Please help--cruising tomorrow!

Felix11

We are leaving tomorrow on the Summit to Bermuda. It looks like one in our party may have left her passport in Boston. When she filled out the on-line ticket form she used her passport information as her form of identification. Question--at this point can she show up at the pier tomorrow with no passport but with an original birth certificate and a picture driver's license? I tried calling Celebrity but they are closed. Help!

You friend should be OK:

U.S. and Canadian citizens are not required to have a passport to enter Bermuda. U.S. citizens need an original or certified copy of their birth certificate, a U.S. naturalization certificate, a U.S. Alien Registration card, or a U.S. reentry permit.

Celebrity should only want a picture ID (drivers license) and a credit card.

If she has the original birth certificate with her, she should be fine. If she doesn't, it could be a problem. We were at the pier once when a couple was denied boarding, they had filled out the online forms and thought that was all that was needed, didn't bring any documentation on their person and they were'nt allowed to cruise.

For domestic travel which includes: the Bahamas, Bermuda, Canada, the Caribbean basin and Mexico, a Passport (valid or expired), valid U.S. Passport Card or State or Provincial Enhanced Drivers License is highly recommended.

In the absence of a Passport, U.S. Passport Card or State or Provincial Enhanced Drivers License (when available - this secure drivers license will denote identity and citizenship) or any other Department of Home Land Security approved Identification / Citizenship document(s), a birth certificate (original or certified copy), plus a laminated picture ID card including photo, name and date of birth issued by a federal, state, or local government agency is required.

Problem resolved--She got a cousin to drive down to CT, about 1 1/2 hours from here. If that didn't work out I felt sure, from these responses, that we would be OK, but she was more or less in panic mode. Matill, I wish I had read your response sooner. Yours was the perfect solution! If we connect on the ship I would like to buy you a drink for the offer. My name is Patty and my husband is Barrie.

The kindess of people~it really is a nice to see on here.:) I have to

remember that more often. I agree with Don, and the next round would

be on me too:D

Problem resolved--She got a cousin to drive down to CT, about 1 1/2 hours from here. If that didn't work out I felt sure, from these responses, that we would be OK, but she was more or less in panic mode. Matill, I wish I had read your response sooner. Yours was the perfect solution! If we connect on the ship I would like to buy you a drink for the offer. My name is Patty and my husband is Barrie.

Hi Patty !

I'm happy to hear that you were able to get the Passport. I'm not 100% certain if you will actually need it (I tried to research it last night - but noticed some conflicting information), so it's best that you have it. This way, you are certain all will be fine. Kudos to Matill for offering the kindness we've seen from Cruise Critic Members over the years. You are all the best !

If you read this post before you board, when you return home... please let us know if the Passport was a must. Have a wonderful Cruise on Summit !

Archived