Disembarking...sorry I feel like I have a million questions

mesci14

We have noticed that the dawn typicAlly is arriving back in Boston around 7 am. My husband seems to think they are rushing you out the door on that last day. I thought we would be able to have a relaxing morning ... Cup of coffee on the balcony. What is it like? How long can we stay in our room? On the ship? Will they be pushing us out the door?

They really do like you out as quickly as possible. 9:30-10:00. Don't forget they have a couple thousand people as excited to get on that clean ship just as excited as you were a week before. All the breakfast stuff has to be cleaned, stuff put out for lunch and dinner, public areas all clean, rooms all cleaned and spick and span. A change over takes a lot of work and they have to hit the ground running. Also there is luggage coming in, luggage going out, parking areas that need to be emptied so they can be filled back up. Give them a break. We know you're sorry to leave but there are plenty that are happy to get on.

Disembarkation Program for the Star in Feb.

"Enjoy every minute of your vacation with Freestyle Cruising

With Freestyle Cruising even disembarkation day will be a breeze. We ask that you leave your stateroom by 9am, but you've still got a few vacation hours to enjoy a leisurely breakfast or just relax in one of our public rooms until you luggage tag color is announced."

Disembarkation from 8:30 - 10:30. Starting at 9am every 10 minutes was a new color tag. Unless you are doing "easy walk off" (with your own baggage) then you can leave anytime you wish within disembarkation hours.

"final call for all guests to disembark the vessel at approximately 10:30am"

We have noticed that the dawn typicAlly is arriving back in Boston around 7 am. My husband seems to think they are rushing you out the door on that last day. I thought we would be able to have a relaxing morning ... Cup of coffee on the balcony. What is it like? How long can we stay in our room? On the ship? Will they be pushing us out the door?

Normally they would like everyone out of the cabin by about 9 or 9:30am. They have to start setting up for the next embarkation. At least, you do not have to carry a bunch of crap with you like the olden days. You can have coffee, go to breakfast and then pick up your few carry on items back in your cabin.

NIta

We didn't feel any more rushed on that day than any other day that we were up bright and early to go get on one of the islands.

We got up, showered, a little final packing, went for breakfast, took a few more pictures, then went back to our rooms to get our luggage and headed down to get our refund from the desk. Then walked right off the ship. It was a breeze and wasn't even a line at the time. :)

Thanks for the information everyone. I certainly understand why they need us to leave by a certain time but it sounds like they won't be rushing us out the door and we will be able to enjoy the morning on the ship. Do you recommend carrying off your own luggage or tagging it?

Thanks for the information everyone. I certainly understand why they need us to leave by a certain time but it sounds like they won't be rushing us out the door and we will be able to enjoy the morning on the ship. Do you recommend carrying off your own luggage or tagging it?

I guess that would depend on how much luggage you will be bringing and when you like to pack it up. We love "easy walk off". We only have a tri-set between DH & I and it's nothing to roll it down the ramp to disembark. There are a few reasons we like this method.

I don't have to pack a certain way the night before making sure I have everything we'll need in the morning in my carryon (making my carryon heavy as well).

We don't have to schedule when we would like to leave to get a certain color tag.

Our luggage is black and there is nothing like searching in a sea of black luggage for yours, not matter how wonderfully creative you are at marking it.

We are early risers. I get up in the morning, pack my bags, go for a leisurely breakfast, taking our last photos we want. Or sitting on our balcony pouting because it is time to leave our home at sea ;).

At close to 9 we leave our stateroom with bags in tow and head for customs.

As mentioned, is there a complimentery shuttle to the airport? If so, is it for everyone, every airline? This is our first sailing out of Boston and have not heard of this before. That would be so great!

As mentioned, is there a complimentery shuttle to the airport? If so, is it for everyone, every airline? This is our first sailing out of Boston and have not heard of this before. That would be so great!

Hi, I do not know about complimentary airport shuttle service, but NCL does have for a small fee bus service from the ship to the airport. When you can leave the ship depends on what time your flight is. Usually there is an airport shuttle for flights before 2 P.M. and another for flights after 2 P.M. There usually is a shuttle that will take you to the partnership hotel. On some ships they also have a "Bags" program where your bags are taken directly from the ship to your your airline carrier and you pick them up when you get home. Check with Guest Services when you board or have your TA check it out for you. I have taken both the airport and hotel shuttles and had no problems. Have a great trip.

It may very from port to port, but the NCL transfer to the airport was $25/person when we used it in Miami. We were going to FLL. We also used BAGS luggage offer and I believe that was $20/bag. Both programs worked without a hitch.

Nana G - you mentioned you're sailing out of Boston so a cab might be a cheaper option since the Logan is not that far from the port.

When we disembarked in Boston last April, we were told to hop on the bus - no charge. The ride less than 5 minutes long.

http://www.massport.com/logan-airport/To%20and%20From%20Logan/On-AirportShuttle.aspx

Archived