Carry on Golf Clubs

shellgoodman

My DH needs to bring his clubs with him for a pre-cruise conference and they are brand new. He doesn't want to check the clubs with the porters and wants to carry them on along with his laptop. Will the screeners let the golf clubs in or would they make him check them?

I know that is a pain in the you know what to carry them on. Luckily our room is in the lido deck so after lunch he could just wheel them down to the room.

The only other choice is to drop them off at our post-cruise hotel before we sent sail. We are staying at the Boca Beach Club which I believe my DH told me is a Waldorf Astoria so hopefully they'd be safe.

Not sure what to do.

As long as they fit through the screening machine he would be okay but I some how doubt they will go. Personally, I would call your post hotel and ask if you can check them there if he is not going to be using them on the cruise. They will be a pain lugging around plus they would be in your way in the cabin - even if you put them in a closet they will take up scads if room.

My 25 inch long suitcase was deemed too long, the wheels stuck out 1/2 inch in the bin they measured it. fit thru the xray scanner just fine other times.

Mach says they got rid of the bin to measure suitcases .. it should fit longways, but it seems to vary if they would allow them to be carried on.

They are allowed but are going to be very disruptive until you can get to your cabin. I would suggest waiting until after 1:30 to board the ship so that they can go right to the cabin, or since they seem to be high end buy a hard sided travel case that can be locked and just check them like regular luggage.

As long as they fit through the screening machine he would be okay but I some how doubt they will go. Personally, I would call your post hotel and ask if you can check them there if he is not going to be using them on the cruise. They will be a pain lugging around plus they would be in your way in the cabin - even if you put them in a closet they will take up scads if room.

If thats the rule, why wouldnt Carnival say so .. instead of giving dimensions.

I know I have a thin suitcase, cheapie, that easily fits thru the xray machine, and two ports have said no. So, this isnt really the rule, and just maybe a rule of thumb.

The clubs are going to be in a travel case, right?

If that's the case, I don't see any reason why they can't be checked. Your husbands clubs are not the first, nor will they be the last to ever be checked.

He's checking them on the plane, isn't he?

My DH needs to bring his clubs with him for a pre-cruise conference and they are brand new. He doesn't want to check the clubs with the porters and wants to carry them on along with his laptop. Will the screeners let the golf clubs in or would they make him check them?

I know that is a pain in the you know what to carry them on. Luckily our room is in the lido deck so after lunch he could just wheel them down to the room.

The only other choice is to drop them off at our post-cruise hotel before we sent sail. We are staying at the Boca Beach Club which I believe my DH told me is a Waldorf Astoria so hopefully they'd be safe.

Not sure what to do.

I would assume that you could drop them off at the Waldorf Astoria without any problems. I would call in advance to double check. DH once bought a set of golf clubs while staying out in Vegas at the Mirage Hotel. They allowed him to luggage check them for 3 weeks which was the next time he would be out there to golf. :) He didn't have enough room in his travel case to fit both his old set and his new set. He didn't want to check his old clubs on the plane without a hard case to protect them. I personally wouldn't bring them with me on the cruise unless he was planning on a golf excursion. They take up too much room! :)

Archived