Balcony Table

I was on Grandeur of the Seas last year, in an inside room:eek: Anyway, this year we are getting a cabin with a balcony on the Serenade of the Seas:). On another thread, I saw a picture of the little snack table they have on the balconies which in my opinion is a real downer. I always enjoyed having breakfast on the balcony while cruising on Princess on a real grown up table. I for one will be letting RCI know on a comment card to upgrade those little tables. Maybe if they hear from enough people, they will do something.

Are the balcony areas on the Serenda even large enough to accomodate a table the size you are interested in? Having never been on the ship I really have no idea. We are cruising on her in a few days in stateroom 8592.

Anyone been in that cabin?

carnival also has the small parsons type table. (on the balconies there really isnt room for a table.

I, too loved the full table on Princess. It allowed you to dine out there

I was on Grandeur of the Seas last year, in an inside room:eek: Anyway, this year we are getting a cabin with a balcony on the Serenade of the Seas:). On another thread, I saw a picture of the little snack table they have on the balconies which in my opinion is a real downer. I always enjoyed having breakfast on the balcony while cruising on Princess on a real grown up table. I for one will be letting RCI know on a comment card to upgrade those little tables. Maybe if they hear from enough people, they will do something.

Why not cancel your reservation and rebook on Princess if you are so distressed about the "little table"?

We've been known to bring the little table out from the sitting area, it's still small, but it helps. Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks and I am sure we will lug it out to the balcony:p

carnival also has the small parsons type table. (on the balconies there really isnt room for a table.

I, too loved the full table on Princess. It allowed you to dine out there

The tables on Princess as you know, aren't that big so they don't take up that much space but they are the height of a normal table to eat at without having to bend down.

Radiance after dry dock has new chairs and higher bigger tables now!:) I guess they will be changing them as they update the ships?

Aft cabins had the foot stool tables for non Jr & suites cabins that we have had

Why not cancel your reservation and rebook on Princess if you are so distressed about the "little table"?

I think that was uncalled for..is this not cruise critic? It seems there are cheerleaders on the RCI forum also:rolleyes:

I think that was uncalled for..is this not cruise critic? It seems there are cheerleaders on the RCI forum also:rolleyes:

Nope.. not at all uncalled for. You are whining about the size of a table on the balcony.

If it means all that much to you that you are stressing out about it, then by all means consider canceling your reservation.

Nope.. not at all uncalled for. You are whining about the size of a table on the balcony.

If it means all that much to you that you are stressing out about it, then by all means consider canceling your reservation.

A) they were not whining, there was no poor me, whoa is me, whatever shall I do fell sorry for me statement at any point.

B) they made productive suggestions on how to get if fixed and plan to do so (ie filling out a comment card to RCI).

c) there was no indication of being stressed out by it or it ruining their vacation.

I am not stressing or whining, I was making an observation and stating my opinion...but I thank you for your input:rolleyes:

I am not stressing or whining, I was making an observation and stating my opinion...but I thank you for your input:rolleyes:

Ignore them. Comments like theirs are uncalled for and ridiculous.

Yes, the Serenade tables are the small ones. Like someone else said, when we eat our breakfast on the balcony, we take the inside table out there. It's very easy if the room is set up with the sitting area closest to the balcony. We then use the smaller table for the drinks and pastries. It really doesn't turn out to be much of a hassle.

Starting with Oasis Class, they are putting the taller tables out there. Slowly, over time, the small tables will be replaced on most, if not all of the ships.

LOL...... Are you kidding? The OP was making a comment and you consider this whining? I also didn't see where they were stressing over it. Sounds like you're whining about someone else.:rolleyes:

LOL...... Are you kidding? The OP was making a comment and you consider this whining?

The OP was complaining about the size of the table on the balcony.

Whether you consider it to be whining or not is a matter of interpretation.

The simple fact is that many cruisers cannot afford a balcony cabin and would be very happy to be in one regardless of the size of the table on the balcony. Let's be thankful for what we have rather than complain about miniscule matters.

This was us on Serenade October 2010 (9580 On The Hump). We ate breakfast out there with the little table every morning except one and will do it again on the Freedom next cruise no matter the size of the table! We just adapted and improvised and had a good breakfast each day while pulling into the ports. The Tray they brought the food on was big and Round. We put that on the table and then we had the plate in one hand or lap and we ate. If you ever been to a cookout where you had a lounge chair with no table to eat on, that is what you do. After we doccked we'd get dressed and be on our way for the day. When we would get back, everything would be gone!

134.jpg

133.jpg

great idea to include it on the comment card...they do look for ways to improve your cruise experience. I love having breakfast on my balcony. I did get a bit spoiled on Oasis of the Seas as they have the regular tables on their balconies. I'll be on Serenade of the Seas in October. I heard a lot of positive things about the ship and the itinerary.

But then again, if I'm just getting a small table on my balcony, perhaps I should just cancel the whole cruise and let the little table ruin my entire vacation ;-).

I'm with you...I'll include it on my comment card at the end of my vacation too. Have fun on your cruise!

The OP was complaining about the size of the table on the balcony.

Whether you consider it to be whining or not is a matter of interpretation.

The simple fact is that many cruisers cannot afford a balcony cabin and would be very happy to be in one regardless of the size of the table on the balcony. Let's be thankful for what we have rather than complain about miniscule matters.

No, they were expressing a dislike.

It sounds like the real problem is one of jealousy. What does it matter if someone else can or can't afford a balcony room?? The size of the table is still an issue that could be improved upon. There is nothing wrong with expressing a dislike for something and suggesting an improvement. This is how business make things bigger and better and why we always see "new and improved" products. This is also why ships get upgrades... oh and guess what one of them is... bigger tables on the balconies, lol.

In all honesty, the op did claim that he was going to complain about something before he even stepped foot on the ship! :confused:

Also, I agree that the balcony may be too small to have a table on it that you could eat from. Some Celebrity cabins have larger tables and it is quite nice, but they do take up some of your view.

Either way, enjoy your balcony!

In all honesty, the op did claim that he was going to complain about something before he even stepped foot on the ship! :confused:

Acutally they did not say that. They said "which in my opinion is a real downer." In other words... it's a little disapointing and sad but not a reason to not go or change rooms.

They then went on to say "I for one will be letting RCI know on a comment card to upgrade those little tables" Which is exactly how it should be handled. They didn't say they were going to call up headquarters and demand a different table. they didn't even say they were going to ask their room steward to change it out.

All I wanted to say was that it would be nice to have a table with a height to eat on. It is not a big deal, I will as always have a great time cruising. If I sounded like a complainer I am sorry, I am not the complaining type. I just thought it might be a good idea to suggest to RCI that a higher table would be appreciated.

Archived