In room beverages - Marina

chrislcruise

We have cruised Regents, Silverseas and Seabourn and love that they are all inclusive. We want to try a cruise on Oceania's Marina and wondered if we could purchase bottles of spirits for drinks in our cabin?

Thanks.

Yes, you may either buy bottles from the cruise line, or bring on your own if you prefer that. Oceania does not limit the amount of spirits that you bring on for in cabin use.

Further, if you've booked one of the big Suites ( i.e. Oceania, Vista or Owners Suites) you will find a one time 6 bottle set-up waiting in your room when you arrive:

Johnny Walker Black Scotch Whiskey

Grey Goose Vodka

Bombay Sapphire Gin

Bacardi Superior Rum

white wine bottle

red wine bottle

Yes, you may either buy bottles from the cruise line, or bring on your own if you prefer that. Oceania does not limit the amount of spirits that you bring on for in cabin use.

Further, if you've booked one of the big Suites ( i.e. Oceania, Vista or Owners Suites) you will find a one time 6 bottle set-up waiting in your room when you arrive:

Grey Goose Vodka

Bombay Sapphire Gin

Bacardi Superior Rum

white wine bottle

red wine bottle

Is that free? Can it be given to other pax (or crew members) if we don't drink? I'd hate to have it go to waste if its part of the suite deal. :)

S&L

Is that free? Can it be given to other pax (or crew members) if we don't drink? I'd hate to have it go to waste if its part of the suite deal. :)

S&L

The Bar set up is most decidedly not free. but it is included in your cruise fare.

You may do whatever you like with it.

S&L

Would not recommend giving "it" to the crew - strictly against their rules and could get the crew member into trouble, AFAIK.

Would not recommend giving "it" to the crew - strictly against their rules and could get the crew member into trouble, AFAIK.

Didn't think of that. I was just thinking it might be a way to show they are appreciated in addition to the normal tipping. Especially since we have no use for it.

Hey, I know...maybe we can exchange it for Internet usage. :D

S&L

Didn't think of that. I was just thinking it might be a way to show they are appreciated in addition to the normal tipping. Especially since we have no use for it.

Hey, I know...maybe we can exchange it for Internet usage. :D

S&L

Why not have a cocktail party in your room?

You'll already have the liquor, the mixers and nibbles are included in your cruise fare, and the butler can bar tend!

It's a wonderful way to meet people and everybody loves seeing the suites first hand.

Why not have a cocktail party in your room?

You'll already have the liquor, the mixers and nibbles are included in your cruise fare, and the butler can bar tend!

It's a wonderful way to meet people and everybody loves seeing the suites first hand.

Yepper, thought about that as well. It would certainly be a way to spend one of those @sea nights.

S&L

...Can it be given to other pax ...if we don't drink? I'd hate to have it go to waste if its part of the suite deal. :)

S&L

No problem, S&L...just send it over to MY suite...

Grey Goose Vodka

Bombay Sapphire Gin

Bacardi Superior Rum

white wine bottle

red wine bottle

Anyone want to trade their Black Label for a bottle of Bombay Gin??

;) ;)

;) ;)

Although Oceania says "no exchanges", our butler was very happy to exchange anything we did not want for what we wanted.:)

;) ;)

Steve-

Vista or Owners? Either way it will be heaven after 14 days of running all over Iceland an Norway!

Remember, the Oceania Suite life is addictive......you may never want to see a standard cabin again. :rolleyes:

Steve-

Vista or Owners? Either way it will be heaven after 14 days of running all over Iceland an Norway!

Remember, the Oceania Suite life is addictive......you may never want to see a standard cabin again. :rolleyes:

It's an Oceania Suite on Marina...

And it's not the Iceland cruise...it's 16 nights Dover to Rome...

And I know the suites are nice...but I won't have a problem going back to a standard cabin...For me, ANY cabin on the ship beats going to work every day...

It's an Oceania Suite on Marina...

And it's not the Iceland cruise...it's 16 nights Dover to Rome...

Those are my favorite suites (not that I have stayed in one - just saw it on a cabin crawl).

Congrats again & enjoy!

I phrased it badly, but what I was trying to say is that after your 14 days in Northern Europe on the Eclipse in July, you will find your 16 days on the Marina in August very relaxing, especially in those sexy digs.

092445.jpg

092435.jpg

092924.jpg

Have a Happy!

The butler will provide alternatives to the included bar provided on larger suites? On which sailing did that happen? Is that something we can count on? As a bourbon drinker, that would be well received!

The butler will provide alternatives to the included bar provided on larger suites? On which sailing did that happen? Is that something we can count on? As a bourbon drinker, that would be well received!

If you've sailed in one of those suites, then you know that the butlers always try to accommodate, but trading the liquor out cannot be counted on, because the official policy is no substitutions.

The way I look at it, the stocked bar is more of a convenience if I want to entertain than my own private stock. ;)

I think that the value of this is a matter of personal priorities. On Oceania, we only have sailed in OS and have two future bookings OS and VS. We are not big on lounge sitting but look forward to a drink or two before dinner in the suite. Since calling for the butler is a bit of a pain, I stock the bar by carrying on supplies - also a bit of a pain! The prospect of having some flexibility (Wild Turkey?)really looked good. I just would like to know whether to carry on or not.

Has anyone out there had success in getting this flexibility even though it is contrary to the established policy? Is it possible that they have re-thought this but want to avoid pre-cruise selection?

Archived