How soon is too soon?...

chels08

I keep a packign list on my computer, adding to and revising it in the months and weeks before the cruise. A couple of weeks before departure, I start compiling everything on the bed in the guest room. I put it all in the suitcases the day before we leave (no sooner, to minimize wrinkles).

I keep my packing lists for cruises and other trips on the computer and use them again as a starter when I am planning a similar trip. I keep my toiletry case and a 3-1-1 bag packed at all times.

Okay, toiletries are packed, outfits are hanging on the door in the guest bedroom, and accessories are bagged and ready to be packed! Just sitting around waiting for the next week to go by until the DS, his friend and I leave for his golf tournament in Pinehurst, NC. Then at the end of that week the DH will join us and we head on to FL for our 5-day cruise out of Jacksonville. I can't wait. The day before we leave I will put everything into the suitcase and make a last minute check to make sure I have everything I want (notice I didn't say everything I need!;)). The DH packs himself the weekend before he leaves and I will be helping the DS pack next week as he has one last golf tournament before we leave for the one in NC. and I will have to wash his golf shorts before he packs them. I already have my books and magazines in the carryon, my medications too, even got a few snacks in there too! Can't wait!:D

I too have a constantly updated and evolving spreadsheet packing list. We do lots of different trips, and sometimes we are gone for months at a time - so it's important to be super organized!

Our next major trip is in mid November - but I've already started physically packing (not just making lists), just to make sure I don't have too much stuff, luggage weight is an issue. The biggest challenge for this trip is clothing diversity - we have a two week cruise, 6 days post stay, 6 weeks in Australia and then two months in Mexico. I certainly don't need cruisewear in Oz, but I'll have it anyway.

It makes packing for two weeks in Europe or 5 days in Vegas look like a cakewalk!

Hi,:) how soon is too soon? There really is no right or wrong answer

to this question.;)

My next cruise is the week of Labor Day. Actually I sail 7 weeks from

tomorrow:D. Have I started anything? Nope.

I will wait till middle of next month (probably). I also have a 2nd bedroom

and the bed is used for alot of things (not sleeping LOL). I live on my

own so there are just always things on that bed. And when it comes

to cruising time? The clothing I bring will go on there as well.

I guess I start about 2 or 3 weeks out and that would be to just

go through some stuff and what evening clothing I will bring with me.

But as for actually packing it all? About 3 days before.

I do not use a list. I am not a list person, whether for the grocery

store or what to pack for a cruise.

This cruise will be different. I sail out of N.J. and I know in Sept it

can be quite cool and the itinerary is Bermuda. I will check the

Weather Channel but I have a feeling it will be long pants and possibly

long sleeves for sail day. Hoping the beaches in Bermuda will be

warm enough;)I have heard Horseshoe Bay is amazing and I have

seen photos...looks wonderful.

So, bathing suits too LOL......long sleeves to bathing suits......

a bit of each!

Hi I'm cruising August 18. with my girls. I guess I'm more of a last minute packer.

I start packing the week before, but have been picking up a few things during the Spring and Summer making a mental note of what I want to take. Seems to work for me. Happy crusing!!!!

Our cruise pulls out 2 weeks from today and no we have not packed yet. Some list have been made of the document type items. The folder is not yet put together. I will wait till the week of.

DS (11yrs old) just got his 1st adult size suitcase last night

Mainly we have not started packing is because we are still wearing shorts, tees, bathing suits, cover ups, undies that will be packed

I did find my dress for formal nights at Kohls yesterday. It is slinky material and will pack great! I need some new black strap sandals to wear with it as well as accessories. I am still working on DS formal wear. He could care less:( He may end up in the kids club anyway that night:rolleyes:

Archived