Jokes about Carnival Cruise Lines while on Other Line's Cruise

EJKorvette

Yeah, I have absolutely no desire to go on the Oasis or the Allure or the Epic. There is such a thing as too big.

You're absolutely entitled to your opinion and I respect it. However, having actually sailed Oasis (and going back in a few weeks), I respectfully disagree.

I haven't sailed Allure or Epic yet, but I can tell you that the Oasis is a beautiful ship. Yes, some people don't enjoy all of the walking and find it too big. Calling that beautiful ship "a floating housing development" though is a bit silly. (Check out some photo reviews if you don't believe me.)

that's not what he told me. did he tell you something different?

and that is not why it was started. go back to his first blog.

btw, it's a bit creepy that you are thinking and speaking for him.

Creepy is having multiple names here and on Healds Facebook page.

I have heard jokes about other cruise lines on the different lines I have cruised over the years. Most are funny except for my last NCL cruise a month ago. The cruise director made such a tasteless joke about HAL and the line's clients that no one laughed.

The funniest ribbing of RCL I ever heard was done by the Empress of the Seas' Captain who referred to the Empress as the RCI yacht and proceeded to made hilarious one liners about RCI's trend to mega ships.

I still use his reference to "Beehive of the Seas."

Actually it shows up as teeny tiny for me as well.

As for the jokes, try living in a mobile home. You really need thick skin.

Course it is comfortable, nice and completely paid for. My mortgage payments go to vacations.

That makes two of us. So we make our own jokes about ourselves.:)

Kathy

Do You Mean The Jokes About The "Walmart of the Seas"

Or The Jokes about "Frat House of the Seas"

Are You...

We are usually Princess cruisers, but Princess is not offering any Caribbean cruises from May to October, and due to timing, etc., we had to cruise end of May. So we chose Carnival Destiny based on timing, itinerary and price. It's the "Walmart of the Seas" that scares the beejeebees out of me :eek:

But I'm sure we'll have a good time...because that's how we roll...I mean sail. :D

no different from a carnival brand ambassador publicly attacking carnival customers on his blog and facebbok page, passively inviting others to attack too.

at least he got smart by dropping peoples real names finally.

and, wasn't it you that just today called one of your fellow carival cruisers "ignorant, with a pitiful life", over there?

I was shocked at JH facebook today by his attach on a Carnival customer and by mentioning names of persons who post here. As usual his attach was mild but by posting what he did his loyal fans managed to blast the customer. Perhaps she was wrong but no need to absolutely mean and call a person stupid. She could be your mother, cousin or aunt. She is a human being. I do think it's very unkind of him to contstantly refer in H82 in a snarley manner that is not in good taste. I no longer feel I can post on the facebook or blog as anytime I have made a comment I was crucified and my remarks were passive. It really got wild and mean when John was on vacation it was merciless and out of control. The f word is not acceptable language on any post or blog.

Yeah, I have absolutely no desire to go on the Oasis or the Allure or the Epic. There is such a thing as too big.

Don't knock it till you've tried it! I thought the same thing then was blown away by both the Oasis and the Allure. They're really perfect for someone who has been to the Caribbean multiple times and isn't really going for the ports anymore. The ship is a destination in itself!

I've been on both Carnival and Royal Caribbean cruises in which Disney Cruise Line was joked about. I remember one comedian - "Have you heard their horn? Everytime they pull away - 'it's a small world afterall'"

I am a big Disney fan, but I laughed (the horn actually plays "when you wish upon a star" just in case you haven't heard it).

It's all lighthearted fun. If they weren't competition, they wouldn't even be worth mentioning.

They can laugh all they want... I'm doing 2 cruises in one year, vs 1 cruise in 2 years... and that makes me happy.

That's my attitude when I hear about jokes at Carnival's expense. And when you're at the top of the heap, the more those below you are going to try to bring you down. I'm happy when I'm on a Carnival cruise, and I'm cruising for less than they are on other lines for essentially the same cruise. Are there things that I would love to see on a Carnival ship that it doesn't have? Sure. But I'm still having fun.

I've been on both Carnival and Royal Caribbean cruises in which Disney Cruise Line was joked about. I remember one comedian - "Have you heard their horn? Everytime they pull away - 'it's a small world afterall'"

I am a big Disney fan, but I laughed (the horn actually plays "when you wish upon a star" just in case you haven't heard it).

It's all lighthearted fun. If they weren't competition, they wouldn't even be worth mentioning.

Disney is so unique. Love those horns.

That's my attitude when I hear about jokes at Carnival's expense. And when you're at the top of the heap, the more those below you are going to try to bring you down. I'm happy when I'm on a Carnival cruise, and I'm cruising for less than they are on other lines for essentially the same cruise. Are there things that I would love to see on a Carnival ship that it doesn't have? Sure. But I'm still having fun.

First of all Carnival the cruise line is not at the top of the heap. The Carnival Corporation may be the largest but that doesn't mean the best. Wal Mart and McDonalds are huge but they are no where near the best in their industry.

Unless you have tried other cruise lines........you have no idea how they match up with Carnival. If cheap and inexpensive is your game then usually Carnival is the best in town at delivering. If you want something better then there are other cruise lines that provide that also.;)

We just got back from a week-long cruise on a ship on another line. One thing that surprised me is all the jokes that were made at Carnival's expense by the various entertainment acts, the Cruise Director, the Captain, and almost anyone else that spoke in an official capacity. It wasn't a constant thing, but I was still surprised to hear Carnival mentioned by name.

Now I have only been on three cruises, and never on a Carnival one. So I don't know. How did Carnival come to have such an unsavory reputation that the competition can joke about Carnival?

Has anyone else noticed this while sailing on other cruise lines?

They are trying to make people think that their higher prices are justified. We sailed on Celebrity once and the main differences were the very upscale (expensive) shops and the number of tuxes and evening gowns at dinner. About the only thing that really impressed me was that they had a naturalist on board that who held sessions to point out and explain the various things that we might experience.

I was shocked at JH facebook today by his attach on a Carnival customer and by mentioning names of persons who post here. As usual his attach was mild but by posting what he did his loyal fans managed to blast the customer. Perhaps she was wrong but no need to absolutely mean and call a person stupid. She could be your mother, cousin or aunt. She is a human being. I do think it's very unkind of him to contstantly refer in H82 in a snarley manner that is not in good taste. I no longer feel I can post on the facebook or blog as anytime I have made a comment I was crucified and my remarks were passive. It really got wild and mean when John was on vacation it was merciless and out of control. The f word is not acceptable language on any post or blog.

For better or worse that is his sense of humor.

We just got back from a week-long cruise on a ship on another line. One thing that surprised me is all the jokes that were made at Carnival's expense by the various entertainment acts, the Cruise Director, the Captain, and almost anyone else that spoke in an official capacity. It wasn't a constant thing, but I was still surprised to hear Carnival mentioned by name.

Now I have only been on three cruises, and never on a Carnival one. So I don't know. How did Carnival come to have such an unsavory reputation that the competition can joke about Carnival?

Define "joke" and/or give us an example. I don't think I've ever heard any jokes about Carnival on other cruise lines but I've heard plenty of rude comments/insults!! :eek: :( And no, I have no idea why people think it's ok to be so rude!! :confused:

For better or worse that is his sense of humor.

You may refer to my post but if that is the case I'm sure that would not be the direction Carnival would take as many persons are turned off by foul language and put downs. I don't mean to put JH down ( his humor is different that what in this country we are used to) as I don't think he condones bad behavior but please be kind and don't condemn persons who may have a comment on what I was refering to. Thank you

I have heard negative things about Carnival from time to time, but I really don't get it. What's not to like about larger staterooms, comfy robes in your room, free soft-serve ice cream machines all over the ship...and more that I can't remember at the moment. :) The only thing I can think of that may contribute to the negative image may be the decor of the ships. Sometimes they are LOUD. But to me that doesn't matter at all. There are too many positives about the Carnival experience to worry about that. We are sailing out of Galveston on Sunday on Carnival Magic, and I can't wait!

Airlines make fun of each other. We had a neighbor who was a Delta pilot who loved to call Southwest a cattle call ( no booked seating.) It's competition.

Yup, Southwest gets a lot of crap (even though they are wildly successful, like Carnival). One of the recent pokes I heard is that "For every full Southwest flight, there's an empty trailer park somewhere"

When you're on top and the NUMBER ONE cruise line in the World . . . everybody has to take a shot at you. They don't realize it, but its the most sincere form of corporate flattery.:)

They use the word CHEAP . . . we use the word VALUE.

Incidentally, I've saved THOUSAND$ of DOLLAR$ over the years shopping at WalMart for identical products that sometimes cost 2 to 3 times as much elsewhere.:D

(and I speak very little Spanish) :rolleyes:

I agree :)

You have a business following due to a great product, not to verbally tearing down the competition.

What the comedians say is neither here now there, however I don't think Crew (like Cruise Directors) should bad mouth other lines or their passengers. It is a total turn off.

Dead on.

Knocking your competition is ACKNOWLEDGING the problems they create for you by being so competitive. I never do it . . . EVER.

Airlines make fun of each other. We had a neighbor who was a Delta pilot who loved to call Southwest a cattle call ( no booked seating.) It's competition.

Spirt airlines is "greyhound of the skys" due to the class of people it attracts. Sorry.. off topic.. :rolleyes:

Archived