Everything ALLURE

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We have Ocean Aria reservations for 7:30 followed by Giovanni's Table at 8:30. I know it's close but it was all that was available that day. According to the Ocean Aria reservation; it says the show ends at 8:25. How accurate is their schedule? Also, how accompanying are they at Giovanni's if we're a few minutes late?

Wow I haven't seen this thread in a while, We should try to keep it on the first couple of pages. I am going on Allure in Dec and was wishing they still had the allure tread that they did away with a few months ago. I do wish they would do that again for either everyship or every class of ship. It would be great to see stuff for curtain class ships or by the name of the ships. :D HINT HINT Cruise Critic. :D Thanks for all of the great info everyone.

Do they make Labadoozies on the ship? If so, are they called Labadoozies?!

I haven't been to Labadee in a while, but I read somewhere that the Labadoozie and the Coco Loco are the same. If so, you can definitely get a Coco Loco onboard. And I would recommend you do, soooo good!

We have Ocean Aria reservations for 7:30 followed by Giovanni's Table at 8:30. I know it's close but it was all that was available that day. According to the Ocean Aria reservation; it says the show ends at 8:25. How accurate is their schedule? Also, how accompanying are they at Giovanni's if we're a few minutes late?

You will be fine. I think the show is more like 45 minutes. I don't remember it being any longer but it's a short walk up to Central Park. Giovanni's is my favorite place on board to eat. :)

Thanks for this thread. Started researching our cruise on the Allure in Feb. Still looking for info on shows...i.e. What is the Blue Planet? Ice show? and then again, would love to find the menus for the different restaurants. I found the one image but could not download, save, or read. Would appreciate further information. We want to have the second formal night at a specialty restaurant - we will be "formal" so want probably more upscale than family casual. Thanks again for any and all suggestions.

I did not see any food at the Boardwalk Bar on the Allure. Just drinks. They did have popcorn when showing movies in the Aqua Theater. I also did not see any corn dogs on the Allure. The Dog House does not have corn dogs but one would think that they would add them.

I am not sure you can see the corn dogs on the Oasis but I knew they were there because of the Oasis thread. When I stopped and asked about them the bartender reached down and brought one out. It was delicious.

Hi - Just off the Allure and there is DEFINITELY a bar on the Boardwalk by the Aqua Theather. It is called the "Lighthouse Bar" and it has only about 16 stools. It is in the middle of the Boardwalk, across from Rita's Cantina on one side and Johnny Rockets on the other. On the roof of this circular bar is a 20ft tall (approx.) Lighthouse. Serves all the same drinks as the other bars. Enjoy!

Make sure you get to every MAJOR show at least 1/2 hour early for good seats. After that, even with reservations, you'll be in the back, or on the sides. Not that they are bad seats, but up front is much better, especially for Blue Planet. For Ocean Aria, you'll get stuck in the "Splash Zone" if you're late!

Just looking back on previous pages and wanted to add my answers to some questions.

1. You'll have to get a seat at Ocean Aria in the back of the Aqua Theater to see the entire show and get out in time to get to Giovanni's within an hour. I would wait till you were on board and ask for 1/2 later seating if possible. You will not want to miss a moment of the show and getting up 2 decks on foot or fighting the crowds for the elevators will back it VERY close.

2. To enjoy and appreciate Samba's, and to eat at a relaxed and normal pace, you will need two (2) hours! There are 9 cuts of meat to sample/eat and unless you are skipping most of them, you'll need time to digest and wait for the next course.

3. There are no free sauna and/or steam rooms, unless you have a spa package for that same day. The cost is $ 30 per person per day. I don't know if there is a weekly rate.

4. There were special sections in the theaters for SUITE guests. Nothing for D or D+.

As I just got home and everything is still fresh and new to me, I hope this helps! - Miriam

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for this thread. Started researching our cruise on the Allure in Feb. Still looking for info on shows...i.e. What is the Blue Planet? Ice show? and then again, would love to find the menus for the different restaurants. I found the one image but could not download, save, or read. Would appreciate further information. We want to have the second formal night at a specialty restaurant - we will be "formal" so want probably more upscale than family casual. Thanks again for any and all suggestions.

In my opinion, Blue Planet was the best show presented, do not miss it.

It is music orientated. Scenes are projected from around the world and the music selected is appropriate for the location presented. The show also involves performers on trapezes behind a see through screen which with the projections, makes it appear as if they really are in an aquarium.

The ice show also was good. The ice surface though is small and when jumps were missed, I was surprised none of the skaters got injured. It is based on the game Monoploy but that connection becomes diminished as the show continues.

Just going to give my opinions whuch you may take with a grain of salt....

1. The Dog House is great! - of course I love sausages and these were some of the best I've had..I ate lunch there 3 times last cruise.

2. I really enjoy 150 - it is not for everyone but I like to eat, and this is some of the most 'upscale' food you can find anywhere I feel. If there are a number of 'strange' foods you absolutely won't touch then don't do it but I think you are missing out.

3. The Dreamworks have shows in the ice rink (dragon) and in the Oceanaria pool (King Julien) and the 'move-it move-it' parade. I am a cranky old geezer who is pretty intolerant of children but I enjoyed all of it.

4. The beach pool has salt water - really good for your skin...

5. For D+ it is really nice to have breakfast in the Concierge Club. They have a set menu but they are willing to make you just about anything you want.

6. Vintages is a great place for a casual dinner. A little wine, some tapas and thou beside me in the moonlight ;) - or actually in the very comfortable couches.

Archived