Spirit - Deck plan error

bentpilot

I wonder how common this is? The deck plan on Carnival's website shows a cabin capable of sleeping 4 (cabin 6279), however, when I went to book, Carnival said the deck plan was wrong and the cabin could only sleep 2.

Too bad Carnival can not fix the deck plan online.

We have always used www.cruisedeckplans.com to view deck plans.

.....lists 6279 as holding up to 3 people in the description on the right hand side of the page. The actual deck plans are the ones from Carnival and the have the symbol for 4 people in that cabin.

So which one is right?

:confused:

wasiii

It could be that the deck plans are right, but the ship is close to capacity so they are limiting the number of triples or quads that are allowed to book at max capacity. Not sure if this is what's happening in your case, but I've heard of it happening before.

I wonder how common this is? The deck plan on Carnival's website shows a cabin capable of sleeping 4 (cabin 6279), however, when I went to book, Carnival said the deck plan was wrong and the cabin could only sleep 2.

Too bad Carnival can not fix the deck plan online.

We stayed in 6279 on the Pride. It does indeed sleep 4. Two twin beds, a convertible sofa and a bunk that comes out of the ceiling. I could be wrong but it was my understanding that all rooms in a class of ship are the same. If you can book this room it's great. We had it in May, and have booked it again for our cruise in Dec '12. I also checked the deck plan website which says sleeps three. However it also says premium balcony rooms have a wrap around balcony and 6279 does not have that.

Whatever Carnival says when you try to book the cruise either directly or through a travel agent. Pick out a few cabins before making the call, so you are prepared.

.....lists 6279 as holding up to 3 people in the description on the right hand side of the page. The actual deck plans are the ones from Carnival and the have the symbol for 4 people in that cabin.

So which one is right?

:confused:

wasiii

• 3 weeks later...

An update that proves my old adage, keep trying until you get the answer you want...

I inititally made my reservation with Carnival, and saved the exstension # for the Carnival agent I booked with (who was very helpful).

I called back on a weekend when he was not working, and just took the 'next in line' cutomer service agent to see about upgrading my cabin (from a standard blacony to a superior balcony). Each time (I called three seperate days and spoke with three differnt Customer Serive agents) I was told that the floor plan says the cabin sleeps 4, but when the Agent tried to book four of us, the "computer" would not allow the reservation.

After a week, I decided to try my original agent that I originally booked with. No problems, booked the four of us. :)

Weird!

Archived