Balcony Table

Originally Posted by bigque viewpost.gif

Once again.....Untill The Serenade gets bigger tables, it is doable!....Just for now....Adjust and Adapt and Enjoy! Also Outside the Windjammer for breakfast is a good option also! We sat there for breakfast when we did not do it on the balcony!

Do what on the balcony??????

Sorry - couldn't resist.......

:D:):rolleyes::eek::cool:

We are going on the Allure in Nov. have a D1 balcony on the hump are there tables any larger or taller?? We have only been on one cruise on the Navigator and the tables were small and I am not COMPLAINING :D

See my previous post. I posted a picture from the Allure.

Yes, but from what I've seen I'm under the impression that is not a D1 class balcony. What room category were you in?

Yes, it was a cat D balcony.

All Oasis Class balconies have tall tables.

But now I'm curious. What category of room did you think I was showing? :confused:

But now I'm curious. What category of room did you think I was showing? :confused:

Pictures I have seen have more space between the chairs/table and the balcony wall. That is what made me think it was a D2-8 instead of a D1. That balcony seems small, and maybe it's just the angle you took it at. It doesn't look 8x10 (80 sq ft).

Thanks for the info...now I don't have to cancel my cruise and run back to Princess LOL

Seriously though that was a nice looking balcony you had

This was us on Serenade October 2010 (9580 On The Hump). We ate breakfast out there with the little table every morning except one and will do it again on the Freedom next cruise no matter the size of the table! We just adapted and improvised and had a good breakfast each day while pulling into the ports. The Tray they brought the food on was big and Round. We put that on the table and then we had the plate in one hand or lap and we ate. If you ever been to a cookout where you had a lounge chair with no table to eat on, that is what you do. After we doccked we'd get dressed and be on our way for the day. When we would get back, everything would be gone!

134.jpg

133.jpg

That's exactly how we do it too! Hey we are on a cruise, right!

That's exactly how we do it too! Hey we are on a cruise, right!

And that was how we used to do it however age has not been kind to me and it bothers both my back and knees (just had 2nd replaced last week) to sit and eat at a table that low. The tables on Allure/Oasis and the one we had last May on Explorer as well as the one I bought (via previous thread about purchasing and taking) make that a much simpler process for us ole folk. ;)

Note: I'm only 50 but with bad knees and back, man am I old. :)

Tim

And that was how we used to do it however age has not been kind to me and it bothers both my back and knees (just had 2nd replaced last week) to sit and eat at a table that low. The tables on Allure/Oasis and the one we had last May on Explorer as well as the one I bought (via previous thread about purchasing and taking) make that a much simpler process for us ole folk. ;)

Note: I'm only 50 but with bad knees and back, man am I old. :)

Tim

I hear ya..I had to retire due to a back injury..only 56 here:eek: I was gonna bring that up when that rude poster went off on me but I hate using my disability as an excuse, but I should have.

I hear ya..I had to retire due to a back injury..only 56 here:eek: I was gonna bring that up when that rude poster went off on me but I hate using my disability as an excuse, but I should have.

My back is NOT even close to yours, yours being much worse. You win! ;)

Joking aside, it is hard to eat comfortably leaning over those small patio/coffee tables with a bad back &/or bad knees. LOL

Tim

Joking aside, it is hard to eat comfortably leaning over those small patio/coffee tables with a bad back &/or bad knees. LOL

Tim

Now if I was still able to sit indian style...there would be no problem with those tables:D

Tim

Tim...I am laughing and getting a kick out of your signature of cruises.....'07 was a good year for ya, wasn't it? lol. We are all obsessed.

Tim...I am laughing and getting a kick out of your signature of cruises.....'07 was a good year for ya, wasn't it? lol. We are all obsessed.

Yes we had PCDS real baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad that year. LOL

Story about 2007. We always take our annual vacation and close our bowling center during Memorial Weekend, hence the first cruise. Then I was goofing off one day and found Majesty leaving on Friday, July 13th and returning on Monday, July 16th with Enchantment leaving Monday, July 16th and returning on Saturday, July 21st for prices that were just too good to pass up. ;) This and the fact it was our first B2B, well kinda, I told my DW and she said go for it, she's such a good wife. So, we booked those two. The nice thing about these two cruises was Majesty's first full day was at CocoCay and Enchantment's last full day was CocoCay so we got to go there twice in 7 days. CocoCay is one of our favorite ports, PERIOD.

In November of '07 I was goofing off on the computer again and found Enchantment for a great price again and, well, the rest is history. This was right before our busy season at the bowl, Jan-April is our best time of year.

Tim

I cannot afford to keep finding these good prices. LOL ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Nope.. not at all uncalled for. You are whining about the size of a table on the balcony.

If it means all that much to you that you are stressing out about it, then by all means consider canceling your reservation.

Your comments are very rude.

We're concerned about the tables too, and we're Emerald C&A members. We enjoy breakfast on our balcony. I was maybe going to call RCCL and request a taller table (not even sure if they have them?). It's worth a shot though! :)

Archived