Booked GTY, cabin already assigned, could it change?

bottomfeeder

Booked a GTY balcony on the Solstice for the 11/4 cruise a few weeks ago. Surprisingly our cabin assignment showed up on Celebrity's website about a week later. I'm perfectly happy with the cabin assigned but am wondering if I can now count on that cabin, or if Celebrity might still switch us to another one sometime between now and 11/4?

Haven't sailed Celebrity in over 10 years so I have no idea how they do assignments these days! :)

Yes, the stateroom assignment may be changed at any point up until you board the ship. However most of the time the initial assignment sticks. On the rare instances where your initial assignment is changed, it often is an upgrade. On Celebrity's sister cruise line (RCI) I once booked an inside GTY, was initially assigned an oceanview and a couple of weeks later was changed to a balcony.

Yes, the stateroom assignment may be changed at any point up until you board the ship. However most of the time the initial assignment sticks. On the rare instances where your initial assignment is changed, it often is an upgrade. On Celebrity's sister cruise line (RCI) I once booked an inside GTY, was initially assigned an oceanview and a couple of weeks later was changed to a balcony.

Hi,

In conditions like that, they can change as often as they like !!! I can't imagine where I would end up after 5 of those.....

:D:D

Cheers

I also booked a gty and was assigned a sweet sixteen cabin with a large veranda. I was thrilled. Then the price went down and I got the decrease, but my assigned cabin changed to a aft cabin. Then my cabin changed again twice for no reason. Eventually I had moved up 2 categories and ended up midship. All of the assigned cabins were fine. My final cabin was in aprime location on deck 7. On another cruise, I was assigned a cabin and it stuck. My best was a gty that wasn't assigned until 2 days prior to sailing...moved up 9 categories. Usually gty is the same category that you book. Every so often you get lucky. Good luck. Gty is a good way to save money.

took a risk on a GTY CC, which was at a very good price.

have ended up very close to the front of the ship on a C3 and was hoping to get a midship C2. Sailing in a few weeks but dont think it will be changed.

Not a direct answer to your queston, but may be of interest to you or others looking at this thread-it is my understanding that YOU can change your assigned cabin if it is in the same category they give you.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

Is it ever changed after you have done on line check in and got your baggage labels?

Yes, they can change it up until you board the ship, but it is not common to be changed once assigned. If it changed after you received baggage tags you'd just have the porters fill out new ones as you check your luggage at the terminal. They have these readily available and it only takes a minute for them to do this.

Thanks, not worried about the luggage, happy with the cabin we have got, but there are lots of bigger ones available (we have a suite GTY) so just wondering :)

Archived