Evening pants

I have a few lovely evening tops that I would like to take on our next cruise to New England and Bahamas but the black pants that I usually wear seem to be so boring! Our fashion here in Australia is different (a bit behind the world!) so I hope that you lovely fashion girls out there will help me!

Roll on October!!:D

Beverly:)

How about an evening skirt? They have them in many lengths and styles....but they are made of an evening appropriate material....flowy, silky, satiny....

If you must do pants, there are all style of them, as well! I'd just go online, see what options there are, and then hit a major dept. store!

Black silky drape style pants and a dressy top are my uniforms for formal nights! With the price of flying and paying to take luggage these work fine! Pair them with a beautiful shade of blue or a bright red and you'll feel very special (and comfortable!)

I have a pair of black silk trousers that I pair with a sparkly/lacey/silky top. While I would feel under-dressed in them for a true formal night, they are great for semi-formal and regular dining nights. I can dress them up or down depending on the top and jewelry I wear with them.

I was just about to hit send when I thought about how long I've had them--eight or nine years now. That's a lot of parties and nicer dinners they've seen! :D

I'm not a fan of car wash pants. I don't think they are very figure flattering even for super models and I think they look dated. Just my opinion,

I agree. They look like they've been through a shredder, but it is an option for someone looking for something other than plain black pants. :)

I have a pair of car wash pants and I love them. On a recent cruise as I was leaving the dining room a young man that I didn't know said "Ma'am you look beautiful". Clearly he was a well mannered man with good taste haha.

Wear what makes you feel good!

Elsie

A palazzo style at least don't look dated or "shredded." (Love that description, oh so true!) Unfortunately they don't seem to be flattering to petite or some pear shaped women though.

Personally I think a "pencil skirt" can be a great substitute for pants. They come in a variety of lengths, but most stop at or just above the knee so they're good for short or tall women, and they are flattering for most figure types. I've seen some in lace that would pair really nicely with a dressy top.

My satin pants aren't going on our next cruise. They became a wrinkled mess after sitting in them for a few hours. I will have to save them for a cruiseship that has a laundry room /iron close to our cabin.

Just be aware that sparkly tops leave sparkles all over!! Bring a lint roller to alleviate that issue!

My satin pants aren't going on our next cruise. They became a wrinkled mess after sitting in them for a few hours. I will have to save them for a cruiseship that has a laundry room /iron close to our cabin.

Just be aware that sparkly tops leave sparkles all over!! Bring a lint roller to alleviate that issue!

I'm looking for a dress to wear to my son's wedding (in 3 weeks):eek: and I can't find anything I like. The one dress that I liked the style of, had that awful glitter all over it. I refused to even try it on. Never fails to see women at dressy occasions wearing glitter on their faces and leaving a trail of glitter behind them like Hansel and Gretel!:rolleyes:

I'm looking for a dress to wear to my son's wedding (in 3 weeks):eek: and I can't find anything I like. The one dress that I liked the style of, had that awful glitter all over it. I refused to even try it on. Never fails to see women at dressy occasions wearing glitter on their faces and leaving a trail of glitter behind them like Hansel and Gretel!:rolleyes:

Look at Nordstrom--great dresses with no glitter!

Look at Nordstrom--great dresses with no glitter!

It's on my list for Monday. The bride's mom is wearing a champagne colored silk dress with jacket. I'm finding it hard to find things that are equal dressiness in a different color. I'll probably end up in a suit. I always thought the groom's mother's job was to "wear beige and keep quiet"..... she took my beige!:o;):)

At my wedding, my mom wore sage green and I'm pretty sure my MIL wore champagne (I just asked my husband and he said "what's "champagne"? Ah, men....:p) I hope you find a dress you like!

As for black pants - I have a pair of capris that are poly but look like a silk shantung (would love silk shantung - but poly I can wash in the machine:D) I also have a knee length lace (over solid black underskirt) skirt (it's not pencil shape - that looks bad on me - it's more a slight a-line) I've also worn a colored skirt with different tops (have a rose colored St. John skirt I wear with a cream St John evening suit jacket & shell, as well as with a black satin shell)

Thank you ladies for your help. I am going to have a look for some palazzo pants (not sure if that is what they are called here but will look on the web), something I haven't thought of trying before and some satin look capris. For some reason skirts never look good on me but I do wear lots of dresses which look great!!

Happy Cruising

Beverly:)

Since I've been in every store in Virginia looking for a dress for the wedding, I can tell you that the department stores are currently chocked full of long black skirts, palazzo pants, car wash pants and fancy tops to match. I wouldn't have thought that they would be so prevalent in the summer, but I assure you they are there!:)

Since I've been in every store in Virginia looking for a dress for the wedding, I can tell you that the department stores are currently chocked full of long black skirts, palazzo pants, car wash pants and fancy tops to match. I wouldn't have thought that they would be so prevalent in the summer, but I assure you they are there!:)

Looks like Beverly is in Australia;)

Since I've been in every store in Virginia looking for a dress for the wedding, I can tell you that the department stores are currently chocked full of long black skirts, palazzo pants, car wash pants and fancy tops to match. I wouldn't have thought that they would be so prevalent in the summer, but I assure you they are there!:)[/quote

I have been looking for a long straight black skirt for over a year. I have seen handkerchief hems, tea length, etc. I would like silk, fine wool or high quality poly. I'm not looking for cheap. I finally settled for palazzo pants, but still need the skirt.

Since I've been in every store in Virginia looking for a dress for the wedding, I can tell you that the department stores are currently chocked full of long black skirts, palazzo pants, car wash pants and fancy tops to match. I wouldn't have thought that they would be so prevalent in the summer, but I assure you they are there!:)[/quote

I have been looking for a long straight black skirt for over a year. I have seen handkerchief hems, tea length, etc. I would like silk, fine wool or high quality poly. I'm not looking for cheap. I finally settled for palazzo pants, but still need the skirt.

See if any of these would work:

http://www.dillards.com/product/J.R.-Nites-ALine-Satin-Skirt_301_-1_301_500977220?splashlink=dd_w_tc1_dressesspecialoccasion_060111

http://www.dillards.com/product/Violet-Kay-FloralJacquard-Skirt_301_-1_301_502296664?splashlink=dd_w_tc1_dressesspecialoccasion_060111

http://www.dillards.com/product/Alex-Evenings-Chiffon-ALine-Skirt_301_-1_301_501066678?splashlink=dd_w_tc1_dressesspecialoccasion_060111

Archived