot tubs.

Legend is also currently the only Serenity area to have a Pool! Lucky you! Enjoy. It was my favorite area to enjoy on our most recent Freedom cruise. Some adults didn't get the idea of "serenity" but oh well:o

Does anyone have pics of the Serenity on the Splendor? I love how it is off the back of the Elation~ is it the same on the Splendor?

Serenity on the Splendor is on Deck 12 Sun forward~ no hot tubs or pools and one deck below the mini golf course~

Just a point of interest - they have boxed lunches at the bar on the Serenity Deck - turkey/chicken wraps, salad, pretzels and something else - can't quite remember. Nice not to have to fight crowds on Lido. Also, shade is at a premium - especially deck 12 - so make sure to take lots of sun screen and a hat. Also, they have their own towels so you don't have to haul your own up there.

We loved the Serenity deck on Dream! Saw some children walk by only once during the entire week, but they kept right on walking. The best part was that it's free. On Princess you had to pay extra to visit the nice part of their adult only deck. The best place to relax was the L-shaped couches in the corners. Amazing breeze!

5853302417_ca5b6e137b.jpg

5853289467_235f745d93.jpg

5852408245_410c79dac7.jpg

You can see the couch in the back left corner of this photo

Just a point of interest - they have boxed lunches at the bar on the Serenity Deck - turkey/chicken wraps, salad, pretzels and something else - can't quite remember. Nice not to have to fight crowds on Lido. Also, shade is at a premium - especially deck 12 - so make sure to take lots of sun screen and a hat. Also, they have their own towels so you don't have to haul your own up there.

On the Valor last month the bar servers brought the boxed lunches up and walked around with them so you did not even have to go down one level to the bar....Serenity is on 2 decks on Conquest Class ships.

Also, a note about the towel service.......I stayed on the ship on a couple of Port Days and the first day I did this I walked all the way up and got to the towel station to find this sign:

2992921360048617178S600x600Q85.jpg

Well....as I said it was a Port Day AND it was well before 2:00PM....I had to go back down to the Main Lido Deck Towel STation to get towels....not really a big deal but just something I thought I would mention to save someone else a couple of trips up and down the stairs if they did not feel like it!

Also, I don't really understand why on Port Days the towel station closed earlier than on Sea Days BUT it does. Needless to say I missed that 7:00PM return time a couple of times. I brought the towels back to my cabin and the room steward took care of it. They were beige - a different color than anywhere else on the ship so it was pretty easy to tell that they came from the Serenity Towel Station

My wife and I have bought week-long "passes" to the Sanctuary on Princess ships and they were worth every penny- quiet, secluded, everything the Serenity is not. We attempted to use the Serenity on the Valor and found it full most of the time- not really our cup of tea but it works for those who :cool:use it.

Archived