"Drink" story that still makes me chuckle

They offer it on "Italian" night in the dining room. In years past it has been offered along with dessert, but the last two cruises they offered it early and kept filling the glasses. :D I like it that way!

The original glasses were different colors and had a ball as a base, like a martini glass, but the last couple of years they have been frosted glasses with nautical symbols on them. I have given sets as gifts, along with a bottle of limoncello. Trader Joes sells it.;)

Ok that explains it. We choose Italian night to eat at Sabatini's and they didn’t offer that there. The first style glass you described is what I have eight of. I collected them in 2006. They came around every night offering a different Cordial and the girl was quite persuasive. I have never been offered this since.

I brought back a martini glass from our last cruise, if it wasn't 9am right now I'd go make myself a martini to test your theory.

I believe that martinis are not just for breakfast. Go ahead and indulge:D

Those limoncello shot glasses are always the ones I end up with ... still the best bargain on the ship, especially if you have a waiter who is trying to empty a bottle! Even got my mother to take shots with us!

DW as more of them than does Princess. Why? I dunno. Do we ever use them? Never. Is the limoncello any good? Not even close to the stuff I make myself.

When do they offer the lemoncello and what does the glass look like? I have never been offered this. It could be a whole new collection for me.

They are the same glasses you get at the wine tasting. I have several each of these 4 but CC members tell me there are 6 different glasses. (I've never seen the2 others)

BTW- I LOVED the limoncello !!!!!!!!!

062311_07431(2).jpg.6644f2de839acdcb284a28b95b76418d.jpg

I would have told her to keep her drink and her glass to. :mad:

Yes, we would have done the same.

Last year when we where on another line, doing some shopping in the boutique, my husband spotted a display of men's hats with a "sale" sign hanging over the display. Don't recall the price now but it looked like a good deal so we picked up a couple of hats and went to pay for them. At the register, the price was double. Apparently the display sign was for something else per the sales person. We felt it, the display, was missleading and insisted on seeing the store manager. They sold us the hats for the sale price and removed the sign.

Yes, we would have done the same.

Last year when we where on another line, doing some shopping in the boutique, my husband spotted a display of men's hats with a "sale" sign hanging over the display. Don't recall the price now but it looked like a good deal so we picked up a couple of hats and went to pay for them. At the register, the price was double. Apparently the display sign was for something else per the sales person. We felt it, the display, was missleading and insisted on seeing the store manager. They sold us the hats for the sale price and removed the sign.

It brings back a memory of our first Princess sailing some time back and as we entered the ship they had drinks on a tray & they would pleasantly ask you if you would like one and as each person would pick up a drink thinking they were complementary they would ask for their cruise card. Of course people were embarrassed to put the drink back on the tray and paid the price for their watered down drink. They pretty much do the same thing today but at least they don't let the people take it first.

Archived