Booking flights tonight, out of San Juan return home

DKNE

I have a Q for you.

If we book our return flight out of SanJuan into Buffalo and the departure is 11:43 am, is that feasible ??? this would get us into Buffalo around 5:30pm.

Next flight is 2pm or 4 pm, both arriving around 9:45 pm !!!

Plus we would have to cross border, and drive home, so we wouldn't get home till maybe midnight then. The 11:43 am depart flight would be so much nicer!

I hear so many horror stories with leaving before a certain time from SanJuan.

I have also heard that the 'Canadian' line isn't as long as the US immigration lines.

Thoughts?? and Thanks ! :D

ok, just checked the itinerary and its 6am arrival in port.:D And its a Sunday we fly home too, so I am 'hoping' the terminal won't be as crowded as a Saturday !

Although i haven't done this myself yet, based on advice from others who have caught an early flight, it is possible for you to make the flight on time as long as you get off the ship as soon as possible. I would also check how many other ships are scheduled to dock that day before you book your flights.

Make sure you do self-assist so you can be one of the first ones off the ship. It s still no guarantee but it will give you more time.

I have the same troubles living in northern NY with getting home insanely late, but still I'd take the 2pm flight and do an airport transfer tour of Old San Juan. They take care of transporting your bags as well as taking you on a tour then bringing you to the airport. Usually available as a ship excursion but Shore Trips and other private tour companies do them as well.

San Juan airport is a mess on Sundays. It took us close to 3 hours to check in, and go through security. Don't forget to put your bags through the FDA scan F I R S T! Then you can go check you bags.

Archived