Jokes about Carnival Cruise Lines while on Other Line's Cruise

EJKorvette

LOL......Really????? Your own brand ambassador loves to not only ridicule other cruise lines but also the customers of his own cruise line when he's not talking about his hemorrhoids or sitting around in his underwear. Not sure why you continue to cruise with Carnival or is it due to your blind allegiance to Carnival?

I think I have to say, i dont agree with some of the more degrading so called jokes poked at the passangers. Dig all ya like at the cruise line itself, it's all in good fun. But start bashing the passangers, thats just not funny. Alot of people start out on Carnival and branch out to the other lines. Coming from the CD or another crew member.

Let the comedians do and say what they like. it's their job.

As for JH's humor. You either get it, or you dont. Pretty simple really.

Can't remember hearing any jokes about other lines. I do enjoy the cliched comedian jokes about being on a ship, the sound of the flush, when do we eat again, size of cabin etc. I still laugh although I've heard them over and over. One can identify with each and every one of them.

just look at the political ads!

They show alot of class dont they?

Joking around is one thing, but It's always been my rule that a businessman should never publicly badmouth his competition, customers view it as unprofessional . If a company's work or product sucks, the competition wont have to step all over thier name.. word of mouth from customers will do it for you.

It's always been my rule that a businessman should never publicly badmouth his competition, customers view it as unprofessional . If a company's work or product sucks, the competition wont have to step all over thier name.. word of mouth from customers will do it for you.

I agree :)

You have a business following due to a great product, not to verbally tearing down the competition.

What the comedians say is neither here now there, however I don't think Crew (like Cruise Directors) should bad mouth other lines or their passengers. It is a total turn off.

Exactly, Kind of like knowing that not all Bar-B-Q is smoked over wood. Or that only Texans know how to "Kill it and Grill It". :D

Except what JH took and wrote was only about 25 of the original post, the rest he just added himself. In other words he lied.:eek:

this is because these other lines HAVE NO CLASS!!! plus its kind of free advertising for carnival. This is how "professional" these other lines are. a comdedian...i can understand jokes, but as far as cruise directors, staff and especiall a captain bad mouthing another company makes me understand how ****ty their business is

this is because these other lines HAVE NO CLASS!!! plus its kind of free advertising for carnival. This is how "professional" these other lines are. a comdedian...i can understand jokes, but as far as cruise directors, staff and especiall a captain bad mouthing another company makes me understand how ****ty their business is

Spoken like a true Carnival cheerleader.:rolleyes:

no different from a carnival brand ambassador publicly attacking carnival customers on his blog and facebbok page, passively inviting others to attack too.

at least he got smart by dropping peoples real names finally.

and, wasn't it you that just today called one of your fellow carival cruisers "ignorant, with a pitiful life", over there?

John does not ATTACK anyone.

He merely points out their blatantly stupidity.

YES< I state the obvious. If people can't stand the TRUTH, then they need to leave the kitchen!!

HUGE difference...I have never done anything to RCCL to EARN such ridicule.

If people dont' want to be called ignorant...then they need to stop ACTING LIKE IT.

YES< I state the obvious. If people can't stand the TRUTH, then they need to leave the kitchen!!

LOL.....I guess those comments must have hit close to home to get someone so upset. You're 100% correct, if you can stand the truth or heat then get out of the kitchen. And I can see why you don't have an issue with John. After all you're booked on one of his upcoming cult cruises. Those people are scary.

I don't see what the big deal is. Carnival / RCI / Princess... they're all competitiors. If they want to joke about each other, that's fine by me. I'm sure I've heard jokes about Princess' "shopping cart" ships on both Carnival and RCI. As most of us know, this was apparently a sore subject for Princess and they've begun to relocate their "cart handle" elsewhere.

John Heald -- who's blog I enjoy reading -- has made fun of / said negative things about RC in the past. I've heard jokes about RC on Carnival ships and jokes about Carnival on RC ships. I don't really care.

I do agree with LHP that its stupid / out of bounds for a cruise director to mock another ship's passengers over the PA system when the two ships are parked next to each other. That's not necessary. I do think it's fun, however, when cruise directors on nearby ships will engage in a little rivalry and get their passengers to yell / chant things back and forth. I've seen that on a number of occasions and its good, clean fun.

I don't see what the big deal is. Carnival / RCI / Princess... they're all competitiors. If they want to joke about each other, that's fine by me. I'm sure I've heard jokes about Princess' "shopping cart" ships on both Carnival and RCI. As most of us know, this was apparently a sore subject for Princess and they've begun to relocate their "cart handle" elsewhere.

John Heald -- who's blog I enjoy reading -- has made fun of / said negative things about RC in the past. I've heard jokes about RC on Carnival ships and jokes about Carnival on RC ships. I don't really care.

I do agree with LHP that its stupid / out of bounds for a cruise director to mock another ship's passengers over the PA system when the two ships are parked next to each other. That's not necessary. I do think it's fun, however, when cruise directors on nearby ships will engage in a little rivalry and get their passengers to yell / chant things back and forth. I've seen that on a number of occasions and its good, clean fun.

Agreed.

If people dont' want to be called ignorant...then they need to stop ACTING LIKE IT.

then why did he apologize after doing so?

and what company representative points out their customers stupidity?

perhaps it's time to eat out exclusively.

then why did he apologize after doing so?

and what company representative points out their customers stupidity?

perhaps it's time to eat out exclusively.

His "apologizes" are tongue and cheek.

Just like in the South we say "well, bless your heart".

And what Cruise Directors and other staff on Cruise Ships have to deal with is what the Blog is all about. That is why it was started.

Btw, a truly HONEST person would point out that while they may not always agree with my "opinion"....I am consistant.

I am just as hard on John, Beards and even Carnival itself...when warrantied.

His "apologizes" are tongue and cheek.

Just like in the South we say "well, bless your heart".

And what Cruise Directors and other staff on Cruise Ships have to deal with is what the Blog is all about. That is why it was started.

that's not what he told me. did he tell you something different?

and that is not why it was started. go back to his first blog.

btw, it's a bit creepy that you are thinking and speaking for him.

LOL.....I guess those comments must have hit close to home to get someone so upset. You're 100% correct, if you can stand the truth or heat then get out of the kitchen. And I can see why you don't have an issue with John. After all you're booked on one of his upcoming cult cruises. Those people are scary.

How foolish you are going to feel when you realize that I am someone who comes down just as hard on John .....

Just a month ago, I told John (and I quote) "stop peeing on my leg and trying to convince me it is raining"....when the beards were hedging on a question.

Does that sound like I have never had an "issue" with John?

(here is a rag to wipe that egg off your face)

My last RCI cruise was on the Freedom of the Seas and we had the famous Richard Spacey (I would say Ken Rush is the most famous, but in his mind he's not even a human, he's well beyond that). I enjoyed Richard Spacey's humor, but he did like to hurl the insults at Carnival. Every time something didn't go exactly as planned, his go to line was, "Well, I guess I'm going to be working for Carnival now."

I saw a video on YouTube of a "Captain's Corner" question and answer session on the Oasis of the Seas. It was basically Captain William Wright (VP of Marine Operations) and some senior officers answering questions from various passengers. At one point, they got on the topic of how they were docked with the then-brand-new Carnival Dream. Ken Rush was very quick to pipe in and said he wanted to rename the ship the Carnival Dream On. I thought it was kind of classless. Not everyone wants to go on a floating housing development.

How foolish you are going to feel when you realize that I am someone who comes down just as hard on John .....

Just a month ago, I told John (and I quote) "stop peeing on my leg and trying to convince me it is raining"....when the beards were hedging on a question.

Does that sound like I have never had an "issue" with John?

(here is a rag to wipe that egg off your face)

Keep your rag. Don't need it. I know what I know and your comments will not sway me.

Just means they are the competition. No biggie.

NCL to me is a step down .. so its no threat to anyone.

Iv heard jokes about RCL on Carnival too, and put downs...

How is ncl a step down?

Archived