Balcony Table

Acutally they did not say that. They said "which in my opinion is a real downer." In other words... it's a little disapointing and sad but not a reason to not go or change rooms.

They then went on to say "I for one will be letting RCI know on a comment card to upgrade those little tables" Which is exactly how it should be handled. They didn't say they were going to call up headquarters and demand a different table. they didn't even say they were going to ask their room steward to change it out.

Your honor the defense rests. :)

All I wanted to say was that it would be nice to have a table with a height to eat on. It is not a big deal, I will as always have a great time cruising. If I sounded like a complainer I am sorry, I am not the complaining type. I just thought it might be a good idea to suggest to RCI that a higher table would be appreciated.

No need to defend yourself. Well actually I guess there is:rolleyes:.

I agree with you 100% a higher table should take up no more space than a shorter one and it would greatly improve dining on the balcony.

You are correct, it would be nice! My point was that the reason people kind of jumped on your post is that it sounded like a complaint was being made before you even truly know what kind of table you will have.

FYI the GIANT aft balconies also have the little teeny tables too! :( (the aft balconies that are NOT suites that is)

This was us on Serenade October 2010 (9580 On The Hump). We ate breakfast out there with the little table every morning except one and will do it again on the Freedom next cruise no matter the size of the table! We just adapted and improvised and had a good breakfast each day while pulling into the ports. The Tray they brought the food on was big and Round. We put that on the table and then we had the plate in one hand or lap and we ate. If you ever been to a cookout where you had a lounge chair with no table to eat on, that is what you do. After we doccked we'd get dressed and be on our way for the day. When we would get back, everything would be gone!

134.jpg

133.jpg

Once again.....Untill The Serenade gets bigger tables, it is doable!....Just for now....Adjust and Adapt and Enjoy! Also Outside the Windjammer for breakfast is a good option also! We sat there for breakfast when we did not do it on the balcony! :D

085.jpg

Once again.....Untill The Serenade gets bigger tables, it is doable!....Just for now....Adjust and Adapt and Enjoy! Also Outside the Windjammer for breakfast is a good option also! We sat there for breakfast when we did not do it on the balcony! :D

Thanks for the pictures. Can't wait to cruise on the Serenade. Did your balcony have a lounger at all or just the chairs? Hoping for a lounger to relax on!!

Acutally they did not say that. They said "which in my opinion is a real downer." In other words... it's a little disapointing and sad but not a reason to not go or change rooms.

They then went on to say "I for one will be letting RCI know on a comment card to upgrade those little tables" Which is exactly how it should be handled. They didn't say they were going to call up headquarters and demand a different table. they didn't even say they were going to ask their room steward to change it out.

I am glad you didn't see it as a complaint or whine...but I never thought about that call to headquarters LOL

You are correct, it would be nice! My point was that the reason people kind of jumped on your post is that it sounded like a complaint was being made before you even truly know what kind of table you will have.

FYI the GIANT aft balconies also have the little teeny tables too! :( (the aft balconies that are NOT suites that is)

I saw the pic from Bigque that led to me making a post that got me in hot water lol

085.jpg

You are right I will adjust or as another poster said I can drag the table out from the cabin....I'm just not sure all my food will fit on it:D

Thanks for the pictures. Can't wait to cruise on the Serenade. Did your balcony have a lounger at all or just the chairs? Hoping for a lounger to relax on!!

I was gonna ask that same question but I was afraid I would be accused of complaining about the size of the chairs LOL:D

I was on Grandeur of the Seas last year, in an inside room:eek: Anyway, this year we are getting a cabin with a balcony on the Serenade of the Seas:). On another thread, I saw a picture of the little snack table they have on the balconies which in my opinion is a real downer. I always enjoyed having breakfast on the balcony while cruising on Princess on a real grown up table. I for one will be letting RCI know on a comment card to upgrade those little tables. Maybe if they hear from enough people, they will do something.

And when they put taller tables on the balconies, there will be complaints from passengers,

"That *#&$^$& table is too high to put my drink on when I'm relaxing out on my balcony. Put lower tables out there!"

:rolleyes:

2 Chairs, but ask your Stateroom attendant and he will switch out one of the chairs for a lounger for you.

Would you consider this whining???? By your definition, I would.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=515546

LOL, as I guessed earlier... clearly balcony envy. How dare some of us be able to afford a balcony room. You know I'm jealous of those that can afford the suites but I don't hold it against them or think they have no rights to say negative things about their rooms or service. One day I hope to be one of those people in a suite (after the kids are all grown) and the feedback given will only my experience in the future better. I'd better not mention I'm considering trying Azamara for the next cruise where wine and soda are free. :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1410203&highlight=small+table

Here is a link to a thread that might solve your problem. We bought one and can't wait to have our breakfast on it every morning!

Thanks for posting that link!!! I was gonna search for it since I started that thread a couple of months ago but you beat me to it.

Unfortunately we did not get to use my table, HOWEVER Explorer had a table on our balcony which we did use, VERY MUCH!!! It is soooooooooooooooo much easier on that table than it is those shorter tables. Too hard on this old man's back. ;)

FYI, the table is already packed for the next cruise. LOL

Tim

2 Chairs, but ask your Stateroom attendant and he will switch out one of the chairs for a lounger for you.

Oh good tip!! We will do just that!

I was gonna ask that same question but I was afraid I would be accused of complaining about the size of the chairs LOL

:D Glad I did it for you then.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1410203&highlight=small+table

Here is a link to a thread that might solve your problem. We bought one and can't wait to have our breakfast on it every morning!

I appreciate the link, however with the cost of luggage on the airlines, we are trying to cut down on our packing.

Thanks for posting that link!!! I was gonna search for it since I started that thread a couple of months ago but you beat me to it.

Unfortunately we did not get to use my table, HOWEVER Explorer had a table on our balcony which we did use, VERY MUCH!!! It is soooooooooooooooo much easier on that table than it is those shorter tables. Too hard on this old man's back. ;)

Tim

I know the feeling, I too have a bad back.

Originally Posted by bigque viewpost.gif

Do what on the balcony??????:eek::p

Sorry - couldn't resist.......

I appreciate the link, however with the cost of luggage on the airlines, we are trying to cut down on our packing.

I know the feeling, I too have a bad back.

We have to fly also and found the table did not have a problem either with weight or passing through security.

I packed it in our large suitcase along with an IPOD dock with speakers and still kept that piece under 50lbs. Go for it, it is worth it!!!

Tim

I think that was uncalled for..is this not cruise critic? It seems there are cheerleaders on the RCI forum also:rolleyes:

You can't really say anything around here without getting rude, snarky comments/replies in regards to innocent questions or observations. It's really gotten ridiculous. People must be very unhappy in their lives.

All I wanted to say was that it would be nice to have a table with a height to eat on. It is not a big deal, I will as always have a great time cruising. If I sounded like a complainer I am sorry, I am not the complaining type. I just thought it might be a good idea to suggest to RCI that a higher table would be appreciated.

Frank, no reason at all to apologize--some people need to chill.

You go girl!!!!

Some people around here love to stir things up for nothing.

You can't really say anything around here without getting rude, snarky comments/replies in regards to innocent questions or observations. It's really gotten ridiculous. People must be very unhappy in their lives.

Seems so;)

Frank, no reason at all to apologize--some people need to chill.

I am apologizing in lieu of using naughty language :D I will call this my apology thread lol

You go girl!!!!

Some people around here love to stir things up for nothing.

She is good isn't she:)

Tim

A higher table is important to me too.

Mine is ready to go. Plan on getting lots of use out of it on our Med cruise.

Thanks to you Tim!:D

Archived