Hotels in New York close to cruise terminal...

bankonus

We are sailing June 15th 2012 on the Carnival Miracle from New York. Would love any advice on affordable nice hotels close to the cruise terminal with restaurants within walking distance. We will be having a wedding on the ship before sail away and will probably be booking several rooms at this hotel. With many people possibly staying there, we would love to be able to walk and find places to eat. Even better would be transportation provided from the hotel to the cruise terminal! I can dream right? Thanks for all your answers it's greatly appreciated.

We stayed at The Hotel at Times Square in June 2010 before a cruise to Bermuda. Wonderful location-great free breakfast with true NY bagels. Inexpensive by NY prices. Check out Apple Core hotels.

Close to cruise port -no transportation provided but cab was not very expensive

We are sailing June 15th 2012 on the Carnival Miracle from New York. Would love any advice on affordable nice hotels close to the cruise terminal with restaurants within walking distance. We will be having a wedding on the ship before sail away and will probably be booking several rooms at this hotel. With many people possibly staying there, we would love to be able to walk and find places to eat. Even better would be transportation provided from the hotel to the cruise terminal! I can dream right? Thanks for all your answers it's greatly appreciated.

The Holiday Inn Midtown is on 57th Street, just a few blocks from the terminal. I stayed there before, and it's a great hotel for a good price.

The Holiday Inn Midtown is on 57th Street, just a few blocks from the terminal. I stayed there before, and it's a great hotel for a good price.

We just stayed at the Staybridge Suites in Times Square price was like $250 short ride to the terminal

Any place in Manhattan will be fine for a cab ride to the terminal. If you are booking several rooms, definitely focus on the cost of the room, rather than transportation to the pier.

Try the Upper West Side for affordable hotel rooms with a ton of restaurants within walking distance. From this neighborhood to the pier is a cab ride of about $10-15.

I recently stayed at the Skyline Hotel. It is walking distance from Times Square, terminal and plently of restaurants. It has an indoor pool, clean and very inexpensive. We paid $158 per night! Let me know if you would like any other details.....

Thank you all so much for the leads. Great advice from those who have visited or live in the area. Just trying to keep the costs down for our guests who are having to travel in for the wedding and some who will be taking the cruise with us. Thanks again!!

Forgive my ignorance' date=' but never have sailed out of New York. Is the terminal you re describing the same as the Brooklyn terminal I think the call Redhook or something like that (very senior moment).[/quote']

Good Question! CCL & NCL sail from the Hudson River, 12th Av and mid fifties st. I can recall looking down at the Intrepid from the Legend's Lido deck pre sail a few yrs back. In Redhook, on the East River, you have Cunard and other extra large ships. In Bayonne, you have RCCL.

Good Question! CCL & NCL sail from the Hudson River, 12th Av and mid fifties st. I can recall looking down at the Intrepid from the Legend's Lido deck pre sail a few yrs back. In Redhook, on the East River, you have Cunard and other extra large ships. In Bayonne, you have RCCL.

Thank you. Very interesting, never would have known there are different terminals on the East coast for different cruise lines.

We stayed in New Jersey and rode the bus in for 2.00 pp which took us to the port authority bus terminal and got a cab from there. The bus takes 10 min great schedule even on w/e you will find lots of info on the east coast departures section. it was probably weehawkin or close to it I forget the actual name. But I was traveling with my familyDH and 4 kids great inexpensive way to go. We did some sightseeing in NY the day before our ship left. you can usually park your car for free for the week as well.I found a hotel room that slept 6.

Affordable, nice hotels in New York???????????? I love New York but there is nothing "affordable" in that city, at least compared to rates here in Mississippi. But, it sure is a great place, and well worth every penny.

MexicoBob

Not sure what the terminal is called. This is all new to me and a bit intimidating. Everything looks like it is close together but not having ever been there who knows where I will end up. I know its North River Piers, and that's about it. I guess after having left from so many other cruise terminals, it seems crazy that I could just walk over to the one in New York. I am totally game for it, however we would be walking in wedding clothes so probably not the best idea. Haha My husband would be all over that idea to save some money for DOD's though!

Oh Bank in that case you have to stay over on jersey side ..

look into west new york (that is the name of the town) in new jersey area .. very close to weehawkin ferry. very popular wedding photo op place over looking nyc skyline. the area is where most postcard pics have been taken.

You could take the ferry over to Port of NY and since wedding garb and all take a cab to the correct area of ship docking.

• 3 weeks later...

Just stayed at the Hampton Inn Times Square North (corner of 8th & 51st). Reasonable, quiet, very clean and the staff were friendly and helpful. Rooms are not huge but have been updated. Taxi to port from hotel was $6.00. It is one block from Times Square and 2 blocks from Broadway. Easy walking distance to shows, restaurants, shopping and more. Free breakfast too. Hope you have a great trip.

Don't stay in New Jersey no matter what people are telling you. You should be able to find very decent rates in Manhattan for hotels for your June dates. Especially trying to coordinate a group of people could be a nightmare.

I agree with the Apple Core Hotel Group. Also, The NY Salisbury.

Don't worry about being close to the cruise terminal, you really don't want to be. Most hotels in Midtown West will be less than a $10 cab ride.

Having never been to New York, just need some suggestions post cruise, disembark Oct 2 from Caribbean Princess, I think the pier is in Brooklyn.

We are 2 couples , late 60's, want a reasonable priced property to tour NY, maybe close to subway or to Chinatown for food, etc.

Our flight is from JFK in late evening.

Someone said not to stay in Brooklyn as there are not many hotels there.

Please help! and many thanks,

I would suggest this hotel also; very convenient to the West Side Pier. I work in the area and see flight crews coming out and heading to the airport all the time. I believe there is a pool on the rooftop also.

Archived