Isn't this sexist

Obviously more than a few of us do care...

I believe it is archaic and patronising in this day and age. In terms of marketing I think it is also short sighted..I am an independently functioning adult of mature years..I wouldn't mind having correspondence that I have probably initiated addressed to me!

The second point was I was interested to know who does decide on holidays in your family.

I have to admit that it really does not bother me as much re who the mail gets addressed to as it is left to me to make the decision re where we go, what we do, make the bookings so I read any promo material that comes to the home...though I have to admit that I get a lot via my email account and not hard copies :p

As to who makes decision, in most (not all though) cases, I think the woman tends to make decision as one of the reasons the whole Oprah debacle happened :D was because that they wanted to target the women who watched Oprah as it was found that they were the ones who generally made the decisions as to where the family would go on vacation. :)

I may have this wrongbut I do not think so as I am old school but when you get married or live to gether for a very long time or what ever you decide in what ever your partener may be,

but when you do any of these things is it a partenership between two people?

and most, if not every thing is done a share bacis?

and These day it does not mater who is the bread winner in the house hold or does it?

by the our dog does bring the paper and the mail from the front gate to our house every day which is 400 mtrs away and for those gramer checkers,yes mail only come five days week except at xmas, but yes he still checks the mail box 7 days a week.

he all so is working dog on the farm and never leaves our property. rides on the Motor bikes( not buy him self) gets the eggs but have to watch him in there as he likes to sneek 1 or 2 the eat. and does a lot more around here that most people will not do.

I believe it is archaic and patronising in this day and age. In terms of marketing I think it is also short sighted..I am an independently functioning adult of mature years..I wouldn't mind having correspondence that I have probably initiated addressed to me!

The second point was I was interested to know who does decide on holidays in your family.

Being discriminated against is a small thing in the big scheme of things.

(When my husband and I applied applied for credit cards with a new company, his limit was $10,000, whilst mine was $4,000.)

However, as a mother of daughters, I continually hope things will improve.

we share everything,housework,shopping,mowing lawns etc...we discuss and both decide on our holidays whether it be land based or cruise.....guess thats why we have never had an argument since being together and we are both adults of mature years booth work togther and enjoy life together......its total compatability .....no one dominates.

Two cruise brochures in the mail today..normally it would be happy little me drooling over far away places and beautiful ships...however both brochures one from Princess Australia and one from Carnival were both addressed to my husband!

If anyone had cared to notice our cruise history...I am the one with the long list of cruises...a little thing I know but it seems a bit old fashioned to assume the male is the decision maker.

Who decides in your family?

That is easy - we decide together, with brochures scattered everywhere until a choice is made.

My wife travels under her maiden name so we get 2 sets of brochures normally, or if not, always both names are on the envelope.

Whoever gets to the mail first gets to read them first.

we share everything,housework,shopping,mowing lawns etc...we discuss and both decide on our holidays whether it be land based or cruise.....guess thats why we have never had an argument since being together and we are both adults of mature years booth work togther and enjoy life together......its total compatability .....no one dominates.

We decide where we go, it called a family discustion

OT but annoying ....

Thied, would you please fix up your signature to not have four cruise countdowns in a horizontal row. Unfortunately my screen is NOT two feet wide and able to show your extra wide posts.

Thank you :D

OT but annoying ....

Thied, would you please fix up your signature to not have four cruise countdowns in a horizontal row. Unfortunately my screen is NOT two feet wide and able to show your extra wide posts.

glad to help you, but on my screen it makes no difference wheather it four wide or two wide or even six wide, one would think that its time you may have to up grade to a wide screen, may be 26 in :D

OT but annoying ....

You can go into your profile and set it so you no longer see signatures. That's what I've done and it saves on scrolling.

Two cruise brochures in the mail today..normally it would be happy little me drooling over far away places and beautiful ships...however both brochures one from Princess Australia and one from Carnival were both addressed to my husband!

If anyone had cared to notice our cruise history...I am the one with the long list of cruises...a little thing I know but it seems a bit old fashioned to assume the male is the decision maker.

Who decides in your family?

Perhaps they were sending the brochures to your husband because they were trying to get him more interested in cruising, since it is clear you already are. So why should they waste postage trying to get you interested in cruising?

Perhaps they were sending the brochures to your husband because they were trying to get him more interested in cruising, since it is clear you already are. So why should they waste postage trying to get you interested in cruising?

No I don't think its that (that I am more interested) I think it is just the way they have always done it...we have been married for nearly 33 years so obviously we have worked it out and travel and cohabit happily. It just struck me as strange that I sign up for these things (promotional stuff other than email) and it always seems to come addressed to my DH.

Personally I think wives generally initiate family holiday ideas and the husband tends to go along with it...cruising would be top of a lot of women's lists because it really is a holiday without meals to prepare, housework or child wrangling. And before someone bites my head off yes husbands do so some of that stuff too...just less.:)

• 3 weeks later...

If they start sending my husband brochures we won't take cruises. We don't open each other's mail, and he tends to throw out anythign that looks like advertising before I get to it, so I wouldn't get a chance to read it. And like many above, i plan the holidays.

I wonder if being as blunt as that would change who they address mail to?

Archived