Nautica - size of the safes and Internet access

Cruiser Nonna

We will be sailing in a few weeks in a PH2 - trying to get an idea of the size of the safe and whether my laptop will fit

Also if you could advise - do all cabins/suites have internet access - I realize that there is charge - if anyone has the current rates?

Thank you for the help -

Unless you have a really mini-laptop, no, it won't fit. An iPad might fit but I wouldn't want to swear to it. I suspect even an iPad would be too large to fit in the safe. It holds money and wallets!

Internet rates have been pretty standard, I think, over the years. You can search CC for the answer. Or go to the website.

I have always left my laptop on the desk in our cabin and nothing ever happened to it.

We will be sailing in a few weeks in a PH2 - trying to get an idea of the size of the safe and whether my laptop will fit

Also if you could advise - do all cabins/suites have internet access - I realize that there is charge - if anyone has the current rates?

Thank you for the help -

Seriously, I would not worry about your laptop being safe in the cabin - any cabin on the ship, but especially in the PH. I have had them with me each time on the cruise w/o any problems.

I don't think anyone would risk their livelihood for a laptop.

Internet (wi-fi) acccess is spotty in the cabins at best; much better in some "hot spots" in the public spaces.

We were in a PH1 on the Insignia in June. The safe was large enough for our netbook but there was not much room to spare width wise. There is laptop in the stateroom available for your use. The internet rates began at approx. 90-95 cents a minute. You can receive e-mails for free on the address that Oceania gives you. You can send e-mails from that address for $3.95 each e-mail. Internet service was iffy--we were in Scotland, Norway, and Sweden. Most ports of call we were able to find a free wifi location. Usually, a crewmember knows where to go for wifi.

We were in a PH1 on the Insignia in June. The safe was large enough for our netbook but there was not much room to spare width wise. There is laptop in the stateroom available for your use. The internet rates began at approx. 90-95 cents a minute. You can receive e-mails for free on the address that Oceania gives you. You can send e-mails from that address for $3.95 each e-mail. Internet service was iffy--we were in Scotland, Norway, and Sweden. Most ports of call we were able to find a free wifi location. Usually, a crewmember knows where to go for wifi.

With regard to the emails you can receive free on the address Oceania gives you..... how exactly do you access these? are you notified when emails arrive to your Oceania email box? we are in a "regular" cabin.

With regard to the emails you can receive free on the address Oceania gives you..... how exactly do you access these? are you notified when emails arrive to your Oceania email box? we are in a "regular" cabin.

You log onto the CRUISEMAIL link either the the onboard computers or if you have your own

On the right side of the page you will see the login ...so no charges will apply for just reading

No i do not think O will notify you if you have mail

There was a long thread here before on it just search CRUISE MAIL

Lyn

You log onto the CRUISEMAIL link either the the onboard computers or if you have your own

On the right side of the page you will see the login ...so no charges will apply for just reading

No i do not think O will notify you if you have mail

There was a long thread here before on it just search CRUISE MAIL

Lyn

Thank you for the information..

Luba

Archived