Nicer hotels near MIA

Minmounce

Embassy Suites near MIA may fit your needs. In the Blue Lagoon area near MIA there is also a Homewood Suites and a Hilton.

Depending upon the time of the year $200 will get you into most of the nicer downtown Miami hotels (Hyatt, Intercontinental, Marriott, Doubletree), where you are just a 15 minute/$25+ cab ride away from the airport.

Good luck! :)

I am looking for a post cruise hotel near MIA. This will just be for 1 night before our flight home and would like to find something in the $200 range.

I would suggest Intercontinental Hotel downtown Miami. And Puntino's for dinner (fabulous Italian restaurant...authentic Italian, not Olive Garden stuff), prices very reasonable and one block from IC Hotel.

I would suggest using http://www.lastminutetravel.com for the IC. It can generally be had for approx. $100/night. Just do a search for a downtown Miami 5 star hotel.

Why not the hotel in MIA. Is it the nicest? No Is it better than a Motel 6 or Super 8? Much.

Plus you don't have to worry about catching a shuttle. You wake up, order breakfast, shower, pack your bags, 1 person go down to check in and drop off checked luggage, go back up stairs to your room and relax until it's time to head to the TSA security line.

Why not the hotel in MIA. Is it the nicest? No Is it better than a Motel 6 or Super 8? Much.

Plus you don't have to worry about catching a shuttle. You wake up, order breakfast, shower, pack your bags, 1 person go down to check in and drop off checked luggage, go back up stairs to your room and relax until it's time to head to the TSA security line.

Thanks for the suggestions.

This is the first I have heard of a hotel in MIA. Do you have some more information so that I can research this?

We are not really interested in staying downtown as we will be staying at the Marriott Marquis pre cruise unless there is really not anything nicer near the airport.

Embassy Suites near MIA may fit your needs. In the Blue Lagoon area near MIA there is also a Homewood Suites and a Hilton.

Depending upon the time of the year $200 will get you into most of the nicer downtown Miami hotels (Hyatt, Intercontinental, Marriott, Doubletree), where you are just a 15 minute/$25+ cab ride away from the airport.

Good luck! :)

I stayed at Homewood Blue Lagoon last year. It was very clean and had an airport shuttle. The suites are a nice size. There is no restaurant in the hotel other than the free buffet (breakfast and weeknight light dinners) but there are 3 restaurants about 4-6 blocks away by Publix, including a very authentic Cuban restaurant, Casa Juan. They had a few junky frozen foods for purchase by the front desk. We visited the Hilton for drinks. It is an older hotel but seemed nice enough. We wanted to eat dinner there, but it didn't work out (I can't remember why...either it closed really early or it was buffet only), but were able to get some appetizers in the lounge.

Hi,

Have you checked out the Sheraton Miami Airport,

it looks really nice, and offers a free shuttle to the

nearby areas and also for $5 a shuttle to South Beach.

We have booked for our next cruise in Feb using SPG points

but I think the rate is about $250 in February and that is the

boat show weekend.

We always stay at the Embassy Suites Miami Airport. It's really close to the airport. Free shuttle to/from the airport. Nice big suites, free cocktails, great big breakfast. We usually get it for between $100-170 depending on the time of year.

Use Priceline or Hotwire and bid 5 or 4 star downtown my experience is you will get something for much less than $200. We picked the Conrad for $89 plus $20 in fees on Hotwire and the Marriott Biscayne Bay Hotel And Marina for $60 plus $15.64 in fees on Priceline.

Archived