Jokes about Carnival Cruise Lines while on Other Line's Cruise

EJKorvette

We just got back from a week-long cruise on a ship on another line. One thing that surprised me is all the jokes that were made at Carnival's expense by the various entertainment acts, the Cruise Director, the Captain, and almost anyone else that spoke in an official capacity. It wasn't a constant thing, but I was still surprised to hear Carnival mentioned by name.

Now I have only been on three cruises, and never on a Carnival one. So I don't know. How did Carnival come to have such an unsavory reputation that the competition can joke about Carnival?

Has anyone else noticed this while sailing on other cruise lines?

We just got back from a week-long cruise on a ship on another line. One thing that surprised me is all the jokes that were made at Carnival's expense by the various entertainment acts, the Cruise Director, the Captain, and almost anyone else that spoke in an official capacity. It wasn't a constant thing, but I was still surprised to hear Carnival mentioned by name.

Now I have only been on three cruises, and never on a Carnival one. So I don't know. How did Carnival come to have such an unsavory reputation that the competition can joke about Carnival?

i have heard it on all the lines.

when i worked at ejkorvettes in the 70's, the jokes were about kleins.

Been on 9 CCL cruises and have heard exactly 1 joke about other lines. So I'm sure it isn't to the level that you describe on the other line. I'm sure some here will tell you CCL does it all the time....they don't. It's childish IMO and some posters here reflect those other lines.

Been on 9 CCL cruises and have heard exactly 1 joke about other lines. So I'm sure it isn't to the level that you describe on the other line. I'm sure some here will tell you CCL does it all the time....they don't. It's childish IMO and some posters here reflect those other lines.

Serious dude:confused: John Heald makes fun of RCCL all the time:confused: It's all in good fun! Believe me if a Carnival ship sunk and RCCL was in the vicinity I have a feeling that they would come to the rescue:rolleyes: Too bad you can't purchase a sense of humor...

Yes they do. All cruise lines pick on each other

I always answer with, "Controls 50% of the cruise market, pays cash for their ships and buys up other cruise lines as if it were a hobby".

They can't shut up fast enough. :D

gary.....

you look like an interesting poster, but your font is so small. any way you can make it bigger?

The comedian on my first cruise (Carnival Dream) was joking about RCCL and the sheer size of the ships. He joked that if you go down to the 1st level, there's actually a bad neighborhood down there..it was funny, maybe you had to be there LOL. But it was all in good fun. We laughed, and moved on. It doesn't impact my view of RCCL. It is what it is.

gary.....

you look like an interesting poster, but your font is so small. any way you can make it bigger?

Thank you. I know (hope) you are joking as I used to make it even bigger. Maybe its because I have the fonts on the threads magnified for me. Sorry if its offensive.

Listen to commercials, read adds, and listen to employees talk and you will find this has nothing to do with just Carnival vs someone else but every business vs every other business!

just look at the political ads!

Thank you. I know (hope) you are joking as I used to make it even bigger. Maybe its because I have the fonts on the threads magnified for me. Sorry if its offensive.

Actually it shows up as teeny tiny for me as well.

As for the jokes, try living in a mobile home. You really need thick skin.

Course it is comfortable, nice and completely paid for. My mortgage payments go to vacations.

:p

Actually it shows up as teeny tiny for me as well.

As for the jokes, try living in a mobile home. You really need thick skin.

Course it is comfortable, nice and completely paid for. My mortgage payments go to vacations.

Love your Chair Hog sign,.

Its all in good fun. I have heard jokes on both lines making fun of the other. What I find even funnier than the jokes is when folks actually get offended (and subsequently defensive) because their favorite cruise line has been besmirched. There are those that invest waaaaay too much of their self esteem in their cruise line being better than the others.

Serious dude:confused: John Heald makes fun of RCCL all the time:confused: It's all in good fun! Believe me if a Carnival ship sunk and RCCL was in the vicinity I have a feeling that they would come to the rescue:rolleyes: Too bad you can't purchase a sense of humor...

I have had the great fortune of having John Heald as our CD three times. I have never even once heard an RCCL joke from him. So I guess it's not all the time.

I know one cruise line that loves loves loves to poke fun at CCL's expense, though it's not in a public (in front of passengers) fashion.

But in the way it is done . . . . it's hillarious (at least to some).

Archived