Just on the Summit July 3rd with kids

rhkspk

I just got off the Summit on July 10th and had a great time with my family. We had a great time. If anyone has any questions about the food, shows, or kids club let me know. :rolleyes:

My kids are 17, 14 and 10. My teen girls loved the teen club and did several activities with them which surprised me. There was about 450 kids on the cruise and they were all well behaved. My 9 year old son I could not keep away. They let the 9 year old and above sign themselves in and out and he loved the savenger hunts and the other activities that took him around the ship. He also loved the slumber parties at night. He knew more people on the ship then I did. Let me know if you have any specific questions and I can try to answer them..

My kids are 17, 14 and 10. My teen girls loved the teen club and did several activities with them which surprised me. There was about 450 kids on the cruise and they were all well behaved. My 9 year old son I could not keep away. They let the 9 year old and above sign themselves in and out and he loved the savenger hunts and the other activities that took him around the ship. He also loved the slumber parties at night. He knew more people on the ship then I did. Let me know if you have any specific questions and I can try to answer them..
Great....I have a 9 year old son too who will participate in the program. I do have a couple of questions..

1) Did they have the club open in the evening on the first day? I thought I read that in some recent dailies.....on the other two lines we cruised the children's clubs were not available on the first day.

2) What video game system did they have for this age group?

Thanks!

Great to hear good things about kids program. I have 2 daughters 10/14 going 8/14 and was concerned they would be dissapointed. Any highlights from them I could share with kids? Did your family use drink packages?

Thanks,

Joe

I also just got off this ship. The cruise was excellent, the food and the crew also. However the chair hogs made sea days miserable. I walked every morning at 7 am and the were towels on at least 40 chairs at this time and no one around to sit in them till after 9. I and some other people complained and they took most of the towels, shoes, books and bags off the chairs but it was the same the next day. I met someone who said it was the port we left from and I have to agree. It was the worst I have experienced and Celebrity needs to address the problem.

That being said everything else was fabulous though it was my last cruise out of Bayonne for sure.......

I also just got off this ship. The cruise was excellent, the food and the crew also. However the chair hogs made sea days miserable. I walked every morning at 7 am and the were towels on at least 40 chairs at this time and no one around to sit in them till after 9. I and some other people complained and they took most of the towels, shoes, books and bags off the chairs but it was the same the next day. I met someone who said it was the port we left from and I have to agree. It was the worst I have experienced and Celebrity needs to address the problem.

That being said everything else was fabulous though it was my last cruise out of Bayonne for sure.......

Hi Jill,

I am so sorry you were not on the cruise before this one so we could have gotten together. Oh well.

I thought the food on this ship was the best in a very long time. :):) Hope you got to spend some time with Cpt. Costas. What a sweetie he is. Say hello to Joe for me.

Anne

Hi Jill,

I am so sorry you were not on the cruise before this one so we could have gotten together. Oh well.

I thought the food on this ship was the best in a very long time. :):) Hope you got to spend some time with Cpt. Costas. What a sweetie he is. Say hello to Joe for me.

Anne

Hi Anne, Cpt Costas is very friendly and easy to talk to. The food was excellent and Michail the chief housekeeper is the same one from the Mercury. He sent my Mom and I champagne, strawberrys, a zippered tote bag and a huge soft Celebrity towel! I couldn't believe it. We talked about the Mercury crew and how much we miss it. Would sail the Summit again but from San Juan. Hope to sail with you again. Jill

Hi Anne, Cpt Costas is very friendly and easy to talk to. The food was excellent and Michail the chief housekeeper is the same one from the Mercury. He sent my Mom and I champagne, strawberrys, a zippered tote bag and a huge soft Celebrity towel! I couldn't believe it. We talked about the Mercury crew and how much we miss it. Would sail the Summit again but from San Juan. Hope to sail with you again. Jill

Wow, sounds like you were really spoiled by Michail. I was spoiled by Costas in very much the same way.;) Very nice treatment.

Bayonne is not my favorite port, but I can put up with it for the convenience of taking the train. Hope to sail with you again also.

Anne :)

Glad you had a great time! We're leaving Sunday with 2 younger kids, 6 and 3. Did your 9 year old use the kids menu? Can you tell me some of the choices, and did it have activities for the kids to do, coloring, etc? I'm starting to shop for stuff and I need to know if I need to get some little coloring sets, etc. Thanks!

Just curious, what is it about Bayonne that makes you say you would never sail out of there again? Do you have any tips, things you would do differently, for us upcoming Summit Bermuda cruisers???

I also just got off this ship. .......

Another cruise???? Geez, between you and Sheila and Jackie (they were on Summit 6/19), I feel like I haven't cruised in years. Oh wait - it has been over a year and 4 months since I've cruised, maybe that's why!!

Glad you had a great time. Hope to see you and Joe on another cruise sometime.

Anne Maria

I just got off the Summit on July 10th and had a great time with my family. We had a great time. If anyone has any questions about the food, shows, or kids club let me know. :rolleyes:

My wife and I are on the July 31st cruise to Bermuda. By any chance do you know when they had the afternoon tea? We were told that it cost $25 per person but no one could give us a particular day.

Thanks,

Fred

All you that take your kids on cruises really tick me off. :D

I wish that my parents could have afforded to take our family on any vacation when I was younger. Cruises at that time were not what they are today and traveling was visiting and staying with relatives but still enjoyable and something to look forward to.

Hopefully the economy will pick up so many more families can enjoy cruises.

Can you tell me some of the choices, and did it have activities for the kids to do, coloring, etc? I'm starting to shop for stuff and I need to know if I need to get some little coloring sets, etc. Thanks!

We traveled on Summit last month with our 5 and 7 year olds. We used the kid's menu. What I really liked about it was it changed nightly and that besides the usual (burgers, hot dogs, pizza, mac-n-cheese) there were other interesting choices -- steak, seafood, pasta. It was also four courses. There was a different appetizer, soup/salad, entree and dessert just for kids every night.

My 7 year old liked the cold fruit soups, especially the strawberry. She's not an adventurous eater, but she did try some new things. Sometimes she ate from the kids menu and sometimes from the adult. Once or twice when nothing appealed to her (yes, she's picky!) she just ordered plain pasta and plain chicken. My five year old son stuck to a fruit appetizer with burgers or hot dog.

It was a menu only, no activities. It was delivered and removed with the adult menus.

My wife and I are on the July 31st cruise to Bermuda. By any chance do you know when they had the afternoon tea? We were told that it cost $25 per person but no one could give us a particular day.

Thanks,

Fred

just got off the summit as wel. the afternoon tea on this sailing was on the last sea day, the same day as the brunch.

Just curious, what is it about Bayonne that makes you say you would never sail out of there again? Do you have any tips, things you would do differently, for us upcoming Summit Bermuda cruisers???

Sailing out of this port is the only time I had trouble with people saving chairs at the crack of dawn at the pool and there were alot of them. Never had this trouble in other ports, just Bayonne. It is only a 2 1/2 hour drive for me but would rather drive to Baltimore or Fla. You will love the ship and its crew and hopefully they will figure out some way to stop these selfish chair hogs. Enjoy the cruise.

Another cruise???? Geez, between you and Sheila and Jackie (they were on Summit 6/19), I feel like I haven't cruised in years. Oh wait - it has been over a year and 4 months since I've cruised, maybe that's why!!

Glad you had a great time. Hope to see you and Joe on another cruise sometime.

Anne Maria

We hope to see you too. We are going on the Enchantment in Nov and Dec. It's all we have left in Baltimore:mad:. You need to get yourself on a cruise soon. Those flirtinis are waiting for you...... Jill

Thanks,

Fred

just got off the summit as wel. the afternoon tea on this sailing was on the last sea day, the same day as the brunch.

Yes, it was Saturday - we were disappointed it was held on the same day as the Brunch. We had already made Normandie reservations for dinnner that night when we realized it was tea day too. Brunch and Afternoon Tea should be on different days to spread out the "fancy" choices. ;)

I think we went too early in the season (jun 12) - there were practically no teenagers on board - our daughter (just shy of 18) didn't find anyone her age. Glad to hear your children enjoyed themselves!

We hope to see you too. We are going on the Enchantment in Nov and Dec. It's all we have left in Baltimore:mad:. You need to get yourself on a cruise soon. Those flirtinis are waiting for you...... Jill

OMG I've been so sick and on so much medication I almost forgot about my fliritinis!!!

I'm praying we can book Silhouette out of NY for early 2012. God I can't believe it might be 2 years in between cruises!!!!

I must be cruising on the wrong ships because from what I have seen and read all across the boards there are chair hogs on every cruise line and every ship. Why make a silly comment about "it must be the port we left from" Quite frankly that sounds as if you went into the cruise with preconcieved notions about the port. Did the person you meet take a survey asking the chair hogs were they were from?:rolleyes:

I have read the debates about chair hogs on these boards for a few years now. I can't remember ever having a problem with it myself. If all the chairs are gone I go to another deck where maybe I can find a chair in the sun. If not I'll sit in the shade until one opens up.

I was on this cruise out of Bayonne last week and got up and out on the upper deck (above the pool) by 9am on sea days and didn't leave that chair until I was done with it. I had my daughters hold my chair while I got food or used the restroom. Before I learned to do that, I made the mistake of talking to friends without someone in my chair (maybe 45 mins) and when I came back my sunblock and towel were tossed on the side. I smiled and just figured I deserved it :). The thing that annoyed me the most on this cruise was the people coming up on deck around 12 loudly complaining that there were no chairs. I watched the pool butlers drag out more chairs and put them up for the people that were complaining. I never got a chair by the pool but I was just as happy upstairs looking out at the ocean.

I thought it was a great cruise!

Archived