Park and Cruise

bc cruiser

We are sailing on the dream 09/10/11 and was wondering if anyone has some suggestions for lodging with park and cruise. We would like to park our new car in a secured place. We live in the panhandle of florida, so we usually don't go to port until sail date, but the 9th is our 44 wedding anniversary so plan on going a day earlier. Thanks for any help you can provide. We are old in age but not spirit. We have sailed on other cruise lines but we love the fun ships.

This thread over on the departures board is probably your best bet. There are a number of locations that over a shuttle in the morning.

There have been some recent reviews about a park and cruise lot not affiliated with a hotel that is about $45 for the week at Port Canaveral.

Be sure that when you book though you book the "package" for the park and cruise. It tends to add a fairly significant amount to your room rate.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1119114

I did the cruise package at Radisson, but thought the security was minimal. They said they have the cars on close circuit tv they watch from the desk all the time. The cruise package includes the $10 pp breakfast and shuttle.

Country Inn and Suites also has parking and last time I heard you dont have to book the cruise package. Its newer.

Even Days Inn down across from Cocoa Beach has a cruise package .. depends on what you want to spend. Ron Juan? .. cant think of that surfing store .. they have a hotel in the area, that is a little pricey.

I suggest that you go to www.parksleepfly.com on the internet and you'll get some details about hotel accomodations and parking allowances, ;)

Only problem is the hotels for this are probably in Orlando not Port Canaveral for this particular cruise? Just guessing .. but have not had much luck with that site myself when Iv looked.

OP wants to cruise and park at the port an hour away from Orlando.

We were just on Dream 2 weeks ago. Some of the hotels had cars parked in big grass fields between the hotel and main road--no fences.

Here's a section on parking from my review:

We were going to park our car at the hotel for an additional $30, but the La Quinta doesn’t have a shuttle. I called about two weeks prior to the trip and found out that the average cost of transportation to the port would be about $20 for up to 4 people. Add another $20 to get back after the trip and the cost of parking/transportation was going to cost more than the hotel room. Luckily, I had read on Cruise Critic about the new Park ‘N Cruise on Sea Ray Drive just a few minutes from the port. I made a quick reservation online (which qualifies you for a 10% discount), and our parking arrangements were all set. The lot was surrounded by a tall fence with barbed wire on top, so there was no concern about safety. When we returned from the cruise, we walked right onto the shuttle and he delivered us to our car.

EMBARKATION DAY: After a short walk on the beach, we left the hotel about 10 AM on Saturday morning ready to start our trip! We drove right past the Dream on our way to the Park ‘N Cruise lot (which you’ll see on your left about 5 minutes before you get to the port if you are coming in from I-95). When we drove into their lot, a man greeted us and directed us into a hanger type building. As soon as we pulled inside, they were there ready to unload our luggage. As it turned out, we never touched our luggage again until we were in our cabin. While I paid the $53 dollars for the parking space, my wife boarded the shuttle bus while the attendant loaded our luggage. I then parked our car in the gravel lot right next to the exit. I liked that we could park our own car because I could leave plenty of space between our car and the van parked next to us.

How much does the park and ride cost?

We paid $53 after the 10% discount for reserving a space online. I got our room at the La Quinta Suites on the beach for $65 through Hotwire, so we paid less than most of those hotel/parking packages.

Last August we stayed at County Inn & Suites. I think it was about $150 including tax. I was going to pay almost that much just to park at the port. The room was nothing special, but was clean. Breakfast was included and was good. They provide a free shuttle for the first 2 guest. I think additional are charged. We were happy with the shuttle service and will be staying there again when we are at Pt. Canaveral. Hope you enjoy the Dream as much as we did.

As EMc&DrS...noted, Park n Cruise is a great deal versus the port. Also many other the PC and Cocoa beach hotels are now charging for shuttles for hotel guests as port charges for these vehicles have recently increased.

So unless you can get a park and cruise rate that is less than $53 more than a room at the same hotel without park and cruise, you're better off using the park n cruise facility.

And I agree about the use of parknfly when looking at Port Cananveral. Works great for Fort Lauderdale and so so for Miami (assuming you're willing to pay for the taxi ride too.

If you're coming don I-10 from Pensecola, save on tolls too. Don't head down I-75, jsut go on to I-295 then I-95 south. Similiar distance, less traffic. Take exit 205 for Rte 528 East, go about 8-9miles and just before the last causeway to Port Cananveral, exit on Banana River Drive, exit 52, hang left and it's your first left after crossing under Rte 528, Sea Ray Drive.

We are sailing on the dream 09/10/11 and was wondering if anyone has some suggestions for lodging with park and cruise. We would like to park our new car in a secured place. We live in the panhandle of florida, so we usually don't go to port until sail date, but the 9th is our 44 wedding anniversary so plan on going a day earlier. Thanks for any help you can provide. We are old in age but not spirit. We have sailed on other cruise lines but we love the fun ships.

We are sailing on the same cruise with you. Our group includes hubby and I, that have been married 32 years, and 3 other couples 1 of which will be celebrating their 50th anniversary tomorrow. A couple of us did the research and for our group we decided to go with the park -n- cruise lot on Sea Ray Drive. I read other reviews that even mentioned someone seeing their staff checking to see that cars that had covers on them stayed adequately ccovered following high winds in the area.

Hopefully, we'll bump into you on the cruise.:)

The Radisson at the Port is amazing. Good food. Good Pool. Great service. Cruised twice out of Port Canaveral and stayed there both times. Their cruise package includes buffet breakfast morning of the cruise, shuttle to and from the part and parking for your cruise

We've used Park n Cruise twice and the service has been great. They are so close to the port and usually have 2 shuttles running--at least on the days when more than one ship is sailing-- so service is quick.

They are $6.99 per day, there is no extra service charge and unlike some of the off port lots don't charge for extra unneeded days. Some will charge 5 days for a 4 day cruise, or 8 days for a 7 day cruise.

Just booked an ocean view balcony at the Hampton Inn, Cocoa beach. It is 4 miles from the port and includes parking and round trip shuttle for 2 for $129 plus tax. I have stayed and left my car at the Radisson, Residence Inn, and Country Inns. All were fine, but we like Hampton Inn.

Archived